Ankita's Rivalry (05/19/2011 18:00 CET)

Here you will find all our planned and done events
Casinii
Gryphon Knight

Postby Casinii » May 20, 2011 17:49

Kaltess wrote:And finally the best of all,the Wife step !
an Inconnu told you "my wife is gone for a walk in the woods" you have to understand that "my wife is a diying briton going at the other side of the country and she's laying behind trees and grass,on border of a map,far from any walking road"
That's a fact,i didn't get any Inconnu's dictionnary.

All i feel today,is deception and was really tired at work :(

The wife told you that she was attacked.. thats why she was not doing a walk anymore!
Scissors cut Paper covers Rock crushes Lizard poisons Spock smashes Scissors decapitate Lizard eats Paper disproves Spock vaporizes Rock crushes scissors!

Sonnenschein
Alerion Knight

Postby Sonnenschein » May 20, 2011 17:50

puh a lot of comments ^^

Riddles: What I disliked was that it was more or less "common" ones - the 2nd one I solved in university already from a tutor as gimmik and the 3rd we found on the internet later. The first one was kinda common also - I bet all of us had have such things in maths already (well still ppl took ages for them ^^)
There could have been more than just 3 :(
But I see the point in having only few since information went to the next groups/realms fast.

Keywords: I wonder why people took ages for the fairy to find the keywords since the cook asks you for fairy dust ^^
=> Keep in mind that you might only whisper 1 keyword but it is more like a question: Can we haz fairy dust?
But still as suggestion: You could make more NPC's talk to you and give you information about what to whisper or what to look for.

GNOME: Well this one was defenitly the worst part!!!
1st of all the smells were in a bigger area. If you started from a bad point of this area you sometimes did not find the next smell -.-
2nd this m********** f******* Gnome... Me, my group and the whole realm did run like 1000 times the spot where we finally found him... I wonder why it wasnt there at first.

=> Well after this Gnome part we got better - we splitted through the next zones and searched all places with some structure so we found the other stuff quicker. E.g. the wife, the gryphon
Next time we should take 4 skalds and 4 shamans XD

=> Egg search: Well Albion had a big advantage here since you can easily run through Dartmoor without taking too much adds while Malmo is full of Mobs everywhere. If the Egg was in a house on the hill aswell it was even easier since you can walk the hills kinda fast & without adds. I think that's a reason why they were faster.

After all everything wasnt that hard to solve if you know the answer ^^
I also liked that you did not have to do all parts if you found a quicker way :D

shade
Eagle Knight

Postby shade » May 20, 2011 18:11

Sonnenschein wrote:The first one was kinda common also - I bet all of us had have such things in maths already (well still ppl took ages for them ^^)

Not surprising it took some people ages - the first one was misquoted and could not be solved the way it was put by the NPC (important information was missing to give the problem a unique solution).
I am 100% sure that anyone who solved it either googled for the full formulation (maybe with different numbers), guessed the solution or copied the solution from someone else.

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » May 20, 2011 18:41

Sonnenschein wrote:
Keywords: I wonder why people took ages for the fairy to find the keywords since the cook asks you for fairy dust ^^
=> Keep in mind that you might only whisper 1 keyword but it is more like a question: Can we haz fairy dust?
But still as suggestion: You could make more NPC's talk to you and give you information about what to whisper or what to look for.

Maybe we read it wrong but it was said he wants pixie dust. So we tried pixie dust, without sucsess :oops:
Now I have a pixie pet, but I hate this pixie ^^ Maybe i gonna like her in a few month 8)
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Sonnenschein
Alerion Knight

Postby Sonnenschein » May 20, 2011 21:05

@Shade: I saw a lot of ppl complaining but the information was given: "both times the 2 swim contrary to each other" - which means nothing else that they start from different shores. Also it is quite sure that they start swimming at the same time since such riddles are always like this.

If they wanted you to assume something else there would have been extra information. (Like the Troll starts 10 minutes later than the Kobold) Without such information the riddle would have been quite impossible.

