Ankita's Rivalry (05/19/2011 18:00 CET)

Here you will find all our planned and done events
borog
Phoenix Knight

Postby borog » May 24, 2011 13:35

i don't know why you don't just create a new title system for events and count the number that people do successfully, the same way you count keep takes or dragon kills.

Then you could scale the titles to the number of successful events completed.

1 - "Event Starter"
5 - "Event Collaborator"
10 - "Event Victor"
20 - "Lord of Events"

that way, everyone gets "something" even if it just a rung further up the ladder to more recognition, and you don't have to introduce imbalancing items and pets that just take up vault space.

Plus i would have thought that creating a title script is infinitely easier to do than creating a custom skin that actually looks good.

Lasastard
Phoenix Knight

Postby Lasastard » May 24, 2011 13:44

afaik custom titles have been known to cause database issues of some sort - so it was abandoned.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » May 24, 2011 15:13

Unfortunately Mythics title window causes big problems if a player has too many of them.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Thorberg
Myrmidon

Postby Thorberg » May 25, 2011 10:37

Thanks to the organizers of this event!

However, this was probably the last event in which I participated. Useless,waste of time and not even challenging and full of bugs.
As usual in all the events on Uthgard, always the same players sticking together in IRC pick up the rewards.

My son, who participated too, hit the point when saying " these sort of events are orgainzed only to justify the GMs to give out reskins to their buddies". Playing since many years on Uthgard, I understand now, that this will never change.

Voras

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » May 25, 2011 10:56

This is not a fair statement to be honest. Casinii made this event for the community and because he wanted to try something new in the first place not for giving out rewards. That there are some rewards attached to an event is quite normal. Casinii made this event completely on his own and he is still brand new on Uthgard and surely does not have buddies among the players!

This negative attitude definitely does not help to see more events on Uthgard. Theres a lot of work and time invested behind every event and its just not worth if such reactions appear. I would suggest you (or your son) to just not participate in such events and keep your negative attitude for you as it will demotivate GM's to make more events in the future and I'm sure this is not what the major part of the community wants to see.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Thorberg
Myrmidon

Postby Thorberg » May 25, 2011 11:29

Blue wrote:This is not a fair statement to be honest

Reality doesn't care about fairness.

Blue wrote: That there are some rewards attached to an event is quite normal

Easter event? Beliathan?

Blue wrote: Casinii made this event completely on his own and he is still brand new on Uthgard and surely does not have buddies among the players!

But he stays in the continuity of events on Uthgard.
Blue wrote:This negative attitude definitely does not help to see more events on Uthgard

Don't see any negative attitude here, when trying to bring the server forward with my comments.

Blue wrote: Theres a lot of work and time invested behind every event and its just not worth if such reactions appear.

Thorberg wrote:Thanks to the organizers of this event!

Blue wrote: I would suggest you (or your son) to just not participate in such events and keep your negative attitude for you as it will demotivate GM's to make more events in the future and I'm sure this is not what the major part of the community wants to see.

Thorberg wrote:However, this was probably the last event in which I participated

Not participating would only help ....

Thorberg wrote: " these sort of events are orgainzed only to justify the GMs to give out reskins to their buddies"

I am a nice guy and I am not agressing anybody. I am simply expressing opinions of fellow players and myself, who participated in this event.

Voras

PS: I don't want to ge aggroed, therefore this is my last statement regarding this event

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » May 25, 2011 12:05

Thorberg wrote:My son, who participated too, hit the point when saying " these sort of events are orgainzed only to justify the GMs to give out reskins to their buddies". Playing since many years on Uthgard, I understand now, that this will never change.

This statement gets me angry again and again, so better we leave it by that.

fiskgrodan
Myrmidon

Postby fiskgrodan » May 25, 2011 13:11

I want to thank Casinii for the event. I enjoyed chatting with friends on teamspeak and on irc during it. (I also want to thank Casinii for being very friendly and helping me fix a bugged item.)

Altough some steps did not make any sense to me. For example wy should you whisper the name of the children to the mother by the rats? :D. And the problem by the pixie was written in not so great english which made it hard to comprehend what the problem was. But overall a good event and i hope to see more of them :)

I dont think its no secret that many of the players participating in pve events only do it in hope for getting reskins or imba items (sometimes with imba powreg and +range toa stats). I think those players enjoy RvR events more, like the easter egg event, zerg events or christmas events which all were very fun.

Bloodwyne
Phoenix Knight

Postby Bloodwyne » May 25, 2011 13:12

to say that the staff hands out rewards to their buddies is really stupid (gms that had nothing to do with the event for example were excluded from the event to prevent abuse/spoilers), the point is just that the staff never ever had a clue of what it means to hand out rewards in a FAIR way

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » May 25, 2011 15:16

but the only reason to get agitated about this is just envy isn't it?

Me for example, i really don't care how beautiful skinned other people run around. If they enjoy it ...fine, granted.

for sure i would also like to have a reskin someday, but to resent the players for theyr rewards or the GMs handing them out is so childish.

For sure casual players have in such events the same chance to win a reward as to kill a set grp of nerd gamers in rvr (none).
That should have been clear before participating.
The nerds stick togehter, help each other, know lots of people and tricks and... are just nerds. Casuals will never beat them in a computer game :D

That is the setback of such events against lets say the aerus city event. Where all rewards were handed out to a whole realm, and all had the same chance to win.

I believe casini when he says he did not prefer any realm or player.
Maybe the setup wasn't fair from the beginning, but it was his first event and i hope he does more.

The advantage of such competative event... you don't have to completely rely on luck to win.

You can take part in 20 dragonraids without winning one dragon item, while another player wins 10... would you call /random 100 unfair because of that? It sure can be, Luck is a unsettled bitc h :wink:
Last edited by holsten-knight on May 25, 2011 15:20, edited 1 time in total.

Casinii
Gryphon Knight

Postby Casinii » May 25, 2011 15:20

I dont prefer any players. When i play my tiny toon here on Uthgard, ( maybe 1x/month) then i play solo. I don't have any "buddys" here.
Scissors cut Paper covers Rock crushes Lizard poisons Spock smashes Scissors decapitate Lizard eats Paper disproves Spock vaporizes Rock crushes scissors!

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » May 25, 2011 15:58

but i like you :grin:

Healowner
Gryphon Knight

Postby Healowner » May 25, 2011 16:42

Prepare yourselves for cyber-sex! 8O

Healowner - Alb/Merlin - The Guardians

Previous

Return to Events