The shadow of Iinisac [Trailer]

Here you will find all our planned and done events
holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Aug 06, 2011 11:33

lol i have been called a lot, but not an elitist :lol:

well, as always i don't care :D

Besides i was semi afk the first 2 hours of the event and it wasn't my decision not to run with the zerg (i even said in ts stick with the zerg when i was active), later on i even tried to lead it a bit. I would not have tried to take the keep anyway.

That was so stupid with 1 million mobs, a 16k ae dmg casting casi and 2 way bigger zergs around, the mid zerg would have perma wiped in front of the keep anyway... if i would have been total active i would have votet for guerillla tactic with the whole zerg. Try to kill as many hibs and albs as possible to keep up the fun. Let them open the gates and maybe try a rush in the end as only chance.
maybe some of my grp joked around in the bg. i could not read bg, if so am sry for that. But don't blame me.

Not that we let the midzerg wipe on purpose. We always engaged when the zerg had inc, just from behind the enemy zergs.
only thing i am sorry for is the bad communication, but that was (as said often enough now) only due to rl issues and me being afk a lot.
Last edited by holsten-knight on Aug 08, 2011 14:23, edited 2 times in total.

Ploangel
Myrmidon

Postby Ploangel » Aug 06, 2011 11:39

Very nice Event ! Thx you Casi !

ImageImageImage

Maorga
Myrmidon

Postby Maorga » Aug 06, 2011 13:08

First thank you for this event.

Second I was disappointed with the informations about this event. Broadcasting at 19 o`clock prepare for the event - and every hour you get a little update. At 20 o`clock I was in group at DL but everyone was waiting. Still we make some jokes wich is the next important message in the next hour.
Okay the event started about 22 o`clock may be later but it doesn't matters. So regroup at the BGs and it started. Casi fight against all so it was okay to die instant :P.
The Event ended at 1:30 with the victory of Hibernia. Some guys really have to work on friday mine too. but I have an easy shift on Friday so it doesn't matters. But all who gone before the end won't get much RPs or any Uthallis. I only stayed because after our first death at Lord we fast get the keep back so I know we have a good position so I stay even if I should sleep. But all the others who couldn't stay didn't get any Uthallis even if they run with us at 20 o'clock may be up to 5 hours.

For all the albs mids and hibs (who didn't stay till end) it was may be a little disappointing them cause of spending so much time for not many RPs. May be it would be fine if the staff could reward each play which is at the event every half hour with some Uthallis. The then gets some extra Uthallis (maybe 30 then 90). That would in my eyes more fair. And may be more will stay I would also left the BG sooner if we hadn't this advantage. So I can understand the mids (who some logged out) because you know okay we can't get so you do not need to spend much energy in it(for nothing okay some RPs but I only get 12k and thats may be not much for that that I stay all the time ).

So I wish that all which take part of the event should be rewarded not only the winner.

bye

Maorga

Sonnenschein
Alerion Knight

Postby Sonnenschein » Aug 06, 2011 15:49

I have no clue who 'won' this event, cause I had to go to sleep (btw. just lol clari "young people don't die if they sleep less once"... funny to see that you regulate your life based on the game)

No I do not regulate my life based on a game - in fact I rarely play at the moment - but I'm kinda used to skip sleep sometimes - as I did lead the Albs... I couldnt leave - I do not let people down ;)

Holsten wrote:You once had the chance for bg insta rvr everyone demands so badly here in the forum and you really try to... open a keep instead? oO).

Yup! +1

@Finalment: Well Albs had a lot of Breeds also XD

@Runental: Nope only like 700 Uthalis for the winning realm that takes the keep - I sure would have appreaciated some Uthalis for the Alb BG that lasted until the end (at this point thx to all Albs that did not give up and kept on running with me :D)

Aragorn
Eagle Knight

Postby Aragorn » Aug 08, 2011 01:13

For what reason did you removed the Rings and the Cloaks from the Event merchant?
[01:18] <[NoXmas]Ara> dann zwing mich mal um rl :)
[01:20] <[Uth]Nayru|away> .d &jail in aragorn
[01:20] <Uthbot> msg: Jailed aragorn in!

