Eorkern
Gryphon Knight

Postby Eorkern » Sep 11, 2021 10:32

see, that's more productive !

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Sep 11, 2021 14:10

Eorkern wrote:i hope GM won't waste his time with all this crap ^^

Yeah, wouldn't want the GMs to deal with exploits. What a waste of time.

Y'all really don't want this server to get back to a reasonable population.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Sep 11, 2021 14:53

You just don't want to understand it, the Gm's have already commented on the animists' mushrooms several times.
It was said that this is not a bug / exploit,
it's a game mechanic.
Just because you think it's a bug / exploid doesn't mean it is.
The question is more, why did you leave the server and why are you coming back now?
Were you dissatisfied with the server?
Are you still dissatisfied with the server?
What can you do to change this?
A good motto is:
Don't try to change others, change your behavior.

Greetings Rudra / Irela / Partymonsters

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Sep 11, 2021 22:40

Rudra wrote:You just don't want to understand it, the Gm's have already commented on the animists' mushrooms several times.
It was said that this is not a bug / exploit,
it's a game mechanic.
Just because you think it's a bug / exploid doesn't mean it is.
The question is more, why did you leave the server and why are you coming back now?
Were you dissatisfied with the server?
Are you still dissatisfied with the server?
What can you do to change this?
A good motto is:
Don't try to change others, change your behavior.

Greetings Rudra / Irela / Partymonsters

First of all, if the GMs think that killing lords without even breaking down walls by sending focus pets through doors or placing shrooms through windows is not an exploit, then the threshold for what they consider is an exploit is way off. No reasonable person coming back to the server is going to say, "Oh, ya know, it's kinda weird that they can capture this keep without knocking down doors, but maybe the GMs think it's A-okay, so I'm cool with it."

Second, I'd like you to show me where they said these aren't exploits to begin with, because I don't take the GMs to be that ridiculous. All I could find between Abydos, Genjiro, and Blue was Abydos saying that some methods of placing shrooms on walls are exploits: https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=45619&hilit=shroom.

Third, what behavior of mine can I change since ending exploits is too much to ask? I can quit. And I guarantee you that's what returning players will do if this is the norm. Like I said before, I hope the 12 of you who stick around under these conditions have fun when this temporary influx of players all leaves again because of this sort of thing.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Sep 11, 2021 22:42

If you have LOS to place the mushrooms, it is a valid place. If the mushrooms can see a target, that's for them to decide to attack.

The lord should be attacking people with their bow, if they're not and the lord can't reach anyone that's something we need to fix. Hope that clears it up.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Sep 12, 2021 06:34

Thx Abydos for the statement, and yes the Lord attack with bow. First kill one Shroom than attack the Animist.

Greetings Rudra/Irela/Partymonster

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Sep 12, 2021 10:22

Abydos wrote:If you have LOS to place the mushrooms, it is a valid place. If the mushrooms can see a target, that's for them to decide to attack.

The lord should be attacking people with their bow, if they're not and the lord can't reach anyone that's something we need to fix. Hope that clears it up.

That's actually contradictive to what you have said before.

My understanding from a comment you previously made, was that any shroom placed must be attackable via melee mode. This ensures shrooms are not placed on roofs or whatever.

Teri
Warder

Postby Teri » Sep 12, 2021 13:37

Rudra wrote:Thx Abydos for the statement, and yes the Lord attack with bow. First kill one Shroom than attack the Animist.

If Animist is out of range after first shroom is killed, Lord does not attack any more shrooms.
He is just waiting to be killed by other shrooms and does no further action / attack

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Sep 12, 2021 15:02

Yes, ok, but the lord switches from the shroom to the Animist.
But can not do anything because the shrooms cast on him.
But Abydos can check that it is correct.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 12, 2021 19:21

Teri wrote:
Rudra wrote:Thx Abydos for the statement, and yes the Lord attack with bow. First kill one Shroom than attack the Animist.

If Animist is out of range after first shroom is killed, Lord does not attack any more shrooms.
He is just waiting to be killed by other shrooms and does no further action / attack

Not sure, but I think this works for keepguards too. Ie. As a healing class move out of range and come back. So the archers stop hitting you. That is, if your group stops taking stupid dmg though.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Sep 13, 2021 07:12

Abydos wrote:If you have LOS to place the mushrooms, it is a valid place. If the mushrooms can see a target, that's for them to decide to attack.

I had always thought the geometry of games like DaoC were composed of right angles, and so it would never be possible to see a groundtarget on a horisontal surface that was higher up than your center of visual (which I assume is the highest point of your character model).
And so it was needed to use a groundtarget in the air and then have the shrooms drop down on the surface.

But if the angles are curved, or the corners cut triangular, I can see how one could do it.
Albion and having fun

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Sep 13, 2021 10:28

Moving the Gt's has always been possible, vertically and horizontally.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Sep 13, 2021 10:59

Rudra wrote:Moving the Gt's has always been possible, vertically and horizontally.

I know, which is how animists put shrooms in the air, which then drops down.
But the location is still considered to be in the air, in regards to melee hitting them, and also in regards to what it can target/hit.

I personally find it wrong that you can "plant" stuff in mid air, but also know it's a futile discussion.
Albion and having fun

Teri
Warder

Postby Teri » Sep 13, 2021 12:43

Satiah wrote:
Teri wrote:

Not sure, but I think this works for keepguards too. Ie. As a healing class move out of range and come back. So the archers stop hitting you. That is, if your group stops taking stupid dmg though.

I think that is right - if you are out of rage you loose aggro. But if you heal again you get aggro again.
But at Lord it is different, I think.
If Animist is out of range and shrooms attack lord, lord does not attack the shrooms.
Allthough he is hit by them. He just stands there watching the wall

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Sep 13, 2021 17:34

Teri wrote:
Satiah wrote:
Teri wrote:

I think that is right - if you are out of rage you loose aggro. But if you heal again you get aggro again.
But at Lord it is different, I think.
If Animist is out of range and shrooms attack lord, lord does not attack the shrooms.
Allthough he is hit by them. He just stands there watching the wall

First of all by virtue of the casting distance of mushrooms being 1000 units of range the argument of the animist being out of range of the lord is incorrect, especially when you consider that any change in height slightly reduces that maximum 1000 units for the cast by up to 200units, meaning that the maximum distance to not be out of range to cast the mushroom is then 800units. So the lord is indeed within range to attack the animist.

The first mushroom is attacking the lord but can not do any damage to him nor is the shrooms casting speed fast enough to interrupt him so the lord attacks that first shroom and kills it. The lord would then switch targets to the animist and tries to shoot the animist with his bow but however by that time there are already enough mushrooms put up to keep the lord permanently interrupted and that is why he looks like he is "watching the wall". Once and a while the lord does manage to shoot through the mushroom casts and hit the animist but that is usually only at the very beginning when there are less than 4-6 mushrooms up, but it is rare for a low level lord. It is much like the same concept of a caster attacking a bowman npc on the battlement walls where if they cast fast enough the caster can keep the bowman interrupted and kill him without being shot.

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm