Hello NA Action

Talk about your RvR experience here
RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Oct 31, 2019 13:19

MARGHY wrote:
RandomNoob wrote:
Was always my pet theory when considering why Uthgard still exists was that Drastic was Blue's autistic son and dude kept the server up as a labor of love cause the kid love's the game. Makes me laugh to consider that but in any case, someone recently told me Drastic was Abydos.

this has been common knowledge for years, personally confirmed by ex Uthgard 1 GM :roll:

Well, for being 'common' knowledge it is certainly not widely discussed. I've read many accounts from the dank corners and crevices of the net where DAoC is still discussed and while I have many times seen the mention of Abydos generate massive nerdrage and apolexy, no one ever mentioned this drastically important detail.

Like I said, it explains a great many things. Should be standard disclosure when you sign up to play here. Hey we got a game made by people who designed it for one realm (Vex of Flames anyone? lol), our sole GM (probably the dev too) plays that realm and well you do the mathematics on the rest. Explains a great many things for sure....ffs this server should be healthy as hell but it appears its the personal playground for a couple dudes with a few diehard clingers just hoping it don't go down. C'est la vie.

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Oct 31, 2019 16:18

For real, nevermind who and what Abydos plays. Stop banging that drum already.

First off, until proven otherwise, none of this is either factual evidence or first hand accounts, it's all hearsay and nothing more.
Second, even though i'd agree a disclaimer would make sense, i could not care less what a GM plays. The only thing i expect from a GM is to do it's GM job. You can't give a GM ****** for enjoying the game or playing a class/realm.

So if you want to give Abydos ******, give him ****** for not delivering anything in the past year or for not communicating on any progress whatsover on hot topics like SI, Quest fixing, Events organizing, RvR changes, etc.

After that, who knows, maybe Abydos will jump in and post his character names and put that thing to rest. If not, well that just speaks to what kind of individual and GM he is and nothing more.
Last edited by IamKaia on Oct 31, 2019 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Oct 31, 2019 16:52

The disclaimer thing was sarcasm, thinly veiled I know, but get a grip.

The rest of your opinions are noted. Thanks for the lecture. With a long life experience of watching nasty people slide out of sticky situations and skate on some pretty evil things thanks to the heresay loophole; hearing some legal eagle scream 'heresay' just doesn't have the same effect on me it once did.

This thread had nothing to do with Drastic. Bonz/Rhakan, who I am not a big fan of, was generally peaceable and not losing his chit because someone posted a picture. Drastic turned this thread into a chit show, as is his M.O., and made it about him. Which of course is perfectly self-explanatory...no degree in psychology required. Now the Abydos persona can come along with serious gravitas and lock the thread in the name of moderation. lol

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Oct 31, 2019 17:04

RandomNoob wrote:The disclaimer thing was sarcasm, thinly veiled I know, but get a grip.

The rest of your opinions are noted. Thanks for the lecture. With a long life experience of watching nasty people slide out of sticky situations and skate on some pretty evil things thanks to the heresay loophole; hearing some legal eagle scream 'heresay' just doesn't have the same effect on me it once did.

Imagehttps://imgflip.com/memegenerator

I do enjoy the irony of you telling me to get a grip and then proceeding with that caveman approach to facts.

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Oct 31, 2019 17:49

IamKaia wrote:
RandomNoob wrote:The disclaimer thing was sarcasm, thinly veiled I know, but get a grip.

I do enjoy the irony of you telling me to get a grip and then proceeding with that caveman approach to facts.

I'm starting to see this is your pvp for the day...and I remember now why I generally just post once in a thread and never look back.

Until this thread, this forum hadn't seen a post in 3 weeks, and most every thread ended or consisted of the same paradigm; Drastic talking chit to people. Here, he wasn't even involved but decided to insinuate himself in the thread and rake some muck. Never saw you posting there with any of this lofty moral admonition

But now, suddenly out of the woodwork, here you are. A veritable Jiminy Cricket of Uthgard, conscience of the forums, with a timely lecture on heresay. Very suspicious indeed.

