Oops no more keeps to take with your animist

Talk about your RvR experience here
Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Sep 14, 2021 21:52

The mechanics have been so for some time that the mushrooms are placed below and can be meezable, attackable in close combat and killed with magi.
The Albion players (e.g. Huriburi, Romu) could confirm this.

Greetings Rudra/Irela/Partymonster

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Sep 14, 2021 22:57

Abydos wrote:were you dual logging? It is not allowed

It is possible we put in some workaround to fake-plop animist shrooms down on the ground with the player (Genjiro did you work on this last?). The point stands, if they couldnt be attacked by melee on the ground what you've demonstrated is an exploit. OR if from the ground they can attack the lord (because they cannot see the lord)

Though as displayed, with them attackable in melee, no issue was made

Thank you for the video evidence Rudra. This was my understanding of this shroom placement as well. Shrooms are attackable. I remember years ago the ones that could not be attacked and a fix going in. I have not experienced non melee attackable shrooms, except those on top of roofs where players cannot get up to melee them. Those can however be casted upon with no problem.

So all is well in the animist world. I appreciate the time of players and GMs coming together to resolve a long debate about this being an exploit or not.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Sep 14, 2021 23:05

To be clear, too, if the animist can see the spot (i.e. roof) and cast there, its OK, even if a melee cant get there.

If an animist casts one somewhere they cannot see and has to lag-jump to somehow reach it, NOT OK.

The "in-melee" comment refers to the earlier bug I described but from the video it looks like that maybe has a fix?

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Sep 14, 2021 23:23

Thank you Abydos for dealing with this matter to clarify it.
I am ready to test certain points with a GM to clarify the question of shroom placement.
We can also make videos of it again and link them in the forum or I can send them to the GM's.
one should not forget the range of the shrooms is only 1000 that of casters 1500 and further.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Sep 15, 2021 18:28

Hello Abydos,
I thought about where the situation you described could occur.
Something occurred to me and I tested it. I think that this action would not conform to the rules.
It corresponds roughly to the one you described.
I am ready to show you this.
I would like to ask all animist players not to take any actions that could lead to a ban.
Hibernia needs you !!!

Greetings Rudra / Irela / Partymonster

Ps. I play this day Partymonster

Greymob
Guardian

Postby Greymob » Sep 16, 2021 22:42

ok..heres the deal(prob get banned for having my opinion) Gm's either dont care to fix the prob or dont know how. I know it sounds like an attack on the gm's..but thats the way it looks to many players. I know their hands are full with things like bad lang multi loggers etc and their time is limited.
i know anis are the only thing hib has that can use this exploit. Many lines of code..only so many hrs in a day :)

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Sep 17, 2021 08:49

Hi there,
reading and understanding is the question here.
No exploid is used, it is the ability of this class to move the gt. Again, to understand when mushrooms are placed, no damage is dealt, the damage is done by the shrooms. These are meezable and attackable with magic and / or melee attacks.
If the animist wants to do damage with his grollis, he needs a direct view of the target, which he deals damage directly.
other classes can also move their gt in height.
Short note:
But if the archery classes use the bugs in the Bow line, is that ok?
Or the mezes through the keep walls?
Or the Lagruns in the keep yards to see if there are mushrooms (mushrooms cast the lag runner on)?
We could also complain, but we live with the situation and are also ready to work with the GM's to eliminate these situations.
We are a small community and we should rather try to work together than create problems with mutual accusations that are not at all.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Sep 17, 2021 23:49

That's a silly question

"Can we exploit" or use bugs?

No

https://www2.uthgard.net/rules

2.6 Abuse of bugs, exploits and obvious game errors is forbidden. If you are not sure whether something is a bug or an error then please ask the Uthgard staff for help and clarification. Bugs have to be reported.

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Nov 27, 2021 04:37

@Devs/Uthgard Staff:
The shrooms have gotten so far out of control that Mid and Alb don't even participate in RvR with us if there is a known shroomer around. Sometimes, we Hibs set up Shroom traps to force the action, but then Mid and Alb just don't come back. I play on Hib most of the time, and even still I say it is time to completely eliminate this fun-destroying class from the game. Mid and Alb don't want to play with us because we have this class. Give all 50 Animists a free alternative 50 toon and remove this BANE from our realm. I would actually like to fight Mids and Albs, but animists in our realm just keep pushing them further and further away.

To my fellow Hibs in the meantime until the Devs remove your class, please don't take your Animists to RvR and ruin the game for the rest of us who would like to participate in RvR and keep battles against the Mids/Albs.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Nov 27, 2021 06:19

Hi there,
I'll say it again the problem is not the animists, the problem is the low population on Uthgard.
There are very few players in Midgard at Eu Time.
The priority here is in NA time.
I'm currently playing Midgard myself because I wanted to get an idea of ​​the situation.
Yes, it is not easy to fight against 3 Fg Hibs if you can not even get 8 level 50 Chars.
If you are complaining you should describe the situation correctly.
The main problem I see is the constant switching between the rich and the resulting imbalance.
There are times when there are hardly any people online on Hibernia in the evening and then there are 30+ people again
The server has the status 1.65 at this time there were the classes existing on Uthgard. You cannot remove one Si class and keep all the others.
Furthermore the Verdant line does not work properly on Uthgard, this line was the strongest of the Anmist lines at this patch stand. The animist would have a bomb that does a lot of damage and the animist could safely stand somewhere.
It's not my job to explain how to fight an animist, everyone has to find out for themselves. Animists have strengths and weaknesses that you should find out and not look for guilty people that don't exist.

Greetings

Ferres
Warder

Postby Ferres » Nov 27, 2021 08:03

Kayd wrote:@Devs/Uthgard Staff:
Give all 50 Animists a free alternative 50 toon and remove this BANE from our realm..

That will not happen.

To my fellow Hibs in the meantime until the Devs remove your class, please don't take your Animists to RvR and ruin the game for the rest of us who would like to participate in RvR and keep battles against the Mids/Albs.

That will not happen.

I would actually like to fight Mids and Albs, but animists in our realm just keep pushing them further and further away.

That will happen. And taking a look at the numbers (albion, in my case), you can call it a total victory.

Previous

Return to Realm versus Realm