Lack of RPs opportunities

Talk about your RvR experience here
Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Oct 26, 2021 11:05

I'm going to give this game server another week or so but....

There are no viable ways in which I can make RPs to advance my character during the times when I can play.

There really need to be alternative ways to make RPs on this server in order to keep people interested in progressing their characters further. Keeps/RvR are my preference but they are not an option during the times at which I can play. I did join groups to do keeps a few times, but the temporal windows of opportunity are VERY NARROW. Additionally, whenever the Hibs would bring an Animist to keep defense, the group would just retreat and do something else non-RvR. That class really needs to be eliminated. I expect that even those who play on Hib are tired of the class killing off any action that might have been if an Animist was not present.

We desperately need a way in which to gain RPs for PvE-based activities here. Without this, expect the majority of players who make the long xp trek to 50 to quit shortly thereafter with no viable way to continue advancing their character.

I would REALLY like to continue playing here; however, there are A LOT of MMOG options from which to choose today. If something changes here, I will continue staying; otherwise, I will be moving on to something better than this in its current state...

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Oct 26, 2021 16:11

Hibs currently (and for a whiled now) don't own a single keep...

Still hating on the animist.

Makes sense.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Oct 26, 2021 19:13

Hi there,
then please remove the archers (with volley and broken arch system) and the necros (who go in shadow form to the Hiblord and lay down Gt).
Please don't forget the Reaver either. (Sarcasm off).
Just because someone knows how to play their class should they be removed?
I think it's time for a first person shooter.
You do not need to be afraid at the moment there is no Hib wanting to run against the overwhelming power of the Albs.
You can keep raiding empty keeps.
Should it come that there will be Rp for PvE again, even more people will leave the server.

greetings

warlogy
Warder

Postby warlogy » Oct 26, 2021 22:05

I tried to play here recently but after closing in on 50 solo I don't see the point of grinding out a template, after that I will have zero character progression. How can I level up my RR and get new abilities if there are no players to kill? Maybe if they made it easier to get setup and some way to get some RR people who actually do want to play here would have a reason to.

Runny
Guardian

Postby Runny » Oct 28, 2021 03:44

Pretty much the same experience for me in the little while I tried this server.

Got to 50. No point templating as no way to advance my character in Realm Rank during the hours I can play. Therefore, no point going further.

The few times I actually got to play in RvR (if you can call it that) was mostly taking PvE keeps for a number of RPs barely enough to wipe your arse with. And then animists started showing up to defend and everyone retreated and quit which stopped even the toilet paper RPs I was getting.

Won't be coming back to play here unless they implement a means of gaining RPs at a reasonable pace at times I can play and thus actually being able to advance my character.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Oct 28, 2021 08:28

Hi there,
the problem is not the animists (almost only play animists).
The problem is the low pop here on the server.
That’s why you’ll meet animists more often.
In all of Hibernia there are currently a maximum of 4-5 active animists (who are not always online at the same time).
The animist is one of the casters who is the easiest to kill, so I don't understand that crying.
Much depends on the group setup and how people play.

greetings

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Oct 28, 2021 14:47

Are animist OP? No, not in the broad picture. Useful, yes, but in no way OP.

Are animists OP in sieges? Yes, no other class makes such a single big impact in sieges. The difference between there being animists present in sieges, or not, is massive.

Assuming we talk sieges, I'm not really sure why people think animists are easy to kill, compared to other casters. To my knowledge only spiritmasters have special defences.

But it is as it is, 1.65 with the good and bad. And I don't see a problem while hibs are so underrepresented in RvR anyway.
Albion and having fun

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Oct 28, 2021 15:26

Hi there,
Anmisten were op during sieges, this is no longer the case.
Mechanics have been found to disable the animists and render them unusable.
Lately I have been logging out a lot in frustration because I was killed and couldn't do anything.
But don't want to cry, every empire has its strengths and weaknesses.

greetings

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Oct 28, 2021 15:57

I think the dying and not being able to do anything, is a matter of small population.
That would not have been different on another character, maybe apart from archers?
Albion and having fun

Gilded
Myrmidon

Postby Gilded » Oct 29, 2021 02:08

Rudra wrote:Hi there,
Anmisten were op during sieges, this is no longer the case.
Mechanics have been found to disable the animists and render them unusable.
Lately I have been logging out a lot in frustration because I was killed and couldn't do anything.
But don't want to cry, every empire has its strengths and weaknesses.

greetings

You got a few kills two hours ago with 22 shrooms stacked.

Solo.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Oct 29, 2021 07:51

Hi there,
yes, unfortunately I had nothing else to do. Already apologized via Discord.
Actually, I am very happy that Midgard is reviving and that we would have to hold together the Gauls (Midgard and Hibernia) against the Romans (Albion).
Joking aside, I had to wait a long time for the Inc to come and I didn't show me that was my only advantage.
Unfortunately the pop in Hibernia is very low at the moment and there are hardly any people for the Rvr. But I think the condition is unsatisfactory for everyone.
Make the best of it and don't let the fun of the game spoil you (not even from the "bad" animists).

Have fun

Greetings

delabibi
Guardian

Postby delabibi » Oct 29, 2021 16:32

I think you log at the wrong momment, Ask for a room in the EU noon Alb group, its 10 to 20k everyday. no defenders. :idea:

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Oct 29, 2021 17:03

Animists most time put shrooms on same place. So send a pet (sorc, cabby, mins, necm theurg) through the open door for checking shrooms. Same with stealther (inf, mins) or nec as shade. Not easy but solvable. I have more a problem with animists where putting shroms on battlements or in windows for killing lord. But this topic is chewed out and GMs not willing or able to solve it regardless of consequences in rvr.

@topic - no rps for pve. keeps are enough.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Oct 29, 2021 19:10

Hi there,
We all have a problem with the fact that the arch system is bugy (walls and ceilings are ignored) or the Necro can run in shadow form to the lord (in the Hib Keep) to put Gt, nobody talks about that.
Therefore it will not happen in the near future that anyone defends a keep.
You complain that an animist can put shrooms on battlements or in windows?
There haven't been any animists doing this lately.
I think a lot of people are doing Pve or farming right now, as this is more productive than being overrun in RvR.
In every realm there are casters and also the archers who can move your Gt.
What a miracle for the animist the range for a gt is only 1000 as is the range of the shrooms and he needs go.
You played an animist yourself, simply putting the shrooms somewhere doesn’t bring anything.

greetings

I also think that the pointless discussion about a class is more likely to put people off than to lure them onto the server.

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Nov 22, 2021 08:11

go out in the frontiers, and stop leveling your 30th alt in pve zones as well as your 10th legendary crafter.....then maybe, maybe...u will have the opportunity to obtain arpeez :roll: 8)
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

Next

Return to Realm versus Realm