Guide to Siege Rams (For the Hibs)

Talk about your RvR experience here
Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Jul 27, 2021 12:02

Reports from Hibernia have reached our Albion shores that your Siege Masters have been taken ill
oO and are unable to teach their siege crafts to the population of Hibernia.

Hibernians are now clumsily taking keeps by sending in pets with damage shields or by placing hurb producing fungi in the windows of the Lord room, making the Keep Lords sleepy and intoxicated, which in turn makes them surrender the keep without granting full realm points.

So I have taken it upon myself to write this Siege Ram guide to educate our enemies on how to properly Place and Use Siege rams at Keeps as it was intended.

Facts:
You need to be a crafter (Tailor / Fletcher / ArmorCrafter / WeaponCrafter) to be able to build a ram.
Try Grey out the Siege Ram so you do not fail on the build.
You need to have all 3 crafting tool on you to build the ram.
Further you need 1 Iron Ram Beak / 1 Iron Cladding / 2x Tanned Swing Harness / 300 Ironwood
These you can buy at a Siege Merchant.

The Actual Building of a Siege Ram.
Stand very Close to the Door and select the door and start building the ram.
If you are too close to the door you will get a message.
Step away a bit of the door and try again. Rinse and Repeat till you start building

Once the Ram has been build. Select the door and Press the Aim button. (The ram starts aiming.)
Once Aimed, you must Arm and once armed, you must Swing the Siege ram.. (Rinse and Repeat till the door is down)

Now here is the interesting part.
Breaking doors gives Xtra ream points when you take the keep! 8O
Even better if the realm owners of the keep have upgraded the doors. you get even more realm points.
So taking down the doors is a smart thing to do as you will gain more realm points and you will be even stronger faster. 8)

And I think everybody knows what the opposite of smart is.........

Your Realm enemy and all over nice guy. :-P

Gremon

aka Esani / Prevail / Vanisher / Duriel / TheGremReaver and many more..
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Jul 27, 2021 17:58

Hello,

The albs do it with mass, the hibs with class.

Great Rudra

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jul 27, 2021 20:59

Rudra wrote:Hello,

Great Rudra

LOS abuse is now called class? What a change in the times....

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Jul 27, 2021 21:29

Allyk123 wrote:

Great Rudra

I can play as I want as long as I don't break any rules. It doesn't matter whether I raid a keep with 1 man or with 30, the main thing is that I have fun with it. You only need to change the kingdom and you can play an animist and see what he can and cannot do.
Only people should have a say who know what they are talking about.

greetings Irela / Partymonster

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Jul 27, 2021 22:40

maybe he meant to say...albs do it in mass, and hibs do it with, A, class. 8)

I enjoy the humor Grem. :lol:

Last week I watched a 6 man hib group take 30 minutes to figure out how to divide a second ram between their casters/support since we all can't be RR6+ with lifter 3+ :oops: :) :idea: If only there were more fights between keeps instead of just keeps :idea:

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jul 28, 2021 00:27

Rudra wrote:
Allyk123 wrote:

Great Rudra

I can play as I want as long as I don't break any rules. It doesn't matter whether I raid a keep with 1 man or with 30, the main thing is that I have fun with it. You only need to change the kingdom and you can play an animist and see what he can and cannot do.
Only people should have a say who know what they are talking about.

greetings Irela / Partymonster

I choose to respect people by playing the game fairly. Especially at a time when so many are coming back to the server. LOS abuse is one step below the C word. I think you already know that though.

Cheers.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Jul 28, 2021 07:22

An alleged misuse of Los has been reported to Abbydos and checked several times.
Had this been the case, the aninists would have already been warned or banned.
So stop saying things like that that are completely devoid of basics.
Or do you deny the Gm's their competence?

Greetings Rudra / Irela / Partymonster

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jul 28, 2021 08:38

Rudra wrote:An alleged misuse of Los has been reported to Abbydos and checked several times.
Had this been the case, the aninists would have already been warned or banned.
So stop saying things like that that are completely devoid of basics.
Or do you deny the Gm's their competence?

The game was not designed for Animists to kill a Lord by not looming at him, let alone not entering a keep. NF (as much as I despise it) was brought in because of lazy live devs who knew these issues existed and did 't want to fix it.

I said it before and I say it again, LOS abuse by shrooming windows is one step below the C word.... but above all shows contempt for people who are trying to play the game fairly. The contempt being shown is not helping the revival of the server.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Jul 28, 2021 16:44

It's just like I thought you would be.

A tip from me:
Open your own DaOC server and ban all classes that you don't want on it.

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jul 28, 2021 16:59

Rudra wrote:It's just like I thought you would be.

A tip from me:
Open your own DaOC server and ban all classes that you don't want on it.

