RvR. This is what's needed...

Talk about your RvR experience here
Andbriwal
Warder

Postby Andbriwal » May 22, 2022 15:51

Due to low server population and the lack of good RvR, this is what I think should be done:-

1. All relics to be reset permanently to their respective realms so that relic raids can no longer take place.
2. This means that no realm will receive bonuses from owning other realms' relics, thereby maintaining the status quo.
3. Non-relic keeps not to be upgradeable, i.e. they can be claimed, but not upgraded beyond the lowest level.
4. Control of Darkness Falls to be timer based for each of the three realms and no longer based on keep ownership. E.g. each realm will get access to DF for say, 3 days in turn, with the usual 15 mins grace period to allow players to enter before their realm loses control.

With no relic raids, no keep upgrading and DF control not based on keep ownership, players will be more encouraged to participate in RvR and open field fights.

I'm saying all of the above partly in jest, but we need something drastic like this to happen if the player base can't be expanded beyond it's currently worryingly low level.
Last edited by Andbriwal on May 22, 2022 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » May 22, 2022 17:18

Hello,

I actually like your ideas.
Df could even be accessible to all at all times.
I would be able to upgrade the keeps, but no more than level 4-6.
I also like the thing about the relics, or you don't give a bonus for the relics.
The only question is who should implement something like this?
Genjiro's last login was on March 8th.
I'm still waiting for the next RvR update that should come, the beginning was already quite good.
The server needs to be made more attractive if it's not already too late.
I myself will stay on Uthgard until the lights go out here.
It is very important to me that the server is preserved, it offers me DAoC the way I love it.

Greetings

Andbriwal
Warder

Postby Andbriwal » May 22, 2022 22:39

Rudra wrote:Hello,

I actually like your ideas.
Df could even be accessible to all at all times.
I would be able to upgrade the keeps, but no more than level 4-6.
I also like the thing about the relics, or you don't give a bonus for the relics.
The only question is who should implement something like this?
Genjiro's last login was on March 8th.
I'm still waiting for the next RvR update that should come, the beginning was already quite good.
The server needs to be made more attractive if it's not already too late.
I myself will stay on Uthgard until the lights go out here.
It is very important to me that the server is preserved, it offers me DAoC the way I love it.

Greetings

I like the idea of DF being accessible by all three realms at all times, but there should be some areas near each realm's entrance where players (especially lower level) are able to farm for seals in safety, at least up to sapphire level without encountering enemy players. Each realm's safety areas would be locked out to enemy realms, but once you proceed past the "safety zone", then it would be like being in the Frontiers, where you could be attacked by players from an enemy realm at any time. Having said that, there would be a need for some sort of in-game mechanism to prevent abuse of the safety zone, i.e. to prevent players from staying close to the safety zone when engaged in RvR and jumping back into it to avoid defeat etc. Maybe a 10-15 minute timer (or whatever) could be activated as soon as a player proceeded beyond the safety zone that prevented them from going back until the time expired?

I agree that Uthgard should be preserved.

Greetings to you also and all others.

JOhnnyFerro
Myrmidon

Postby JOhnnyFerro » May 25, 2022 11:29

I feel what you purpose is a whole new game.

If i wanted to play a freak game I would just go back to live

Hib has potential to compete with a few of the new leaders who joined lately .

It takes time but they have led other realms to victory .

they have already instituted many changes to help new and low level people advance.

This server is suppose to be classic daoc .

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » May 25, 2022 16:01

Hello,
what leaders are you talking about?
Last night's player numbers were very revealing,
after 8 p.m. exactly 3 players.
Nobody wants to assert themselves against 3 or more groups of Albs anymore.
Are you talking about a classic Daoc?
Too many changes that do not correspond to the patch status have already been made for this.
I mainly play animist because these are most noticeable.
We've lost a lot of good, regular players lately.
After consultation with them, they will not come back either.
I think the server can only be saved with a lot of commitment and work.
I prefer suggestions instead of just criticism that leads to nothing.

