RvR Lately (NA TIME)

Talk about your RvR experience here
Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Dec 06, 2020 19:17

Oh i know that story. The Moral is = Thursday night Hibs valued rps/kills > holding relics.

The hibs that evening didn't want the relics Frem. There were 3 defenders during the 3 hours we were breaking the doors down. At any point during those last 2 hours (1 per door), those defenders could have shut the inner door, which was opened in the 1st hour. They preferred to get kills and rps instead of keeping the relics. The albs stayed up hours longer then most of us play because the door stayed open and we felt like we had a good chance of success. Honestly the animist could have gone to leps and farmed enough staffs to shut the door and come back before we broke the last door and sos'd in. We would have quit if that door was closed, we can't stay up all night, and you know we are happy to abandon a lost cause.

I don't see why you think it was an unfair relic capture. It was the appropriate strategy to use for the situation. Palintone/archer doors when there are 0 or few defenders is SOP on Uth and was invented (most used) by the Hibs. There are no play nice rules that says players need to take every keep, kill every guard, or enemy present before capturing a relic. There are no play nice rules at all... Every realm can use some form of strategy to negate / pull guards away from the relic while another group goes in to capture.

I've done it on Hib with shroom stacks ,which btw completely break purple Npcs. [[[2x Ani ~ 50 shrooms] + 2 PBAEbombers]] + 2Heals/buffs and a puller]= dead guards. 1 group can take relics with no keeps taken on hib. No other realm can break purple mobs encounters like 2-3 well played animists can. I think you might have been playing one of those animists for that relic take, it worked out well, we took all 3 that day. Lack of defenders opens up successful possibilities for the attacker, even when all purple guards are present.

I get it, you feel like SOS is the most broken overpowered ability in this game, but this is an imbalanced game and really the only realm that should be complaining about not getting an imbalanced ability is Midgard. They have nothing to cheese through encounters (player or npc), that should be more challenging, like SOS or shrooms do when used correctly.

Just because Albion can have a minstrel with sos in a group, it doesn't mean that they will have it up/use it at the right time, or that the rest of the group will react correctly to being sos'd in a rvr fight.

Let go of the SOS hate. Go play your mid or alb characters for a couple days/weeks and experience the Shroom hate, volley bug hate, population imbalance, other imbalance hate, and come back to me to discuss imbalance in this game. Hib is not the red-headed stepchild it once was.

Here is the true moral for this server at this time: Most players don't want to play in an empty / losing realm. Eventually players no longer want to play in the realm everyone is on, because there is no one to play against.

Please fix this for us, in our Forum Paper daoc.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Dec 16, 2020 22:30

All 7 keeps hib, 6 of them claimed. No problem getting the relic. :lol:

And no, 2 animist + some pboa wont be enough. Even 2fg will have a problem with 1 purple guard. Nevermind 7.

Edit: It's actually less, depending on how many relics a realm has.
Last edited by Satiah on Dec 17, 2020 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Dec 17, 2020 00:02

Yes, I have done it with 1fg hib. I think we had 1 or 2 in a 2nd group as insurance for rezzing. We took all 3 power relics from Alb with this setup. No keeps were captured by hib, all owned by Alb with most claimed and upgraded. I know that you are fully aware how to break the hit cap on purple mobs with pet spam (shrooms or theurgs). Keep/relic guards are no exception. Once the hit cap is broken bombers do full dmg. You don't pull all at once, but bring in a few of the purple guards at a time so as not to overwhelm your healers / bombers. Ani's keep casting lvl 5 shrooms, bombers' bomb , healers spam group heal, tanks guard bombers and slam guards. I played a warden with red pbt for this setup. Once Mid takes some relics we can try it out with the right group makeup :)

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Dec 17, 2020 01:24

Ebbie wrote:Yes, I have done it with 1fg hib. I think we had 1 or 2 in a 2nd group as insurance for rezzing. We took all 3 power relics from Alb with this setup. No keeps were captured by hib, all owned by Alb with most claimed and upgraded. I know that you are fully aware how to break the hit cap on purple mobs with pet spam (shrooms or theurgs). Keep/relic guards are no exception. Once the hit cap is broken bombers do full dmg. You don't pull all at once, but bring in a few of the purple guards at a time so as not to overwhelm your healers / bombers. Ani's keep casting lvl 5 shrooms, bombers' bomb , healers spam group heal, tanks guard bombers and slam guards. I played a warden with red pbt for this setup. Once Mid takes some relics we can try it out with the right group makeup :)

Respawn and power problems. I've done it dozen of times myself, it's not that simple and it's not doable with just 1fg.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Dec 17, 2020 02:27

I'll agree you need 9-10 players, not 2fg as Hibernia. I disagree about it not being that simple, it certainly is that simple when you have team players that get in voice, play the right class, and 0 defenders.

When we took the relics as Albs it took 12 of us over a 3 hour time span with each of us bringing 2-3 alts each to Lamp. SOS + BOF doesn't = guaranteed win. Planning and execution by over a full group of us in voice was what made it happen, and of course Hibs not closing a single door over 3 hours of siege. We even had to go back to get more Paintones for the last door.

Either way who cares. This server has around 50 people playing here. None of the realms are populated with dedicated RVR players 24/7, so there are opportunities for keep taking and relic taking during off hours with 0 defenders. The relics went back to hib a week later, and could have sooner if the hibs really wanted them.

