Oops no more keeps to take with your animist

Talk about your RvR experience here
Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Jun 18, 2020 09:22

It must be fun to sneak up on a keep. place a GT. set some shrooms, then set more shrooms in the Lord Room window and get... 300 something realm points to take a keep?

But now it looks like you are out of lvl 1 keeps to take. what will you think of next?

The dragon has most likely been disabled earlier as a result of your ingenious ideas.

I'd say, try a Legion Raid on your own. Or maybe bring one of your bard friends with you.. should be fun.

Just here to say thank you.
Last edited by Gremon on Jun 18, 2020 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

Lyriaela
Guardian

Postby Lyriaela » Jun 18, 2020 12:29

I think it is very sad. Since you have always complained that the albs only appear in the zerg, we thought we would form a group and challenge you to fight. what came out of it? we ran against 12 men ... and these 12 men also had to hide in keeps and bypassed open field fights. now and then we caught you open field and nice fights arose there. sometimes you won sometimes we. a back and forth. however, that doesn't seem to have been enough. as was evident that albs is not only the farmable zerg but can also sometimes come up with strong groups you decided to become unfair. I don't want to say that you are all involved. but as far as the speed with animists is concerned .. I have no words. This is not to be beaten in audacity. I hope that consequences will follow. as you can imagine, the motivation keeps raiding is lost. Unfortunately we have to record your announcement only lvl 1 goals. now we know how these lvl 1 keeps are raided at night (yes in the EU it is at night). it will hardly be possible to get rps if you don't rethink. i hope for a good future together and for many nice fights. you have proven that you can do it fairly and better. then go ahead and don't resort to unfair means. and above all .. does not accompany this megalomaniac "brain" who wants to seize world domination! ;)

Lyriaela
Guardian

Postby Lyriaela » Jun 18, 2020 12:40

sorry … english is not my nativ language … so i used translator .. i hope u understand ;)

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Jun 18, 2020 15:51

- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jun 18, 2020 16:48

Lyriaela,

I think I get the gist of what you are saying. We had fun on Saturday, some good fights between us. You won some, we won some. We didn't avoid open field fights or hide in keeps. It's hard to find each other sometimes, the frontier is a big place. After 15-20 minutes of running around looking for you guys, we would hit a keep to draw you to us. That usually worked out great because then we had high level keep guards on us when the 2 X SoS inc alb tank train with 5 relics and a 20 keep bonus would hit us :grin:.

We eventually got up to 12, because it was Saturday afternoon, and all the hibs on wanted to RvR. We don't exclude people who want to RvR in Hib, if hibs want to come out it is encouraged. We did not have 12 for all of the fights, and we swapped to our low RR tanks to make it more interesting. The fight at HMG Hadrians was a slugfest hahaha. Please come out again this Saturday. I don't know how many hibs will be around, but you never know. If we're missing 1 or 2 people, we can't do much. HurriBurri knows how it is. He's been on this side of the fence.

As for Gremon... I'm sure its just as fun to take a lvl 1, unclaimed, undefended keep as a solo animist for 150 rp's as it is to dodge realm to realm and triple ram those doors with a fg. Not so great when the keep is gone before flames even show on the warmap is it? I suppose you could just kill the animist. Shouldn't be too hard when he has guard agro. Or when he's moving between keeps. Probably a lot easier to deal with than 30 Albs turning the map red while there are 3 hibs online :lol:

How Dare people use their class abilities in innovative ways to overcome superior numbers, RA's, and relic/keep bonuses! I didn't know we were only allowed to /stick and anytime style.

Lyriaela
Guardian

Postby Lyriaela » Jun 18, 2020 17:22

we won´t come out till solo Keep raiding didn´t stops!

wicked lead the raid for alb FZ … 5 ppl raid About 3h … then one skullboned-animist came and raid the whole FZ in about an hour… (first Keep solo … the following with bard and ranger [i know the names])
tactical-raiding … it takes alb zerg (and u knowed that the albs out this day) 2h to raid their own keeps … no chance to attack other keeps or relics
at this time just a few albs online .. and you could do Nothing against this "tactic" … aswell .. its not allowed

at EU night you also raid alb keeps with more than one grp .. there are less than 5 deffers … no Problem for you to take high keeps relics … why you need this stupid solo ani Raids ?

