Hibernia signing off.

Talk about your RvR experience here
kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 27, 2019 14:11

Gremon wrote:Asking your fellow hibernians to not take any keeps doesn't help the server.

Organizing action in DAOC usually generates more action. Taking keeps means people are able to come back and retake the keeps. Also you will have a chance to defend and gain rps.

Attacking Relic keeps in whatever manner generates action, so keep on doing this.

I salute Skullbones (Among others) for the action he is generating on the server. You have the right mentality and don't quickly give up when odds aren't stacked in your favor. You can be quite annoying to fight btw. :twisted:

Albs are fortunate that they have someone like Romu around who organizes frequent BG's. I am sure more mids/hibs would be here if their realm would have someone like that around.

People should not be afraid to give rps away to the other realms (or retreat from a keep when one enemy is inside.). Fight / Learn and try again with another tactic.

Its a game. sometimes you win sometimes you loose.

2-3 weeks ago there were some nice fga/fgm/fgh fights in Hadrians Wall. It gave me some hope for the future.

Maybe we should open up some communication channel to discuss / organize fights in emain/ hadrians or odins and ignore the keeps. Albeit for 1 evening a week. It might pick up the action.

With the exception of the organised fights, you actually seem to agree with me "mostly". Not taking keeps isn't great is it? Of course we know that.

However, it's also stupid to just keep feeding albs who will only zerg them. Why don't Alb players own their poor effort/attitude towards the server too? Like someone said Albs have been doing this for months. Well, we Hibs are sick of it. We had few numbers anyway and people we did have that were helping us in the good fights against the zergers have been lost/not playing/or switched back to the zerging realm. End result, we can't defend with such poor numbers. And thats even if we are at the right keep at the right time, when the zerg logs on and decides to wreck with their triple ram per door, 5 scout volley mayhem setup.

In summary
Whether we own the keeps for a few minutes before they are zerged down again or not - this makes no difference to Hibs as we can't defend them vs the ridiculous odds. However, I understand us not taking the keeps does matter to you. Has it got your attention yet? What are you going to do to improve things. I'm ready to listen to that.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 27, 2019 16:35

kinthos wrote:Has it got your attention yet?

I mean...you have everyone's attention just making this dramatic thread in the first place...

Sort of like when Holsten killed you 3 times in Claret...and you had to bring that to the forums too (which I thank you for...was a good laugh). (Honorless!!!!)

Maybe you hope that the Alb BG will log in and see some beautifully orchestrated Hib protest, and...what...leave flowers and 'get well soon' cards outside DL?

We saw Hibs retake a few keeps two days ago...then go on to roam with the biggest group in the frontiers. And Hib numbers grew as soon as the first keep was recaptured...you got some RPs from the Albs & Mids too.

Maybe keep doing that...?
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 27, 2019 17:35

May as well have some fun now then as you clearly are incapable of understanding.

If you do want to engage in sensible conversation about what we all could do to make the server better, as I mentioned already I'm listening.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 27, 2019 17:50

That was a Saturday afternoon. Peak NA time hib population. There were 14 hibs total online, I managed to pull the 8 above level 40 together. Those are not our typical numbers. Yesterday I logged on for an hour or two after work. There were 5 hibs total out of 40 players online. This is much more typical. Skullbone and I ran around as a duo for a bit, went to mid because we heard there was an Alb duo there. they ended up suiciding so we went AMG emain. Found Astirio. He came back with Drastic and a Cleric and killed us. I Had real life stuff to do at that point so the two of us logged. Was nice to see only 3 albs come back instead of a fg.

Not complaining, it is what it is.

One of our EU time animists told me he was going to PL some lowbies in collory yesterday, but logged in and saw albs had taken scath and set it to 6. So he said eff it and went to palintone the RK because there were no other options.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 27, 2019 19:32

Honestly, I put Scaith to 6 for one day, just to see if you'd whine...so thanks for that :-)

We saw some Hibs camping Savage road after mids hit Ren...after looking for you in Alb, we went to Hib thinking you maybe would come out if we killed a few Scaith guards (ExpDemise keep)...but no....was 4 enemies in area too much of 'an Alb zerg?' We waited...then decided hell, let's try to take the keep and maybe inc then? No...