Greetings

Andbriwal
Warder

Postby Andbriwal » May 25, 2022 19:43

JOhnnyFerro wrote:This server is suppose to be classic daoc .

Classic DAoC counted on dozens of players from all three realms being online at any one time to make classic play viable and rewarding. In that respect, Uthgard cannot currently be deemed as being "Classic" because there just aren't enough players.

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » May 26, 2022 19:55

The only reason for lack of RvR is player attitude. Seems few are willing to try unless they have a CLEAR atavatage and fewer are willing to lead. I dislike leading, few are willing to follow, not that I do much leading if I lead,(I am not a natual leader) we usually discuss in discord what we are doing.

What is needed players who are willing to play the end game. I try not to die, I don't like dieing but it rarely makes me stop. Sorry but I see too many snowflakes online.

Seems to me too many are over concerned with not "feeding" RPs to the enemy. This idea seems false, if players continue to not defend you are actually letting enemies get RPs for PVE with little to zero risk. One could look at it like, if I claim a keep and upgrade gates its like I am making a "event" promoting RVR if I die while defending I am also promoting RVR. Too many times I am the solo hunter trying to get a cheap kill with over 10 mids online. I rarey stop a keep from getting taken but I know if 1 or more others came out these keeps could be defended.

PS. I seen the same on Alb while playing a scout.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » May 26, 2022 20:21

Hello,
the keeps thing happens a lot in Hibernia.
A keep is claimed, doors are raised and no one comes to inc to defend the keeps.
The result is you lose interest in deffing alone or claiming keeps.
The main reason for this, however, is the enormous loss of players in recent months.
Many Hib players are pausing or have left the server (will not come back, but remain loyal to Daoc).
I'm still in contact with a lot of players, but they don't want to come back as long as nothing fundamental changes here.

Greetings

Ensley03
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ensley03 » May 27, 2022 21:38

I bet a lot of people would come back if there was a reset with some good changes and better optimization. For example not having a 4000 player queue, not having huge lag in Albion for the first 2 weeks, and some small QOL improvements. And I'm not saying this as some useless player who quit before 50. I did at least get to 8L7 and have multiple characters, but I'd give that up for a reset with population, even if it only lasts for a few months.

I guess it doesn't really matter though because it will never happen.
Charades <Buds>
#1 pet abuser

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » May 28, 2022 06:20

Hello,
why should a reset help?
I lose everything first and should I start again from where I know that nothing changes/will change?
Leveling up very slowly, no Si again imbalance the realms.
Rather, I think it would lead to more people quitting.
Which GM can/should make these changes?
At the moment only Abydos seems to be active, nothing can be seen from the other staff.
Realistically, nothing fundamental will change on Uthgard.

Greetings

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » May 29, 2022 19:59

Ithiggi wrote:The only reason for lack of RvR is player attitude. Seems few are willing to try unless they have a CLEAR atavatage and fewer are willing to lead.... few are willing to follow... Sorry but I see too many snowflakes online... Seems to me too many are over concerned with not "feeding" RPs to the enemy...

Spot on Mini. Just wanted to highlight some of the gems in your post.

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Jun 01, 2022 20:25

You need to find a GM willing to do it. Some GMs lately tried to fix dragons but still they are not fixed, then they said they wuold introduce RvR tasks, but still no RvR tasks around.
We need someone willing to sell the server and someone willing to buy it, maybe so we can have something done.

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Jun 03, 2022 01:57

Roby5869 wrote:You need to find a GM willing to do it. Some GMs lately tried to fix dragons but still they are not fixed, then they said they wuold introduce RvR tasks, but still no RvR tasks around.
We need someone willing to sell the server and someone willing to buy it, maybe so we can have something done.

They have fixed most of the lag jump - roof top exploits in keeps. Bring drasic back :D

Return to Realm versus Realm