Hildorien
Myrmidon

Postby Hildorien » May 20, 2011 21:15

Bloodwyne wrote:
Albion that won the Aerus City event, which was a FAR more challenging Event and was not only based on luck like this one, got hand over 1 Weapon Reskin and 3 Armor Reskins to share with more than 130 people. And now you are telling me a group of 8 receives 2 Weapon- and 2 Armorreskins just for being the group that randomly found the retarded items/npc's faster than others did? Seriously im speechless of how crippled one's feeling for fairness can be.

Thank you very much for motivating people to keep on trying to finally win a reskin someday after so many work and time invested. Some appreciation.

These words explain everything.There were one other HARD event in the past and you gave 4 reskin to 150 ppl.And now you give 4 reskin to 8 ppl in this worst event.
ImageImage

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » May 20, 2011 21:32

It was not possible in this event that 150 players win. This was part of the intended time pressure. Be first/second or you are empty hands. Maybe it was a bit much but it was a big treasure chest.

I currently think about different systems for rewards like event auctioneers were you bid with tokens on rewards which you can gather by participating in the event. So it will still depend how much you have done in the event and are able to choose from different rewards which suits you most.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

davidoof
Phoenix Knight

Postby davidoof » May 20, 2011 21:40

token or/and platin 4 npcs rewards are good ideas
Last edited by davidoof on May 20, 2011 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Back to NF, NEW RA.

Sonnenschein
Alerion Knight

Postby Sonnenschein » May 20, 2011 21:44

Why always Platins.......David......
I don't think we should advantage hardcore PvE players ^^

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » May 20, 2011 21:49

The reward auctions would only accept event tokens from that specific event. You won't be able to get rewards without the tokens. We could also make Platinum packages which can be bid on. The idea is to reach more players with rewards and that players can better choose what they want.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Finalement
Eagle Knight

Postby Finalement » May 20, 2011 22:49

Blue wrote:The reward auctions would only accept event tokens from that specific event. You won't be able to get rewards without the tokens. We could also make Platinum packages which can be bid on. The idea is to reach more players with rewards and that players can better choose what they want.

Nice =)

I was a bit surprised when I heard about the rewards for this event^^
Don't forget: Casuals also want to look nice (maybe more than imba RR-chars cause they [obviously] play for RP and RR and not for Skins^^)

shade
Eagle Knight

Postby shade » May 20, 2011 22:56

Sonnenschein wrote:@Shade: I saw a lot of ppl complaining but the information was given: "both times the 2 swim contrary to each other" - which means nothing else that they start from different shores. Also it is quite sure that they start swimming at the same time since such riddles are always like this.

If they wanted you to assume something else there would have been extra information. (Like the Troll starts 10 minutes later than the Kobold) Without such information the riddle would have been quite impossible.

It didnt say they swim contrary to each other, only that by the first time they meet, they meet in opposite direction. They still could start from the same point (which isnt too unlikely if no information is given). Also if you dont know they start at the same time, you can still set up a bunch of equations with time variables.... you just do not get a unique solution out of that.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » May 20, 2011 23:55

Hej i didnt join the event, just some ppl told me about it. I think 7+h is too long for such an event. Next time maybe do it like a 3-4h event then many more casuals can join and ve the chance to win. 7h+ it not possible for working ppl unfortunatlly, this event was a great opportunity to be an event for all ppl on uth. Keep it up!

Casinii
Gryphon Knight

Postby Casinii » May 21, 2011 00:12

shade wrote:
Sonnenschein wrote:@Shade: I saw a lot of ppl complaining but the information was given: "both times the 2 swim contrary to each other" - which means nothing else that they start from different shores. Also it is quite sure that they start swimming at the same time since such riddles are always like this.

It didnt say they swim contrary to each other, only that by the first time they meet, they meet in opposite direction. They still could start from the same point (which isnt too unlikely if no information is given). Also if you dont know they start at the same time, you can still set up a bunch of equations with time variables.... you just do not get a unique solution out of that.

Sure, the first NPC told you that both swimmer swim contrary to each other!
Scissors cut Paper covers Rock crushes Lizard poisons Spock smashes Scissors decapitate Lizard eats Paper disproves Spock vaporizes Rock crushes scissors!

Lifioch
Myrmidon

Postby Lifioch » May 21, 2011 00:14

Bug fix scrolls as an reward would be nice :P Choose a bug which should get fixed xD

PreviousNext

Return to Events