Runental
Phoenix Knight

Postby Runental » Aug 08, 2011 02:58

would interest me too oO
ONE a Shaman solo Video
TWO a Shaman solo Video

GoGreen
Gryphon Knight

Postby GoGreen » Aug 08, 2011 14:13

Maybe Blue finally had a look on those rewards and canceled it.
If so thx Blue.

But Uthgard event reward philosophy is broken anyway.

davidoof
Phoenix Knight

Postby davidoof » Aug 08, 2011 14:45

would be nice if be are rewards like chark/phoenix/chiemera trophy :cry:
Back to NF, NEW RA.

Magicco
Alerion Knight

Postby Magicco » Aug 08, 2011 16:31

i think cause one (ore more) of the items had a problem

one item got 2x heat resis on it

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Aug 08, 2011 16:47

davidoof wrote:would be nice if be are rewards like chark/phoenix/chiemera trophy :cry:
I wouldn't mind some event trophies being on there. :D
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

RonELuvv
Alerion Knight

Postby RonELuvv » Aug 08, 2011 23:58

I will say this again since I just read another post about the late event for European servers. You guys do realise that people from all over the globe play this right? I realise people have to work in the morning an it killed the event to a certain degree by having the event so late for Euro players, but it was nice to see an event that most other players (not in Euro time zone) could also attend. Remember that when you are complaing that it ran to late. This was the FIRST event I was EVER able to attend during the week, and I only made it for the final hour of it. ALL the other events are ran on Euro primetime which makes it impossible for us in non-Euro time's to do. I'm glad that every once in awhile we can switch those up a bit so EVERYONE gets a chance to participate.

Luydor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Luydor » Aug 09, 2011 10:21

Heho,

I can understand that US Player would be happy if they get a better chance to take part of an event, but you have to see it like that. You have to work when the eu- Primetime Events start, the same for the most EU GMs when you have your primetime. Only chance is that Abydos is able to do some events on his own soon or the weekends.
Reminds me on our guildforum:
Teagen wrote:just that because we live on a large spherical rock that is revolving around a giant fusion reaction, when its light on your side, its dark over here and vise versa.

Good change i think with the rewards. Was already think about to write it down in the forum, that i think we don't need no more custom items like the TOAjendi Items :D. It is ok i think if they have a good skin and so on but please nothing that have a effect on RvR. Like fast shield or slow weapons.

Greetz Luydor

Aragorn
Eagle Knight

Postby Aragorn » Aug 09, 2011 17:22

Magicco wrote:i think cause one (ore more) of the items had a problem

one item got 2x heat resis on it

That would be a 30sec fix.

Why does the Staff show us such Items that makes Players sell/buy Uthalis and then just remove them after some Players have already payed like 10-40P or so?

Isn't that a bit unfair?

Or for me i just gave mine away cause someone wanted the glow effect if i had known, that there will be Lege incredients i'd never done this. ^^

So pls decide if an Item is to Custom/Imba before you put them into a Merchant.

What about to take some SI items for that with SI skins that wouldn't be custom!
[01:18] <[NoXmas]Ara> dann zwing mich mal um rl :)
[01:20] <[Uth]Nayru|away> .d &jail in aragorn
[01:20] <Uthbot> msg: Jailed aragorn in!

Magicco
Alerion Knight

Postby Magicco » Aug 09, 2011 17:31

Kinda strange now... i dont think that these cloaks/rings will come back Oo, maybe a too fast single decision of Casinii.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Aug 09, 2011 19:22

The items was not yet cleared within the staff and it was a mistake they were put public. I doubt you will see them return.

We apologize for any disappointments this have caused.

You might see an increase of items on the event merchant in the future. However this all depends what we decide on internally :) good ideas or suggestions are as always welcome.

Overall we can say that the event merchant is our future event merchant, events in the future will give uthalis and the uthalis can be spend on rewards. The former known way of giving rewards at the event you won't see much if any of in the future, this will all be handled through the uthalis merchant. We are aware this is a custom feature, however so is giving out scrolls and items at the event day. Using a merchant we accomplish 2 things:

1. Players can save up from events for an item they really want instead of getting something they don't want or need.

2. GMs do not have to hand out long lists of rewards to a raid leader but can give out Uthalis to participants or as drops.

I hope this clarifies it all a bit.

With kind regards

Trishin - Uthgard Staff.

PreviousNext

Return to Events