Guide to Siege Rams (For the Hibs)

Talk about your RvR experience here
Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jul 30, 2021 11:49

fremster wrote:
Allyk123 wrote:
Pendalith wrote:Abydos is aware of this method and has the ability to move the lord to the roof if it was a cheat or los exploit, he has not issued any warnings ect on the issue. I personally have been on both sides of this argument and i understand the reasons at hand. When we have similar numbers dont hide in a keep, lets open field. And if you really want to defend a keep might i suggest a hib keep because of window reasons. oO

A reasonable argument at last. It's nice to see someone who can understand this issue. My thoughts on moving the lord are the same although i'm sure this was an issue because of the coding. I'd be all for it if it were to ever be proposed again.

Moving the lord is just one of many solutions suggested (even by Hibs), but as there has been no action or official notice on the matter, it is deemed to be working as intended.

Or because they:

A) cannot do it (the default position of Mythic cira 2003)

B) not enough staff / interest to make changes.

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Jul 30, 2021 13:44

Allyk123 wrote:Or because they:

Abydos had no issues removing the dragons, so I don't see why he would with moving the lord up a level.

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jul 30, 2021 14:36

fremster wrote:

Abydos had no issues removing the dragons, so I don't see why he would with moving the lord up a level.

OF keeps were un-touchable. Pathing, terrain around and including keeps were unable to be changed as simply saying it / doing it. Given the pathing of lords in mid/hib keeps have been bugged for over a year now I'm not holding my breath on any changes.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Jul 30, 2021 17:39

Allyk123 wrote:
fremster wrote:

OF keeps were un-touchable. Pathing, terrain around and including keeps were unable to be changed as simply saying it / doing it. Given the pathing of lords in mid/hib keeps have been bugged for over a year now I'm not holding my breath on any changes.

Since you feel that change via coding is unlikely. You only have one option: Adapt.

Asking other players to change how they are playing is a non starter. Complaining about what you dislike in a competitive PVP game is almost guaranteeing that it will happen more as some players enjoy making other players rage. (Not me, I only troll in the forums :-P )

But since we are asking for unrealistic things from other players:
A) Please stop killing XPers in the FZ. It is ruining the server for new/returning players trying to level up and have fun here.
B) Please stop defending keeps, new / returning players need RPs to catch up to all these high RR players.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Jul 30, 2021 20:15

Much of this is a homemade problem and could very easily be changed.
Let's take the dragons (which are no longer there) that the animists are supposed to be to blame for disappearing.
I played live for many years and I still remember very well that the dragon was not tied to the hoard.
He drew his circles in the Sheeros, so a kill with animists would not be possible.
The keeps were adjusted with NF and I can only agree with Ebbie, Frem and Antiks.

Previous

Return to Realm versus Realm