Tajendi - Comments

Here you will find all our planned and done events
Brooms
Myrmidon

Postby Brooms » Dec 30, 2009 23:25

In a world of instant gratification mmos, this mod is truly awesome.

We stopped at about step 32, but will definately hit it up again when the rest of my buds ding 50. Very nicely written and scripted. I really liked the music.
Team Awesome/Cobra Kai

Forge (World of Tanks NA server)

Rector
Alerion Knight

Postby Rector » Dec 30, 2009 23:28

the music is taken from Gothic3, must be said ;) (I like it, too)

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Dec 30, 2009 23:36

ssh! :D
Be nice. :)

Razzer
Eagle Knight

Postby Razzer » Dec 30, 2009 23:37

TheKrokodil wrote:ssh! :D

It's alive !!!!!!!! 8O 8O
Uthgard till 2003!

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Dec 30, 2009 23:39

"[x] Notify me when a reply is posted"

Razzer
Eagle Knight

Postby Razzer » Dec 30, 2009 23:40

TheKrokodil wrote:"[x] Notify me when a reply is posted"

ok so it's an auto-generated answer by a robot :P
Uthgard till 2003!

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Dec 30, 2009 23:45

Razzer wrote:
TheKrokodil wrote:ssh! :D

It's alive !!!!!!!! 8O 8O

it's alive!!!11111111

Akip
Alerion Knight

Postby Akip » Dec 31, 2009 02:28

nice so we know how to contact you now :P

Lintu
Phoenix Knight

Postby Lintu » Dec 31, 2009 06:52

Well not just the music is stolen. Some of the ideas and mobs are stolen too. Like the weed smoking or the mine crawlers. But I like it, its really well done. I found like thousand hidden gimmicks in probably more than 200 hours spent in Taj2 for exploring the world.

Lately I found the Orb of Wisedom which let me know alot about the background and the ideas of making Taj2. Really interesting, well done.

But 2 of the comments are empty. When you talk to them they say "null". Its the comment in front of the switch riddle and its the comment in the hidden room (insiders should know).
Btw I found the hidden room before I read the comment for it. Yay me ;)

Any chance that the 2 comments get their text? I wanna know more :D

I guess im almost done then with almost all the secrets of Tajendi2. Expecially thanks to those people who spent lots of hours with me in duo there to explore everything. (Like a nice 28 hour run in a duo with Liona ^^)

Just one thing got not revealed by the Orb of Wisedom which I thought it would: The words for the gatekeeper. Just give me the information if there are words or if he wanna fool me please :D

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Dec 31, 2009 12:01

Lintu wrote:Well not just the music is stolen. Some of the ideas and mobs are stolen too. Like the weed smoking or the mine crawlers. But I like it, its really well done. I found like thousand hidden gimmicks in probably more than 200 hours spent in Taj2 for exploring the world.

Well, they were copied on purpose to create some "familiar" references :D - Part of the concept behind some of the jokes.

Lately I found the Orb of Wisedom which let me know alot about the background and the ideas of making Taj2. Really interesting, well done.

Nice :) - Didn't know anyone found and finished the small riddle. Glad to hear someone read all those comments :D

But 2 of the comments are empty. When you talk to them they say "null". Its the comment in front of the switch riddle and its the comment in the hidden room (insiders should know).

Umm, oops. If you insist, I can send them to you if you give me the numbers of both comment nodes.

Just one thing got not revealed by the Orb of Wisedom which I thought it would: The words for the gatekeeper. Just give me the information if there are words or if he wanna fool me please :D

There is a secret phrase which will allow you to let the Gatekeeper disappear immediatly, and it is implemented. But it was only barely related to things you learn while in Tajendi, and no one will probably guess it :P

(By the way, I don't know it anymore myself.)

Satz
Alerion Knight

Postby Satz » Dec 31, 2009 12:11

/wh senfsahnekekse

Lintu
Phoenix Knight

Postby Lintu » Dec 31, 2009 15:31

TheKrokodil wrote:

Umm, oops. If you insist, I can send them to you if you give me the numbers of both comment nodes.

Nice, thank you :) When im next time in temple, Ill check the numbers :)

Glacius

Postby Glacius » Feb 07, 2010 19:44

I did temple from taj 1, and i was dispaointed by some facts.

