Maybe RvR / Keep / Guard Task

Talk about your RvR experience here
Deadly
Warder

Postby Deadly » Jul 08, 2021 21:38

Hey everyone,

since there is not really rvr here at the moment, would it be possible to implement a few Tasks in the server?
Guard / Keep / RvR task so that it is even possible to think of rvr with the small population ?

On Uthgard 1 there were also tasks (group task / solo task) :D .

a small example would be if one were to make a rp classification according to RR,
maybe like this

RR1 = 1000
RR2 = 900
RR3 = 800
RR4 = 700
RR5 = 600
RR1 = 750
RR2 = 675
RR3 = 600
RR4 = 525
RR5 = 450
or something like this

let's see what will happen :hammer:

Deadly

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jul 09, 2021 19:34

Genjiro started those missions long time ago but I think all development in this server stopped, who knows if they will come back to work. Some literature about the topic:
https://www.google.com/search?q=uthgard+rvr+missions+site:www.uthgard.net&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjmwLe8wdbxAhUBx4UKHZeVBhkQrQIoBHoECAcQBQ&biw=1920&bih=921
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Jul 30, 2021 03:23

It would be great ! But its been stated not at this time. I believe it would go a long way to help retain players on this server! Also keep door upgrade/repair rps. Good luck Have Fun. :hammer:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Aug 18, 2021 22:54

Or just formally turn this into a PvE Co-op server since most people only come here for the PvE anyway since there is absolutely no point in even trying to compete against the Hibs with all the base bullshit they get in addition to the already existent extreme high RR groups they have running.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Sep 03, 2021 21:08

Kayd stop trolling with ya run on sentence BS :hammer: PvE on this server already makes all the "super good" people stop playing , no hand holding here :D
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Sep 04, 2021 04:35

Your sentence contains a non-sequitur logical fallacy. If all the "super good" people have already quit, then why not go full PvE mode?

Before you post, people like you need to take a moment to stop and actually think about what you are saying before you say it.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Sep 05, 2021 10:34

Ilerget wrote:Genjiro started those missions long time ago but I think all development in this server stopped, who knows if they will come back to work. Some literature about the topic:
https://www.google.com/search?q=uthgard+rvr+missions+site:www.uthgard.net&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjmwLe8wdbxAhUBx4UKHZeVBhkQrQIoBHoECAcQBQ&biw=1920&bih=921

I know. Sorry. Hopefully I can continue soon.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Sep 14, 2021 03:23

O wow does this mean it is actually on the table , all hail genjiro master of the universe !! Thank youuuuuuu :D

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Sep 14, 2021 16:01

This would be a nice addition sooner rather than later to give returning players a reason to stay in the frontier long enough to find fights. It seems that a decent number are back and leveling, but they'll probably find that even with the increased population, there are still very few 50s actively RvRing. Getting to 50 on a new toon and then hopping into RvR only to find that it's still pretty dead will probably be a big negative for many of them.

That said, I'm sure this takes a lot of (voluntary) time and effort that might go to waste anyway if it's not enough to entice people to stick around even after another freeshard opens, so I wouldn't blame Genjiro for not prioritizing this.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Norselaw
Warder

Postby Norselaw » Sep 17, 2021 03:56

Some of the most fun times I've had on any daoc server was when we had capturable objectives in Old Frontiers. It created hotspots to find fights and was just good for the game in my opinion. I believe one of the original ideas for the official Daoc Origins project included capturable objectives that encouraged players of all levels to venture into the frontier. Would love to see something like this on Uth.

Cheers!

Return to Realm versus Realm