Developing the Frontiers (Part I)

Here you can comment on news articles.
Rudra
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Jan 23, 2019 19:58

Postby Rudra » Apr 17, 2022 15:59

Hello,
some things have been announced, when they will come is unfortunately in the stars. There are also no statements from the Gm's neither in the Discord nor here in the forum.
The server suffers a lot from this, many Hibs take a break or are otherwise active.
Geetings

later more

We urgently need changes to make the gameplay more attractive again and the information flow between GM's and players should work better.
Rudra/Irela/Partymonster

User avatar
Roby5869
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 98
Joined: May 01, 2013 23:54
Location: Italy

Postby Roby5869 » Apr 18, 2022 17:08

Rudra wrote:Hello,
some things have been announced, when they will come is unfortunately in the stars. There are also no statements from the Gm's neither in the Discord nor here in the forum.
The server suffers a lot from this, many Hibs take a break or are otherwise active.
Geetings

later more

We urgently need changes to make the gameplay more attractive again and the information flow between GM's and players should work better.


Good luck, this is the main reason people leaved this server.
Image

Steppin
Guardian
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Oct 01, 2014 20:20

Postby Steppin » Apr 22, 2022 09:32

Roby5869 wrote:We urgently need changes to make the gameplay more attractive again and the information flow between GM's and players should work better.
Good luck, this is the main reason people leaved this server.


Actually, the conversation was also continued on the Discord server, and the consensus seems to be that the "main reason" for lack of engagement is... due to player lack of engagement.

The implication being that the GMs need to somehow incentivize the players to play, and by the players playing, then more players will play. You'll notice a cyclical repetition there because it is indeed a cyclical thing.

As mentioned there, the Dragon issue does need resolving (as it is an important end-game loot and respec source); however, it seems like the "main problem" could be resolved completely by the players themselves simply stepping up and engaging on the server to provide the critical mass needed for the game to be interesting.

The Network effect.

So... we know what the main problem is, we know what the solution is, and all it takes is for everyone to simply step up and solve the problem collectively -- an observant reader will note this this is pretty much a panacea for most of the problems that mankind faces in the world... although it is a big mouthful to chew on things like global poverty, food insecurity, purpose in life, et. al., we might not be able to solve those overnight. whereas having 4-6 groups of people roaming is pretty much instantly solvable. No?

User avatar
Roby5869
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 98
Joined: May 01, 2013 23:54
Location: Italy

Postby Roby5869 » Apr 30, 2022 15:21

Steppin wrote:
Roby5869 wrote:We urgently need changes to make the gameplay more attractive again and the information flow between GM's and players should work better.
Good luck, this is the main reason people leaved this server.


Actually, the conversation was also continued on the Discord server, and the consensus seems to be that the "main reason" for lack of engagement is... due to player lack of engagement.

The implication being that the GMs need to somehow incentivize the players to play, and by the players playing, then more players will play. You'll notice a cyclical repetition there because it is indeed a cyclical thing.

As mentioned there, the Dragon issue does need resolving (as it is an important end-game loot and respec source); however, it seems like the "main problem" could be resolved completely by the players themselves simply stepping up and engaging on the server to provide the critical mass needed for the game to be interesting.

The Network effect.

So... we know what the main problem is, we know what the solution is, and all it takes is for everyone to simply step up and solve the problem collectively -- an observant reader will note this this is pretty much a panacea for most of the problems that mankind faces in the world... although it is a big mouthful to chew on things like global poverty, food insecurity, purpose in life, et. al., we might not be able to solve those overnight. whereas having 4-6 groups of people roaming is pretty much instantly solvable. No?


We know what the main problem is, somebody doesn't. The main reason reported has some backdraws in GMs lack of interest in developing the server the way it gets more involving for players to play it. Without talking about the last problems, this server was born to give players the real 1.65 experience, but today after 5+ years we still wait SI to be implemented and those by word of Abydos were ready long time ago.
Image

User avatar
Jerrian
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Jan 21, 2010 01:00

Postby Jerrian » Jun 15, 2022 00:03

Roby5869 wrote:
Steppin wrote:
Roby5869 wrote:We urgently need changes to make the gameplay more attractive again and the information flow between GM's and players should work better.
Good luck, this is the main reason people leaved this server.


Actually, the conversation was also continued on the Discord server, and the consensus seems to be that the "main reason" for lack of engagement is... due to player lack of engagement.

The implication being that the GMs need to somehow incentivize the players to play, and by the players playing, then more players will play. You'll notice a cyclical repetition there because it is indeed a cyclical thing.

As mentioned there, the Dragon issue does need resolving (as it is an important end-game loot and respec source); however, it seems like the "main problem" could be resolved completely by the players themselves simply stepping up and engaging on the server to provide the critical mass needed for the game to be interesting.

The Network effect.

So... we know what the main problem is, we know what the solution is, and all it takes is for everyone to simply step up and solve the problem collectively -- an observant reader will note this this is pretty much a panacea for most of the problems that mankind faces in the world... although it is a big mouthful to chew on things like global poverty, food insecurity, purpose in life, et. al., we might not be able to solve those overnight. whereas having 4-6 groups of people roaming is pretty much instantly solvable. No?


We know what the main problem is, somebody doesn't. The main reason reported has some backdraws in GMs lack of interest in developing the server the way it gets more involving for players to play it. Without talking about the last problems, this server was born to give players the real 1.65 experience, but today after 5+ years we still wait SI to be implemented and those by word of Abydos were ready long time ago.


True, also many good ideas have been brought by player council too, but there is no intention/manpower staff sided to implement them. Before something will go in the right direction, staff needs some manpower and motivation to get things done. The lack of SI is the best fact to show ppl the state of Uthgard.

Previous

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Friday, 01. July 2022

Artwork and screen shots Copyright © 2001-2004 Mythic Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission of Mythic Entertainment. Mythic Entertainment, the Mythic Entertainment logo, "Dark Age of Camelot," "Shrouded Isles," "Foundations," "New Frontiers," "Trials of Atlantis," "Catacombs," "Darkness Rising," the Dark Age of Camelot and subsequent logos, and the stylized Celtic knot are trademarks of Mythic Entertainment, Inc.

Valid XHTML & CSS | Original Design by: LernVid.com | Modified by Uthgard Staff