Sir Romu

Talk about your RvR experience here
Filters
Gryphon Knight

Postby Filters » Mar 04, 2022 10:41

Rudra wrote:Hi there,
the situation on the server is not rosy, there is a very strong imbalance. I've seen something like this here before, when the bird was born from the ashes.
It's not good for all sides, brings a lot of unrest to the realms and to the forum.
15:10 Population 7/34 just about enough to kill water bugs at Ardee(sarcasm).
I've only been to Midgard for a short time, I thought it was very nice there and something was done (love to all) RvR and PvE.
I know something like that from Hibernia, but that's not possible at the moment.
Many are taking a break or have switched to other realms, some have stopped altogether, others are afk in keeps and playing other games on the side.
Many are out of breath (including me at the moment).
Fundamental changes to the server cannot be made for 1 or 2 Gm's, but these would be urgently needed.
I hope for everyone that the server recovers and we can all have fun with it for a long time.

PS: I want to be able to get Alb Keeps again with animists :)

Greetings

I can only agree

If Any GM can do something at least that keeps task and couple of fix here and there we can only appreciate !
A teleport in the city also help
If maybe reintrodure new ra like uthg1 i think may people will be beck immediatly aswell !
there are none so deaf as those who will not hear

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Mar 04, 2022 15:12

I cannot believe are are Mid players seriously asking why 3FG zergs with non-50s and majority otherwise below RR4 would want to avoid fights with 2.5FG of mids with far higher RR.

FWIW, despite the 'imbalance' i'd happily trade SOS for a healer (the most broken class in the game)

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Mar 04, 2022 16:52

Allyk123 wrote:I cannot believe are are Mid players seriously asking why 3FG zergs with non-50s and majority otherwise below RR4 would want to avoid fights with 2.5FG of mids with far higher RR.

FWIW, despite the 'imbalance' i'd happily trade SOS for a healer (the most broken class in the game)

Lol nab.
It is what it is.

Filters
Gryphon Knight

Postby Filters » Mar 04, 2022 18:09

Allyk123 wrote:I cannot believe are are Mid players seriously asking why 3FG zergs with non-50s and majority otherwise below RR4 would want to avoid fights with 2.5FG of mids with far higher RR.

Sry to ask, but after all this time, is even possible that all this people dont have a single template char whit some rr to play whit ?
Seriosly ?
I mean for real ?
there are none so deaf as those who will not hear

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Mar 04, 2022 18:28

Funny how all these mids are starting to talk the talk. When they went awol for over 2 years. :bored:
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Mar 05, 2022 20:52

Filters wrote:

Sry to ask, but after all this time, is even possible that all this people dont have a single template char whit some rr to play whit ?
Seriosly ?
I mean for real ?

How can people get high RR when their only opposition is a high RR mid group or unclaimed keep?

Use common sense at least.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Mar 06, 2022 03:15

Allyk123 wrote:
Filters wrote:

Seriosly ?
I mean for real ?

How can people get high RR when their only opposition is a high RR mid group or unclaimed keep?

Use common sense at least.

You don't need high RR to win fights, especially when you have the numbers. Mid currently has some players that are somewhat RvR active, but this is like 2-3 months a year. Albs usually have the numbers, so to say there is always a "high rr mid group" out is just not true, especially cause there are bunch of rank 4 people there, or lower. I really don't care about anyone's playstyle, as I've said before...daoc offers freedom so it is what it is :D.

It's uthgard2, so these things are expected anyway. There is a reason why we have keep trading, keep camping animists and like zero solo action in bonus zones (I don't count killing xpers as solo action). On any normal server that remotely resembles daoc, this would not be the case. Sadly, these other servers are even worse with free rps and endless QoL.
It is what it is.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Mar 06, 2022 10:01

Hi there,

the imbalance was a big problem from the beginning of Daoc.
There was no realm transfer and you had to live with it.
The RR does play a certain role because you simply have more "toys" at your disposal.
I remember very well Flump and his people disassembling 3 fg Hibs, however they weren't well built.
But the way people play is also decisive, you have to break new ground with the existing population or with the imbalance in the realms.
Midgard is very strong at the moment, that's out of the question, but that wasn't the case for a long time.
At the time Hibernia got it, many are frustrated and take a break (like me), play other games (on the side) or stop altogether.
But that should not be the goal, it would be better to have a stable server.
Please remember it is a game and you should have fun and enjoy it. Reproaches and hostilities on the other side are useless, they actually only damage the server.
It is better to make suggestions and then the Gm's decide what can be implemented.

I memorized the sentence of a psychologist:
"Don't try to change others, change your behavior"

Greetings

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Mar 08, 2022 00:36

I also memorized the sentence of a psychopath:
"Zeh differenzh of zhis 4th industrial revolution is, it doesn't change what you are doing, it changes you if you take a genetic editing..."

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Mar 11, 2022 08:51

Hi there,
There is a small difference between a psychologist and a psychopath, even if it is very small.

:twisted: :hammer:

Greetings

Previous

Return to Realm versus Realm