Save your sermon sister, I aint buyin what you're selling. Continue to converse with yourself if you wish.

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Oct 31, 2019 17:57

RandomNoob wrote:
IamKaia wrote:

I'm starting to see this is your pvp for the day...and I remember now why I generally just post once in a thread and never look back.

Until this thread, this forum hadn't seen a post in 3 weeks, and most every thread ended or consisted of the same paradigm; Drastic talking chit to people. Here, he wasn't even involved but decided to insinuate himself in the thread and rake some muck. Never saw you posting there with any of this lofty moral admonition

But now, suddenly out of the woodwork, here you are. A veritable Jiminy Cricket of Uthgard, conscience of the forums, with a timely lecture on heresay. Very suspicious indeed.

Save your sermon sister, I aint buyin what you're selling. Continue to converse with yourself if you wish.

Nothing against you and I did not attack your character man, just challenging your flawed approach to things and your immunity to facts and reason.

Here, have this [ ''''''''''' ]
It's a safe space. I made it just for you.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Oct 31, 2019 19:32

I've been accused of being Baman and Drastic. But I've also been accused of being a real asshole. Must we conclude that minstrels are assholes then? :roll:

I'm also really quite confused what what the accusation is here in the thread. Are you saying that Alb is the best realm? Or that the classes are the best? I'm pretty sure if we look from (basically forever) it was complaints of mid being OP-af.

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Oct 31, 2019 21:08

Abydos wrote:I've been accused of being Baman and Drastic. But I've also been accused of being a real asshole. Must we conclude that minstrels are assholes then? :roll:

I'm also really quite confused what what the accusation is here in the thread. Are you saying that Alb is the best realm? Or that the classes are the best? I'm pretty sure if we look from (basically forever) it was complaints of mid being OP-af.

So...erm...anyway.. When's SI coming out man? When's the next event scheduled? 8)
Why don't you do a something like a bi-weekly status update on what you're working on? if you're working on anything that is

I know for a fact some people from the other pooshard looking at this forum waiting for updates and reasons to comeback. The optics of dead silence from uth staff is just as bad as low pop figures really

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Oct 31, 2019 22:04

I think it's just a few people saying, "Yay...NA times have been fun..."

The rest...I dunno...guy is out there on an untemp'd solo support char...can't deal with a caba pet on his own, and thinks there's some deep conspiracy why he can't handle a RR10 mincer either...
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Nov 01, 2019 15:15

IamKaia wrote:I know for a fact some people from the other pooshard looking at this forum waiting for updates and reasons to comeback. The optics of dead silence from uth staff is just as bad as low pop figures really

True, i looking from time to time too in these forum, but i lost my hope. No change, no Admin, no progress, no future.
At time im playing TESO, its just a great MMORPG with some nice pvp.

Abydos wrote:I've been accused of being Baman and Drastic. But I've also been accused of being a real asshole.

Why also? These theory´s do not exclude each other, right? :lol: Just kidding...
Let´s say im not the biggest fan of yours, but who you´re playing is not relevant and shouldn´t.

One of the impacts uthgardwise in the past is Abydos, not Drastic.

Peace out
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Nov 01, 2019 22:09

Abydos is not drastic. I have personally played with drastic many times and I can confirm this lol. In fact, Abydos is the reason Drastic can't duo Evern anymore. He wouldn't do that to himself

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Nov 02, 2019 02:55

Unless I'm so meta I can be Baman, Drastic and Austerim all at the same time! 8)

Gilded
Myrmidon

Postby Gilded » Nov 02, 2019 07:51

Abydos wrote:Unless I'm so meta I can be Baman, Drastic and Austerim all at the same time! 8)

:lol:

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Nov 02, 2019 13:57

Abydos wrote:Unless I'm so meta I can be Baman, Drastic and Austerim all at the same time! 8)

You meta enough to give updates on what you've been up to as a GM for the last months though?

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Nov 02, 2019 15:03

i like abydos, but i am not him.
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm