Burial Grounds / Easter 2012

Here you will find all our planned and done events
User avatar
davidoof
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mar 21, 2007 01:00
Location: near Berlin

Postby davidoof » Apr 06, 2012 14:18

i remeber the guard rescin in easter eg merchant, put in again in?
Back to NF, NEW RA.

User avatar
Chrissi
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Jun 07, 2009 00:00

Postby Chrissi » Apr 06, 2012 14:29

Trishin wrote:We will not give out 300+ reskins. Not now, not tomorrow, not in 100 years.


This statement is a bit more then a huge fail.

This wasn't about to HAVE a reskinned item or smth. It would be something about make a realm PRIDE, and make it stick together zerg together, raid together etc. - but nvm.

User avatar
Lasastard
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1179
Joined: May 28, 2009 00:00

Postby Lasastard » Apr 06, 2012 14:43

Can't say I am surprised tho...

Against better judgement, a few more words on this:

This would not be a freely selectable or tradeable reskin. It therefore has no real impact on the games economy. Most cloaks used in game are from Tajendi, so if anyone decides to apply a reskin, the item is and remains non-tradeable. If you absolutely don't want to award this as a reskin, give out cloaks without stats that have this skin. Although that would probably reduce the overall usefulness of the reward.

The thought behind this, as I think I made sufficiently clear to anyone actually bothering to think about it, would be to create some sense of 'belonging' in RvR for zergs - and it would look quite spectacular too, I imagine.
Image

User avatar
Icharus
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Oct 18, 2009 00:00

Postby Icharus » Apr 06, 2012 16:15

Trishin wrote:Not now, not tomorrow, not in 100 years.


At least we finally agree on something -

I won't be participating in any GM led event. Not now, not tomorrow, not in 100 years.
Image
Image

User avatar
Runental
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Aug 21, 2009 00:00
Location: Funkytown

Postby Runental » Apr 06, 2012 16:55

ok
Image
ONE a Shaman solo Video
TWO a Shaman solo Video

User avatar
Trishin
Game Master
Game Master
 
Posts: 5046
Joined: Apr 07, 2010 00:00

Postby Trishin » Apr 06, 2012 17:21

Lasastard wrote:Can't say I am surprised tho...

Against better judgement, a few more words on this:

This would not be a freely selectable or tradeable reskin. It therefore has no real impact on the games economy. Most cloaks used in game are from Tajendi, so if anyone decides to apply a reskin, the item is and remains non-tradeable. If you absolutely don't want to award this as a reskin, give out cloaks without stats that have this skin. Although that would probably reduce the overall usefulness of the reward.

The thought behind this, as I think I made sufficiently clear to anyone actually bothering to think about it, would be to create some sense of 'belonging' in RvR for zergs - and it would look quite spectacular too, I imagine.



If you want I will happily spawn a dye merchant in the event so you can all run in red/blue/green cloaks.
However handing out free (tradeable or not) reskins to 300 people will not be done.

User avatar
RonELuvv
Alerion Knight
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Apr 13, 2010 00:00

Postby RonELuvv » Apr 06, 2012 17:26

Yah, I have to agree with Trishin on this, allthough I would be fine if they did decide to do that :D You guys have to remember that they have to apply those reskins. If you were a GM would you be wanting to answer 300 /call gm's to apply skins to cloaks? I didnt think so.

Also, please stop with the backhanded compliments to the GM's. They are running an event, something we as the community complain about all the time, saying they dont do enough. Now they are doing one and 2 pages into replys on this thread and allready we have people calling out Uthalis, calling out GM's for not doing enough events, and then call GM's out for not giving everyone in attendence cloak reskins....

I have an idea, take part or dont, but as my mother always said, "If you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all."

I look forward to coming along and joining in for as much as I can on this, unfortunately I wont be off work till about an hour after it starts.

User avatar
Chrissi
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Jun 07, 2009 00:00

Postby Chrissi » Apr 06, 2012 17:34

Since there can't be an NPC or merchant where you could grab that Cloak for a Token or smth? :wall:

Sorry, I did understand you are not willed to to do that. But Rone your argument is invalid.

User avatar
RonELuvv
Alerion Knight
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Apr 13, 2010 00:00

Postby RonELuvv » Apr 06, 2012 17:43

My argument is invalid? You mean because I dont agree with you that its "invalid".

People like you and 90% of people on these forums and games only see things threw their own personal eyes and greedieness. You just proved that. Thank you for making my "invalid" argument "valid". People like you Chrissi use "realm pride" and "solidarity" to make your arguments seem like they are coming from a good place, but really all you are saying is, "I want some really cool free stuff for going to an event. I shouldnt have to pay tons of plats and waste lots of time on things like this..." I hear the same speeches about realm pride when people add in my 1 vs 1 fights and i'm winning w/ 90% life and the enemy has 10%. It has nothing to do with realm pride, those people are just greedy and want to leech rp's.

If you think the only thing keeping Hibs and Albs and Mids from grouping up and having "solidarity" and some "realm pride" is having a fancy cloak then you are just.... what is the word i'm looking for.... DUMB. People dont care about "realm pride" or any of that junk because 1) The overwhelming majority plays mulitple realms and 2) this game has been out long enough that people dont care about the whole Hib/Mid/Alb realms at war. They just want to fight.

As Trishin pointed out, if you want solidarity and everyone in Hib/Mid/Alb to just bleed their own realm colors then do what the mids did and have everyone dye their cloak Green/Red/Blue to show REALM PRIDE!! You will see how much realm pride there is when you and 2 of ur buddies match up and everyone is is laughing at you....
Last edited by RonELuvv on Apr 06, 2012 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chrissi
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Jun 07, 2009 00:00

Postby Chrissi » Apr 06, 2012 17:47

:gaga:

User avatar
RonELuvv
Alerion Knight
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Apr 13, 2010 00:00

Postby RonELuvv » Apr 06, 2012 17:49

Chrissi wrote::gaga:


Well played sir.... You really put me in my place.

User avatar
Chrissi
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Jun 07, 2009 00:00

Postby Chrissi » Apr 06, 2012 17:54

C'mon Rone, save your time you are writing these roman's down here and make something usefull into the game! :grin:

I'm looking forward to the event.

User avatar
RonELuvv
Alerion Knight
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Apr 13, 2010 00:00

Postby RonELuvv » Apr 06, 2012 18:27

Touche :) Sorry, some times at work here I get a lil riled up 8)

User avatar
borog
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Oct 23, 2008 00:00

Postby borog » Apr 06, 2012 18:35

well i must be an exception then, because i do not nor ever will play red or green realm. I couldnt care less if i never get to run around some green scenery a look at trees.

Personally, every event i have attended so far, and i have done them all have been a PVE/RVR fest where the realm with the most numbers wins. It has nothing to do with fighing for your realm but whoring RP's by joining the winning team.

Sure Mids have the relics and we did well to get them, but now we are filled with cross realmers who will abandon ship at the first opportunity. Especially when the hibs dont show up and do a relic run mid event like we did.

User avatar
kazam
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mar 13, 2008 01:00

Postby kazam » Apr 06, 2012 18:45

Technical question:

Abydos wrote:At 8 PM CET (2 PM Eastern, 11 AM Pacific for our North American players) on Friday, April 6th, a portal will open in Cotswold, Mularn, and Mag Mell that will take you to the Burial grounds.


Do you really mean 8 PM CET or 8 PM CEST (Central European Summer Time)?
8 PM CET would result in 9 PM CEST ...

PreviousNext

Return to Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Sunday, 09. August 2020

Artwork and screen shots Copyright © 2001-2004 Mythic Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission of Mythic Entertainment. Mythic Entertainment, the Mythic Entertainment logo, "Dark Age of Camelot," "Shrouded Isles," "Foundations," "New Frontiers," "Trials of Atlantis," "Catacombs," "Darkness Rising," the Dark Age of Camelot and subsequent logos, and the stylized Celtic knot are trademarks of Mythic Entertainment, Inc.

Valid XHTML & CSS | Original Design by: LernVid.com | Modified by Uthgard Staff