Maybe stop farming XPers

Talk about your RvR experience here
joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Sep 18, 2021 21:33

Look, I know, I'm a red-is-dead type of player, but the pop on this server is seriously low, and while the XP event helps tremendously, it's still pretty slow going with few groups to speak of, soooo, maybe don't demoralize people from leveling by taking your trios or whatever or high level toons to kill XPers? If you want action, it's really self-defeating.

(Don't need to name names because, well, it just seems to be what most people are doing.)
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Sep 19, 2021 00:34

Are you the mid with Meth in the name? Sorry for killing you over and over, just bad luck, we were looking for Invader spawns not XPer. I asked my group not to kill you again and again but can't control other players who feel like all enemies should be dead on sight. Also the name Meth.... kinda need to get meth out of the neighborhood or you end up with a bunch of junkies :-P

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Sep 19, 2021 05:24

Ebbie wrote:Are you the mid with Meth in the name? Sorry for killing you over and over, just bad luck, we were looking for Invader spawns not XPer. I asked my group not to kill you again and again but can't control other players who feel like all enemies should be dead on sight. Also the name Meth.... kinda need to get meth out of the neighborhood or you end up with a bunch of junkies :-P

I promise I'm not addictive! :p

But yes, that was me, and I do appreciate you trying then. It did seem like the last time all but the Luri hero were about to ignore me. In any case, while frustrating, it's not enough for me personally to rage quit (just rage post I suppose), but I wouldn't be surprised if other returning players did rage quit after encounters like that.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Sep 19, 2021 07:24

I get it, who really enjoys wasting their time running out just to get killed.

Take a little solace in the knowledge that we spent 3-4 hours looking for invader spawns in midgard and found only 1. We wasted a ton of time in what amounted to feeling like we were being punished or tortured. :) We then got ran over by a fg albs 2x in alb/hib, guess we had it coming.

Nice work hanging in there though and not giving up!

legaleagle
Guardian

Postby legaleagle » Sep 22, 2021 19:42

Couldn't agree more. We are trying to get 50 and temped, ran out into the frontier on some mid-40s untempted toons to XP and saw a close to FG of Albs. They SoS'ed on INC!!! LOL.

There is a real opportunity here for the server to get some good pop to fill the DAOC void right now, but the community has to help too.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Sep 23, 2021 00:01

I agree with you legal, its was the dopple madness that got to me. Sorry for the luri heros bad behavior. SoS on inc is a little overkill against a new group imo. Some advice would be always team up and play with your group. Work on finishing up to 50, the dragon zone is good for xp items and loot. Gathering template items can be difficult but for a budget pre rr5 template is can be done. Help each other out with that, df diamond seals, epics, wretches of winter in raum. Mix in a few invader/dopple kills while anon(guard against vpn spies) in frontiers, with about 10 of those you can get longwind 1 and purge on everyone in your team and be alot better off. Excited to have new mids to fight against with courage and determination. GL HF :twisted:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Return to Realm versus Realm