Christmas 2011

Here you will find all our planned and done events
RonELuvv
Alerion Knight

Postby RonELuvv » Dec 19, 2011 06:45

I thought it was a good event overall, but from the Hib's point of view you have to understand some frustration. For starters we were the only realm that had walls all around our central keep, which would make it good for defense if the portals werent inside the keep on the wall towers. Once the Albs realised this they simply put their zerg in our keeps main yard and prevented the Hibs from being able to get in since they just farmed the front doors w/ non stop aoe. From there they were able to take princess after princess from our keep while we couldnt even port to any realms keeps or even get inside our keep to defend. This was corrected about 3/4 of the way threw the task, but overall it make it extremely unfair. The best us Hibs could have done would have been to camp the Mid keep so they couldnt get any princess' in as well and end up in a tie for 2nd between Hibs and Mids.

I also thought it was pretty lame of the Mids to go after Relics while a server event is going on. The event took long enough then because the Hibs finished in last place we had to wait till Albs and Mids got their rewards and in the mean time the Mids are taking the power relics. Maybe on the next event put a lock on the relics to prevent this. What you ended up with was 20-30 mids in a event and getting tons of rewards for a few players AND mids get all the relics. Meanwhile the Hibs are sitting w/ 100+ in BG easy and we cant do anything because we cant port into other areas, then when we could we couldnt port into our city w/ princess' because Albs were camped inside our keep. Overall, I was a bit frustrated with the whole thing.

EternitySphere
Myrmidon

Postby EternitySphere » Dec 19, 2011 08:13

We went to the mid keep initially. When the Hibzerg hit the Mids who were attempting to retake their keep from us, you guys eventually over ran us after we took the 1st princess. We decided to port to the Hib keep after. When our group went to the Hib keep almost all of us died inside the portal room as there were shrooms everywhere, so you guys did initially have defense set up.

Once it was reported that you guys were on your way back to your keep with the Mid princess, we stalled for a few minutes. We moved our group to the Hib port and waited, assuming after you captured the mid princess, you would go directly back to get another. We were right. After holding outside the Hib portal for 30seconds, we went in, and the defense force that was previously there had reinforced the Mid keep group.

We told Albs to dig in and hold the keep, which after a bit of organizing I have to say they did beautifully (Griselda spam). And of course from that point, while you guys focused on the Mid keep which was basicallly barren after the mids saw both of our forces sizes, myself and Skippy were free to take 6-7 of your princesses with zero effort.

Towards the very end, after it was announced we had 40 points I think, a group of Hibs finally started camping the Alb side of the Hib portal, but that was short lived. Of course you guys couldn't cap anymore princesses, but if you had kept a sizeable force on Alb side, we wouldn't have been able to either.

The portal camping was a bit cheap, but all's fair in love and war. Hibs were doing it too, Albs just did it better. There's also no rule that says if an event is going on, everything else on the server should be frozen. We lost relics too, but I see it more as them taking advantage of an opportunity. Mids weren't really getting anywhere versus our two larger groups so they did what I would've done in their place, while the other 2 realms are occupied. Their stealther zerg/group still managed to coordinate a few princess captures until we asked for some Albs to defend our princess to keep the gap very wide.

All in all, I really enjoyed the event. There was much more strategy involved versus the general "1 keep on an island lol zerg" event that I think the Hibs prefer (sup animists). Even if we had lost, I enjoyed it more, but there was a bit more thinking involved with this than other events.

PS - Much <3 Skip for handling loot, such a thankless job.
Alb - Eternitys, Eternityz, Spectres, Prophecy, Phantasm, Swarm
Mid - Spheres, Cicada, Aalea

Eternitys - If were allowing custom changes, why would the staff choose to remove a very very good and highly accepted custom change such as barrels? Then on top of that, use the "it's livelike" excuse as a reason for removing them? If staff are so concerned about livelike and that's the direction the staff wish to go, I'd fully support a 100% livelike server. However if there are custom changes on the server, then using the "livelike" excuse is being nothing more then hypocritical.

Staff - Locked!

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Dec 19, 2011 08:48

The strategy being "Camp Hibernian keep so they can't get any points"? What a strategy!
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

EternitySphere
Myrmidon

Postby EternitySphere » Dec 19, 2011 09:27

Austerim wrote:The strategy being "Camp Hibernian keep so they can't get any points"? What a strategy!

Thanks.
Alb - Eternitys, Eternityz, Spectres, Prophecy, Phantasm, Swarm
Mid - Spheres, Cicada, Aalea

Eternitys - If were allowing custom changes, why would the staff choose to remove a very very good and highly accepted custom change such as barrels? Then on top of that, use the "it's livelike" excuse as a reason for removing them? If staff are so concerned about livelike and that's the direction the staff wish to go, I'd fully support a 100% livelike server. However if there are custom changes on the server, then using the "livelike" excuse is being nothing more then hypocritical.

Staff - Locked!

Paxx
Myrmidon

Postby Paxx » Dec 19, 2011 09:54

The Event out of the sight of Mids.

Starting with about 50-60 people.

Get less and less people.

One SB getting through some albs capturing the Princess three times and sneak back to our keep. (thanks to Schwarzlicht)

Then camping the two Portal-Points and stealing the Princess from some groups of Hibs. (thanks to Dinjir :grin: )

At the end we have been 33 people in BG and made around 56k RP

Sekunda
Myrmidon

Postby Sekunda » Dec 19, 2011 10:07

I think the event was a great idea, but the implementation lacked, due to the design of Hib keep.
But think this was hard to see before launching the event, and impossible to test beforehand.