Heres an even better tip:

Play the game the way it is meant to be played and stop ruining it for those who who are.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Jul 28, 2021 17:28

You want to tell people how to play?
Next, at what times or which classes or which RR they are only allowed to achieve?
You are neither the developer of the game nor a GM.
I don't care about Rp, I just want to get the most out of my characters.
We hardly get people together for RvR, so we can't tell you that you are not allowed to do Rvr or that you should play something else.
It is the way it is and hardly anything will change about it.

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jul 28, 2021 18:10

Rudra wrote:You want to tell people how to play?
Next, at what times or which classes or which RR they are only allowed to achieve?
You are neither the developer of the game nor a GM.
I don't care about Rp, I just want to get the most out of my characters.
We hardly get people together for RvR, so we can't tell you that you are not allowed to do Rvr or that you should play something else.
It is the way it is and hardly anything will change about it.

It someone is abusing LOS? Then yes. Any time, any class, any RR can take a keep the way they have been designed as far as i'm concerned. That is what ai enjoy in this game.

I don't need to be a GM or a developer to highlight a known issue since 2003. Nor do
i need to be to cal people out for doing it.

It's a bit of a contradiction. You abuse LOS to take a keep but you don't do it for RP's? Are you that poor that you cannot afford two rams and enjoy doing it the real (fair) way?

Spare me the 'cant get enough people' excuse. You've had 2 FG most days this week including 3 animists at least.

As i said before, this is a time when people will be looking at Uthgard and deciding whether to invest more time here. That is a fact given numbers seen. Abusing the same issues that seen them leave the server is counter productive to everyone.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Jul 28, 2021 18:21

Allyk123 wrote:Heres an even better tip:

Play the game the way it is meant to be played and stop ruining it for those who who are.

I'm curious how Animist shrooms killing a lord to take a keep ruins the game for you?

I also fail to see the LOS issue. Shrooms can see the lord when placed on the window ledge. Animist can see their ground target dot on the ledge. Now if you are talking about Volley going through ceilings, that is a true LOS issue. Volley should fail if you are under cover / in a room.

Back to shrooms, even if that was not the case all realms can use a focus shield pet to take Alb & Mid keeps as the lord is located too low and attacks targets in the back of the keep. Much like the 3 keeps that can be ninja'd with climbers, doors only need to be broken on Hib keeps (minus Crim and Crau). Pretty much the only well designed keeps in regards to Lord height placement / AI.

Not everyone wants to break doors, every keep, even for the extra RP incentive. I would argue more players are not playing here because the current meta revolves too much around keep takes/defense.

Play the game the way it is meant to be played is extremely subjective. As is ruining the fun for other players.

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jul 28, 2021 18:53

Ebbie wrote:
Allyk123 wrote:Heres an even better tip:

I'm curious how Animist shrooms killing a lord to take a keep ruins the game for you?

I also fail to see the LOS issue. Shrooms can see the lord when placed on the window ledge. Animist can see their ground target dot on the ledge. Now if you are talking about Volley going through ceilings, that is a true LOS issue. Volley should fail if you are under cover / in a room.

Back to shrooms, even if that was not the case all realms can use a focus shield pet to take Alb & Mid keeps as the lord is located too low and attacks targets in the back of the keep. Much like the 3 keeps that can be ninja'd with climbers, doors only need to be broken on Hib keeps (minus Crim and Crau). Pretty much the only well designed keeps in regards to Lord height placement / AI.

Not everyone wants to break doors, every keep, even for the extra RP incentive. I would argue more players are not playing here because the current meta revolves too much around keep takes/defense.

Play the game the way it is meant to be played is extremely subjective. As is ruining the fun for other players.

Because a keep take should be done by knocking down two doors and killing NPC defenders and / or players.... or by being clever with a team of stealth's if it's a traditional keep. I digress.

LOS abuse is when you are deliberately manipulating terrain to get an unfair advantage. Killing a Lord who cannot kill you is the very definition of abuse.

If (and let me stress IF, since i've never seen it on Alb or Mid) a similar tactic was used to take a keep then I would be calling it out the same way.

If you are not playing RVR to take keeps then that's fine and your prerogative entirely. That does not make it a valid excuse to abuse LOS however.

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Jul 28, 2021 20:19

Nothings going to change, so what can you do about it? Here's some ideas.

- Claim the keeps and make them level 3+ which then requires hibs have 2+ animists, rather than 1 who's just bored. Lvl 6+ requires 3 animists most likely.
- Kill the animist when you see him doing it.. it's literally free rp. Camp the mile gate after so he can't return.
- Create action. Certain hibs do it because they are bored. They are tired of albs dodging around. It goes like this. Take ailinne. Take arvark. Take Scath. Take Fens.
- When albs are 4fg, take a risk and fight the 1fg defenders rather than running away to an empty keep or waiting to try to get a jump on them. It's just as lame as hibs using animists to take a keep.

Next

Return to Realm versus Realm