There is no viable map for each coridor , i mean ..there were games with no maps.. and they maked the game harder..but, when u create labyrinths at least create some kind of a map.

No npc to introduce you into the ridle like there was in TOA with Master levels .
Bind sistem is completelly akward ..like you enter another game , click click click !

We pased many ridles with 1 player and he resurected all the others, whats the point ..? when walking and droping down at snakes..and invisible etc.. useles.

If you get lost all u gota do is /disb and reenter taj from Archeologist..i mean ..why if i enter taj i get to be where the grp leader is? should be more dificult to get near the others.. ot just disbanding and renetering and puff step done! ..

The pool with 5 cm stone on sides..doesnt let u exit the water..to tall u wana say? :)) roflmao u gota click "exit water"..

A black ball for all those and a white ball for graphics and the ridle with encripted leters.

Lintu
Phoenix Knight

Postby Lintu » Feb 07, 2010 19:56

Glacius wrote:when u create labyrinths at least create some kind of a map.

Uhm... no? What would be difficult about it then anymore?
My Albion:

Chars: 50 Minstrel, 50 Infiltrator, 50 Paladin, 50 Reaver, 50 Theurgist, 50 Scout, 50 Friar, 50 Sorcerer, 50 Cleric, 50 Wizard, 50 Mercenary, 48 Cabalist, 48 Armsman

Crafting: LGM Alchemist, LGM Armorcrafter, LGM Tailor, LEG Spellcrafter, LEG Weaponcrafter, LEG Fletcher

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Feb 07, 2010 20:31

I really like constructive feedback about Tajendi. But this one isn't really constructive, so I don't like it. The aspects you named are either senseless, or just not possible to realize any different on Uthgard.

Glacius wrote:There is no viable map for each coridor , i mean ..there were games with no maps.. and they maked the game harder..but, when u create labyrinths at least create some kind of a map.

Well, as Lintu already said, what would be the sense behind a labyrinth if there is already a map? I don't know which "labyrinth" you mean. If you mean the one at the start, the labyrinth is your punishment for giving a wrong answer. If you mean the temple itself,..well...its not really a labyrinth, is it? And if you mean the one with the columns in the middle..well...You can find the right way rather easily.

And even if we wanted to add a map, It would not have been possible within DAoC, as the temple has about four layers and space was scarce.

No npc to introduce you into the ridle like there was in TOA with Master levels .

If you would have read the whole story of Tajendi, you will know the concept behind the temple, and why there can be no NPC's which introduce you to the riddles. Instead, you can find several rune plates which contain some obfuscated hint on solving the problem. Its always there, you just have to look for it.

Bind sistem is completelly akward ..like you enter another game , click click click !

Tajendi was never intended to really fit into the DAoC world; but rather to be some "stand-alone" area. And keeping this in mind, we decided to change some of DAoC's habits.

We pased many ridles with 1 player and he resurected all the others, whats the point ..? when walking and droping down at snakes..and invisible etc.. useles.

As I said before: Storyline. And by the way, only one group member has to toggle the switches; no need at all to go through these riddles with the whole group

If you get lost all u gota do is /disb and reenter taj from Archeologist..i mean ..why if i enter taj i get to be where the grp leader is? should be more dificult to get near the others.. ot just disbanding and renetering and puff step done! ..

With already the long playtime there, we decided to give players some comfort in cases they have to reenter Tajendi. Would it be more to your liking if you have to run 20 minutes to your group after going LD at Churiel?

The pool with 5 cm stone on sides..doesnt let u exit the water..to tall u wana say? :)) roflmao u gota click "exit water"..

This was a fast and dirty fix in the latter stages of development. The pool and hallway you mentioned connect the temple to the jungle, and in these connections there are several different layers of water (each having a slightly different height; the water level is not the same in all Tajendi). As both the temple and the jungle itself were already partially done when creating this connection, It was impossible to move either one without having to relocate every single object and npc within the zone. So we (rather, I) decided to go with this solution.

A black ball for all those and a white ball for graphics and the ridle with encripted leters.

As you can see, there are reasons for all these things you mentioned. I wont deny that Tajendi II has many bugs and places which could be fixed or improved. But all this would have taken even more time than Tajendi II already took, and most of them are minor-glitches which can be ignored easily.

And just remember: If you don't like it, don't play it. No one forces you.

PreviousNext

Return to Events