I don't understand why people get so upset about the way this server is. 1.65 is inherently a patch level with OP/broken abilities and classes, which is why this server is fun. People like to play over powered classes with over powered / broken abilities.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Dec 17, 2020 03:03

Not upset at all. Just find it funny you're complaining about animists while albs don't even need to take keeps to get relics. It's all fine though, you never defend them anyways.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Dec 17, 2020 03:12

I'm not complaining either. I was merely pointing out the fact that there are strategies that realms can use to take relics with out taking keeps. It is much easier for Albs and Hibs to do so, while Mids need to get very creative or bring a ton of people. The complaining was being done by another poster who felt the relic capture was unfair.

You are correct, I find no enjoyment out of defending keeps. I rather let the players on other realms have the keep rps. it makes people happy and want to continue playing here.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Dec 17, 2020 09:56

Yeah pve'ing keeps (and relics) is more fun then playing with or against eachother.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Dec 17, 2020 19:58

Satiah wrote:Yeah pve'ing keeps (and relics) is more fun then playing with or against eachother.

You'd think with how few people still play this server you guys would just set up fights in discord. Pretty easy and a lot more fun than the random 5v3 fight that happens once every 2 hours here lol

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Dec 17, 2020 20:28

albeyond wrote:
Satiah wrote:Yeah pve'ing keeps (and relics) is more fun then playing with or against eachother.

You'd think with how few people still play this server you guys would just set up fights in discord. Pretty easy and a lot more fun than the random 5v3 fight that happens once every 2 hours here lol

I'm with you on this one Albeyond! I have tried multiple times, over the last year, to setup fights with the people that say they 'want fights'. Just a zone and timeframe, but this has consistently come up against resistance, usually for reasons why players don't want to lose. Examples: Players will just Zerg. Players will use overpowered RAs and GG. Players will only show up every 30min when their timers are up. Players will not respect 8v8 3v3 1v1 etc. All of these are true possibilites.

I have come to the conclusion that most players on this server don't really want competitive fights with other players where the chance to win/lose is not predetermined. If the perceived chance to lose a fight is to high, they want no part of fighting. I believe this to also be the reason some players prefer to 'defend' keeps, vs roaming or camping choke points like Mile gates and Boarder keeps. When players have the support of npc guards and walls to hide behind players have more confidence in their perceived chance to win a fight.

So in conclusion:
Yes, PVE'ing keeps and relics is indeed more fun then playing with players that don't really want to fight or play with you. Chasing other players around the FZ for hours on end just to try and catch them on a keep to Jam them, usually resuslting in them logging out, is the most boring thing I have experienced on this server. I"ll stick with PVE its more entertaining and more worth my time.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Dec 18, 2020 12:29

Good points overall Ebbie.

I would very much like some competative rvr, but there's one elephant in the room and it's sos. There are way's to counter it (run a tank group for example), but seeing as the population on Hib is so low, we don't get to choose our classes. Not saying we don't try to go out and rvr, but the insta win button gets annoying after a whiled.

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Dec 18, 2020 19:14

Satiah wrote:Good points overall Ebbie.

I would very much like some competative rvr, but there's one elephant in the room and it's sos. There are way's to counter it (run a tank group for example), but seeing as the population on Hib is so low, we don't get to choose our classes. Not saying we don't try to go out and rvr, but the insta win button gets annoying after a whiled.

Lol, are you serious? Every realm has his own "win buttons". SoS is a very viable RA but not really so big as you intend to present it.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Dec 18, 2020 20:07

Roby5869 wrote:
Satiah wrote:Good points overall Ebbie.

Lol, are you serious? Every realm has his own "win buttons". SoS is a very viable RA but not really so big as you intend to present it.

It is. Albs will take an arms (for that snare), sos and take down any squishy target while the sos lasts. Or just go down on the support. Meanwhiled the theurg is freecasting all his pets. There is no way to counter it, unless you run a tank setup (but bof). It's like you push with a kite group, the battle is over already.

For keeps it's just a get in freeby.

For relic keeps, combined with bof it means you just need to open the doors. Which you can do that from a distance with palintones. Nevermind having to deal with guards.

Teri
Warder

Postby Teri » Dec 19, 2020 02:19

No way to counter it ?

sos 1.65 :

You can move with sos speed no matter what happens.
If you get mezzed, you can still move with speed sos, but you remain mezzed (can't take any action beside moving)
If you get stun, you can still move with speed sos, but you remain stunned (can't take any action beside moving)
If you hit someone, or cast something you can still move with speed sos.

If you take root, ichor, snare etc, you just ignore it, since you can move with sos speed.

If you are already mezzed/stunned before sos use, you can still enjoy the sos if you are in range (still mezzed/stunned but can move sos speed).
If you benefit from sos effect before sos use, you can still get mezzed or stun and will still be able to move sos speed.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=42493

So there are some ways. More ways than to fight 20 shrooms

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Dec 19, 2020 20:09

I agree with Teri and Roby on some points. There are ways to mitigate SOS, along with all RAs/classes. Also every realm has some very nice I win buttons to use. Will every group/player be able to capitalize on them effectively every time out? Probably not.

Satiah, I think the real elephants in the room for most problems on this server are population and set groups. There are not enough people in any given realm/time zone to have more than 1 cohesive group going at any given time. This puts everyone else at a huge disadvantage during those times. Compound the problem when the most competitive players all play on the same realm.

Everyone should really consider trying out the other realms for a little bit if you haven't already. Get to know your Uthgard community as a whole from both friend and foe perspective. Get to know the other realms classes strengths and weaknesses. Change it up for the new year.

#ItsAGame2021

Previous

Return to Realm versus Realm