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Jun 18, 2020 18:18

I would think that you would appreciate keeps being taken so that your realm can take them back!

Why does it matter if keeps are taken by 1 player or 30? Why does it matter if there are people on to defend or not? Why does it matter if Alb has keep bonuses or relic bonuses anyway, its not like the most populated realm (3x a week for a few hours) needs even more of an advantage over the lesser populated realms, does it?

Anyway, if you want these bonuses you should try to convince your Zerg loving realm mates to log in and help out more often. Only logging on for a few hours 2-3x a week isn't a recipe for your realm owning these bonuses.

And as to the desire to fight other players in RVR... There are better ways to show you want to do so, then taking keeps. No we can't control if you will fight 8 v 8 or 12 v 7 or 4 v 26. Make the most of it. Hibs do! We come defend keeps with 2-5 of us vs 20-30 albs every week. Having fun should not just be about RPs earned.

I think we should just choose Odins MGs/PKs as where Alb/Hib groups go to look for fights. Winner moves closer to enemy PK, Loser comes back out and tries again.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jun 18, 2020 18:29

So......you couldn't get enough Albs together to kill 3 hibs taking Alb lvl 1 keeps? I don't know what to say to that.. .

Drusillaz
Myrmidon

Postby Drusillaz » Jun 18, 2020 18:32

I Think what my fellow albs are trying to say is: why cheat/abuse.
Personally I'm against any form of cheats violating our server ToS, no matter which realm does it.

I do think that Hibs with their awsome defence abilities are doing great in a high lvl keep with fg+ plus rangers: practically impossible for albs to take, at least without huge losses: so even if the end might sometimes be getting zerged down, a lot of realm points are distributed from picking out defenders with GT, Volley etc: Hibs assist like a boss, albs don't always.

Furthermore alb classes and groupbuild is a bit difficult: basically we need 9 people to cover what the 2 other realms can cover with an 8 man. So we always liked having good numbers. Well many of us like numbers:).

Let us get back to a *decent warfare* in the frontiers, if u can talk about decency in war.) Lets ask people to stop abusing bugs and find other ways of annoying the enemy!

/ Jutlandia

Drusillaz
Myrmidon

Postby Drusillaz » Jun 18, 2020 18:34

Cirath wrote:So......you couldn't get enough Albs together to kill 3 hibs taking Alb lvl 1 keeps? I don't know what to say to that.. .

You know that is NOT what this is about: do not pretend to be unintelligent, it doesnt become you!

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jun 18, 2020 18:40

I guess I don't see an animist taking keeps as cheating? He is using the ability of his class, he is setting and using perfectly legal ground targets, and he is very vulnerable to be killed while doing it. If you don't like him doing it, go kill him. I don't see it being any different than, say, using an invulnerable necro shade to scout/set perfect ground targets inside keeps. Or a minstrel with SoS to grab a relic without having to kill any guards. It's an ability of the class.

Lyriaela
Guardian

Postby Lyriaela » Jun 18, 2020 19:29

so you can set 7 animists .. each Keep in FZ one .. set shrooms same time .. they raid in 2 min the complete FZ .. and thats ok ?

thats not an ability! .. that is cheating !

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jun 18, 2020 19:37

According to the rules of the server, no, it is not cheating. That is just your opinion. Your example of 7 animists is not realistic anyways. The ground targets can't be set at every keep, are difficult to set anyways, and there aren't 7 active animists on Hib to carry it out. Most days there aren't 7 active players at all during EU time.

There are two easy simple steps you can take to prevent an enemy from taking your unclaimed lvl 1 keep.

1. Kill the animist

2. Claim and upgrade your keeps

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Jun 18, 2020 19:39

Mmmh. Please come berk, my arrows are getting rusty :hammer: :D

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jun 18, 2020 19:45

@Jutlandia This is the forum, there's no room for reasonableness and civility here! :grin: Will see you out there I hope.

Now, back the the outrage and drama.

Next

Return to Realm versus Realm