But afterwards is what annoyed me the most:

1) Mids were relic raiding, which I think was fine (event shouldn't tie down RvR), but why not give Hibs their rewards first, so they could go defend relics? Of course, with swifter rewards given out, this also wouldn't have been a problem.

If there was some ceremony, where both sides were lines up, then again it would have made sense.

2) How Hibs decided to split rewards...
Random 1000 for each reskin/effect? Why not /random 1000, then go down the list and only allow lvl 49/50 pick the reskins?

Had we done this, those who had not rolled well, could have gone to bed, and taken strain of the server.

In the end, after two monster LD's, I decided to go to bed, which brings me to the last point...

3) Rewards for all, even if it's 5 uthalis, anything. Hibs could split their loot 1 and a half HOUR's after event ended. On a Sunday, where most have to go to work, it was past midnight when we started to split the loot, and at 1am CET, after second ld, I could not stay up any longer.

Lots of qq'ing there...

A final note, it's bull that people couldn't leave event zone, I did perfectly fine, and if it was closed, people can always /rel house
I was one of 4-5 defenders at Dagda, but it was hopeless.
If raid had mass left event zone, and gone there, we could have saved relics, and gone back to MM to split loot.

Grats to mids for relics, you didn't cheat you played smart.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Dec 19, 2011 10:24

It is unlikely that I would support disabling of RVR during an event. Everyone can make their choices about how they want to play for a day.

The other concerns regarding the shortfalls of the port design have been heard and can be improved upon if/when the event is re-held in the future.

Loot was given as quickly as possible to the BG leaders for distribution.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Dec 19, 2011 12:19

We were 3 GMs working on loot. No realm was being done first.

Methusalem
Phoenix Knight

Postby Methusalem » Dec 19, 2011 12:20

RonELuvv wrote:I also thought it was pretty lame of the Mids to go after Relics while a server event is going on.

ohhh, QQ

RonELuvv wrote:Maybe on the next event put a lock on the relics to prevent this.

ohh, more QQ

RonELuvv wrote:What you ended up with was 20-30 mids in a event and getting tons of rewards for a few players AND mids get all the relics.

what we deserve is what we get

RonELuvv wrote:Meanwhile the Hibs are sitting w/ 100+ in BG easy and we cant do anything because we cant port into other areas, then when we could we couldnt port into our city w/ princess' because Albs were camped inside our keep.

100+ in bg but still a loosing realm...vs some mids

stop cry dude, hibs and albs raid our relics fast enough back to u pvm-nerds

Healowner wrote:Ranger: QQ
Rest of server: ROFL
bodoterror6 wrote:QQ MORE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEE PLEASEEEEEEEEE, we owned you -> fact. now stfu, press tab and keep playing your miserable no skill characters ^^ bb

_Oglop_
Phoenix Knight

Postby _Oglop_ » Dec 19, 2011 12:27

My only concern about the event was the lack of port options from the Setup. With only one place to port, there was only one place to prevent the realm from Entering.

Once Albs found where to tickle the Hibs (Indicated by a Campfire heh) it was over, Hibernia was choked out of the event. Sure we could have tried to Counter it, but Albs are standing directly ontop of the Port with 5+ Bombers and more. Hibs that dared to click Battlefield were instantly killed upon port as they received maximum damage of PBAoE's. It was a One-way portal for Hibernia, unlike the other Portals Albs could camp right on top of the spawn without worry of Porting.

Overall, I really enjoyed the event. Even more than the Aerus City one last year. :D
Last edited by _Oglop_ on Dec 19, 2011 12:47, edited 3 times in total.
"It's not fair unless I'm winning!"

Petitpimousse
Gryphon Knight

Postby Petitpimousse » Dec 19, 2011 12:38

Hello

For the next event is it possible to put a quota of player

For example if a realm reach 100 no more player can entry in the area for this realm until the other realm have 95 player

To put a difference max of player = 5 or 10

we see how mid have less player globally with event for differents reasons...

And yes we take relic, and you say close the relic when event , pff, if you go this way why not close relic when mid sleep or in saturday evening when mid go drink a lot^^. Your realm never look if we are available or not Ronluw. I needed to look if we ill be owned by the realm bonus again, and another things....
Goupill, Spidy

Rhyniel
Myrmidon

Postby Rhyniel » Dec 19, 2011 13:08

Petitpimousse wrote:For example if a realm reach 100 no more player can entry in the area for this realm until the other realm have 95 player

To put a difference max of player = 5 or 10
So if a realm decides to boycott the event, the 2 other realms can't do it ?
Rhyniel - Cleric <Symposium>

Luziferius
Myrmidon

Postby Luziferius » Dec 19, 2011 13:12

To prevent Spawnpointcamping maybe you can use the same like in Dodens Entrance?

Petitpimousse
Gryphon Knight

Postby Petitpimousse » Dec 19, 2011 13:34

i say you can reach 100 or 50 ok so you have enought player to do it

All can be free to have a minimum number we ll say 50 but to have more than fifty, the other realm need have 45 player, like that not a lot of difference between each realm.

And finish the player who play like the sing of Jacques Dutronc "l'opportuniste" will be owned.
Goupill, Spidy

Galandriel2
Phoenix Knight

Postby Galandriel2 » Dec 19, 2011 14:50

go play wow battlegrounds
[12:46] <Roundhouse_> actualy galandriel and blackbeard the master challenges out on heavytanks
[23:52] <Skarz> u are best skald i seen for long time

PreviousNext

Return to Events