petition for removing 3min delay on keep siege

Talk about your RvR experience here
Snigel
Eagle Knight

Postby Snigel » Nov 06, 2022 13:32

Hi everybody,

I´ve given Uthgard 2.0 another shot and been playing again since mid of july.

The fact that upgrading a keep and reinforcing doors isn´t a cheap task, I´d suggest to remove the 3min delay timer when a keep gets attacked.
The imbalance in population right now just favors those having the numbers to put up 3-4rams at the first gate of a keep. Trying to defend your guilds claimed, upgraded and doorboosted keep gets impossible in the current setting.

As far as I remember the current delay wasn´t a thing at the start of Uthgard 2.0, why did it even get changed?
Satas Hakx - various artists

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Nov 08, 2022 11:23

Snigel wrote:As far as I remember the current delay wasn´t a thing at the start of Uthgard 2.0, why did it even get changed?

Albs used to get farmed within 30 seconds of touching a keep by mids, so they cried about not playing until it was changed.

In fairness it was probably a good idea back then to add the delay, as this was a good reason to have guilds claim keeps to get an early warning, but as population dropped it's become more of an issue as not all keeps can be claimed.

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Nov 08, 2022 14:09

fremster wrote:
Snigel wrote:As far as I remember the current delay wasn´t a thing at the start of Uthgard 2.0, why did it even get changed?

Albs used to get farmed within 30 seconds of touching a keep by mids, so they cried about not playing until it was changed.

In fairness it was probably a good idea back then to add the delay, as this was a good reason to have guilds claim keeps to get an early warning, but as population dropped it's become more of an issue as not all keeps can be claimed.

Who farmed them was Reallydirty group. 8 vs 40 maybe + or -. They had good reason to cry, but not bcs they weren't able to take keeps.

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Nov 09, 2022 21:51

ya the delay is stupid

Filters
Gryphon Knight

Postby Filters » Jul 13, 2023 23:26

Ahhh if only we have an admin reading :roll:
there are none so deaf as those who will not hear

Snigel
Eagle Knight

Postby Snigel » Oct 08, 2023 14:41

yearly reminder

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Oct 10, 2023 07:57

I think a better implementation would be send a broadcast message to everyone depending on the keep level.

E.g.
Level #3 - 23 opponents at the lord
Level #5 - 8 enemies at the inside gate
Level #7 - 12 enemies at the outer gate
Level #9 - 3 enemies at the outer guards

As fun as the farming of keeptakers is for the strong side I think it would be rather counterproductive in terms of rvr action.

The problem is simply the lack of about 30-50 active players / day and the complete imbalance between the realm populations and player skills.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Oct 10, 2023 10:15

Nakja wrote:I think a better implementation would be send a broadcast message to everyone depending on the keep level.

E.g.
Level #3 - 23 opponents at the lord
Level #5 - 8 enemies at the inside gate
Level #7 - 12 enemies at the outer gate
Level #9 - 3 enemies at the outer guards

As fun as the farming of keeptakers is for the strong side I think it would be rather counterproductive in terms of rvr action.

The problem is simply the lack of about 30-50 active players / day and the complete imbalance between the realm populations and player skills.

I might be misinformed, but wouldn't this change take someone making changes to the server? A person of some sort?

The needed change is people, who are in guild, which claim keeps.
Albion and having fun

Snigel
Eagle Knight

Postby Snigel » Feb 03, 2024 11:00

Spivo wrote:The needed change is people, who are in guild, which claim keeps.

It seems like you didn´t read the initial post.

Regarding Nakja´s suggestions one can say that this is a heavily customised fix which doesn´t help on low level keeps at all.

Getting rid of the delay shouldn´t take much of an effort and make defending keeps at least somewhat possible for guilds that don´t sit on stacked up bountypoints from when the server was full of players.

Return to Realm versus Realm