Romu, Huribaby, Vanisher

Talk about your RvR experience here
fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Sep 03, 2020 15:23

A question to the 3 shepherds of Alb,

Is it fun dodging 8 Hibs and taking level 1 keeps with 22 albs?

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Sep 05, 2020 18:28

I approve of this Monty Python GIF and it's very appropriate caption.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Sep 11, 2020 08:21

stop crit shotting me pls , troll screams bad :lol:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Malinus
Warder

Postby Malinus » Sep 14, 2020 10:23

up!

Can we add some Mid name at that list? Actually mid 10 man running away when solo animist winthout speed can go inside keep untill they guys are pro busy to mellee the gates!

Or hit DC 8 man, let 4 man free comming inside keep and pull back, not even abble to try any fight next to keep, 2 healer 2 shaman tank/skald Sup Runy when we have only one bard, 1 hero 1 ranger 1 animist 1 elederich 49...

This game is going to becomes a real Circus/Zoo, with player scarred.
Mid say : If we win 5 fight 8 v 4 and die one time, just log out... If they are any defender inside keep, just run away...

Is it players training for the 100 meter sprint at the next Olympics Games?

So that's for sure, we will necessarily have Uthgard on the podium !!!

If you guys are scared to Fight or to die, Probably that game is not for you...

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Sep 14, 2020 22:41

Yes i am training the 100 meter sprint so i don't become a fat troll. I want to remain a fit troll. Stay safe, god bless :D
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Malinus
Warder

Postby Malinus » Sep 15, 2020 06:02

We had good fight Tonight, Thank mid to stop that stupid dodge when in true number make you win 4/5 fight.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Sep 15, 2020 08:40

in keep fights with rangers + animists you have the ideal tools to fight way bigger numbers than yours, don't complain if enemies go away when there is few to no chance to win the fight
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Sep 15, 2020 14:33

Ilerget wrote:in keep fights with rangers + animists you have the ideal tools to fight way bigger numbers than yours, don't complain if enemies go away when there is few to no chance to win the fight

It is actually rare that hibs have animists and rangers in keeps. Believe it or not, we prefer to make a visible group and try roam around if we have a few people on. However when we are sometimes 2-3 people vs 25 albs, there is little we can do other than play rangers and/or animists.

Hib have not had more than 1fg roaming in a long time, so i would like to hear how we try encounter 2-3 FG albs on stick in the open. (Btw, if albs did not have SOS then it would not be an issue).

The sad thing is, that Albs are terrified by seeing a ranger or animist in a keep, and they will often run away without even trying. I have shot Romu from the relic keep before as a solo ranger, and his entire zerg ran away.

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Sep 15, 2020 17:17

fremster wrote:
Ilerget wrote:as a solo ranger, and his entire zerg ran away.

Weren't there 2-3 other solo rangers there?

All sides run away or log out when there is no chance to win.

If a solo ranger or animist is in a keep albs usually don't run away. or even when there are 2 -3 hibs.
But at high level keeps 8+ and you have 2 rangers shooting on you yes we run.
We would all die with your 1000+ damage arrows coming at us. And we don't like that.. same as you wouldn't...
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

Malinus
Warder

Postby Malinus » Sep 16, 2020 06:29

Sorry , but DAOC is what kind of game for you? Keeptake Simulator? Or Realm versus Realm?

If you run 18/24 guys zerg with 2 SOS GRP and other realm have only 4/7 man to try anything what do you expect?

That we openfield you? or better stand afk ATK Emain, so it will not hard to you to kill us...

For Mid running 12/15 man by night when 3 alb 3 hib online, avoiding especially all inc until they have almost 2 fg
because i know some people who play mid, they are log in earlier but wait 4 AM to show themself.

Ran away solo animist abble to go inside keep while they mellee the gate...

Yes ofc we are 3/4 max, what do you expect again? That we roll bard/champion/druid/elderich and try any openfield?

You all come attack hib frontier, you are the agressor here!!! and all outnumber...

@Huriburi i know you try some openfield and sometimes try come back even no SOS pop, but it's weighty that 80% it's dodge take keep another realm or hide 30 min untill SOS pop...

If hib had to hide 30 min cause group purge is down you will think it's normal? No we come back
Last edited by Malinus on Sep 16, 2020 08:32, edited 1 time in total.

Malinus
Warder

Postby Malinus » Sep 16, 2020 06:30

Try to be fair, you don't propose another gameplay, we have no other resources...

Your choose

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Sep 16, 2020 12:42

fremster wrote:Believe it or not, we prefer to make a visible group and try roam around if we have a few people on.

Visible stealthed rangers?

fremster wrote:Btw, if albs did not have SOS then it would not be an issue.

If you guys wouldn't use tangler shrooms we would not use SOS. (This is a useless comment. RvR is about acting and counteracting. you use Shrooms.. we use SoS)

You don't hear us moan about insta mezz. insta amnesia, group purge. Stop moaning about SoS.

fremster wrote:The sad thing is, that Albs are terrified by seeing a ranger or animist in a keep, and they will often run away without even trying.

And you guys jump over the wall without even trying to defend.
You say petato I say petato

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Sep 16, 2020 13:10

Gremon wrote:RvR is about acting and counteracting.

Why are Albs crying about animist taking keeps then... go find a counter

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Sep 16, 2020 13:48

fremster wrote:
Gremon wrote:RvR is about acting and counteracting.

Why are Albs crying about animist taking keeps then... go find a counter

We will retake gaining 450 rps each, whilst you gain only 150 rps each.
No counter needed.

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Sep 16, 2020 14:06

Im impressed to see albs managed to get high level keeps with just 18-19 players against a group hibs, running 3-4 archers and an animist plus strength relics in their back. Bolg was undefended because hibs decided to waste time to upgrade the DC door to 5+ after albs had to pull off, to catch up romu and some other guys that died inside DC. And it is hibs fault to leave the bolg doors that low, plus you had the opportunity to send a bard or sneak, to check where they went. DC was defended and still taken by albs... i didn't expect that outcome, since you had 3-4 archers with relics. Hibs are clearly in advantage at those high level keeps, even 2 archers would probably get 18 albs in trouble and they would have to pull off. So yeah, have to give credit to albs... well done.

@Malinus
Malinus wrote:Sorry , but DAOC is what kind of game for you? Keeptake Simulator? Or Realm versus Realm?

You should be the last guy to complain about "dodging", since you and the mids arround you (like Neosopranx and others) invented this doding game with level 4 keeptrading back then. You even complained at the forum, about a single guy defending the keeps... it would hurt the server at this low population state if someone is defending keeps. :lol:
You called me "defender of the useless" in your QQ thread and claimed it would lower the RP income of all Realms, just ridiculous. Mids dodged like noone else back then, they took 1 keep and switched the realm to get as much time as possible to avoid possible defenders every single keep(!), you and Neosopranx were the head of them.

Complained about a single scout defending level 1 keeps against a group of mids back then, also complaining today about 19 albs having a hard time fighting (sometimes pulling off) a heavy archer based FG of hibs inside level 8-10 keeps. Do you even notice something?

Next

Return to Realm versus Realm