We had 1 ram, and melee'd D2 for a long time...one defender could have wiped us at certain points...

Don't worry, Scaith is lvl1 unclaimed now...I suppose you could take it back, if Spy thinks that's OK.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 27, 2019 21:57

Better throw that drawing up again Inq, he still doesn't get it. If noone from Hib responds, its probably because noone is on. You took Scath on Sunday night wasn't it? or Saturday? Noone from xpd was logged in. Here's a protip: try /who when you log in. When I log in, it usually looks something like (6) 52, for you its probably (35) 52 or something similar. Getting it yet?

On a Saturday afternoon we'll watch it build. (6) 45, (7)56, (10)63....and we know romuzerg is inc. So, what ARE you guys going to do after you
steamroll Glen?

4lex
Guardian

Postby 4lex » Aug 28, 2019 01:17

So the *point* is that hib are low on numbers. Just a hypothesis but maybe the problem is a bit closer to home? If I was someone looking to return I wouldn't choose hib, because of threads like this.

Kinthos and Cirath, I'm sure you're nice guys irl but I'm afraid a good proportion of how you have come across here is not particularly welcoming. At least to me, as a casual, observing (and in fairness I've never spoken to or played with you) thats how it feels. Dare I say even *elitist* with the stories of how you killed a zerg with just the 4 of you and the other heroic tales. Calling out someone as being *MVP*...cmon, really?

Romu takes a lot of criticism from afar, and again in this thread. Yet he constantly is able to rally 2-3fg for both pve/dragon raids and RvR. Why? Because he is welcoming and respectful to everyone, he never complains or criticises and is the first to offer help to his realm mates. Look at the Highlander's Run event that he helped to organise last Xmas - not for himself, but for Albion. I'm sure this doesn't fit in with your ideology of how the game should be played, but it all contributes to the community. If there was someone like him on hib, maybe the population wouldn't be so low there. Maybe not.

My initial reaction to the original post was almost *how dare you tell others how to play - gosh it seems more like a dictatorship over there.* I'm sure it's not like that at all, and kudos to Skullbones for softening the *dont take keeps* messsage, but dramatic threads like this aren't helpful in my humble opinion.

Neither is being disrespectful to the fellow gamers/guild that have been called out here.

I genuinely have nothing against you and I can only comment on what I read from you here as, like I say, I have never played hib. And I completely understand the frustration. But focusing your energy into positive threads is surely more constructive.

You could advertise some PL events, frontier dungeon gear farming, seal farming, help with crafting/SC to get things going. Or you could try to engage some of the other players/ex players with similar ideologies (maybe Shinrog, Holsten or Ist would be interested) by organising some regular time/place that you'll be online...Hills of Claret anyone? It might take some time and patience but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 28, 2019 02:14

I like how there's not one post here from any newer hibs...

The three hibs chiming in here each have more RPs than the rest of active hibbies combined if not a few times over. You could be leaders in your realm...you could start keep take groups to make Hibland green (help XP'ers and general moral), you could organize events (Sunday seems to be a good day for Hib...why not build on and try to raid something....boss mobs...keeps...DF....maybe build up to Cuuldurach?)

However, I'm guessing doing any of those activities would require admitting that there are hibbies out there that aren't RR8, that wouldn't mind a couple thousand RP from cleaning up Hibernia keeps...that aren't zerg slaying-heroes...and will surely never win Cirath's MVP award...

Remember when Theodon comes out of his stupor, and realizes Rohan should help Rohan...instead of sitting around all grumpy and QQing about Gondor? Think you know where I'm goin with this...

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Aug 28, 2019 02:18

4lex wrote:So the *point* is that hib are low on numbers. Just a hypothesis but maybe the problem is a bit closer to home? If I was someone looking to return I wouldn't choose hib, because of threads like this.

Kinthos and Cirath, I'm sure you're nice guys irl but I'm afraid a good proportion of how you have come across here is not particularly welcoming. At least to me, as a casual, observing (and in fairness I've never spoken to or played with you) thats how it feels. Dare I say even *elitist* with the stories of how you killed a zerg with just the 4 of you and the other heroic tales. Calling out someone as being *MVP*...cmon, really?

Romu takes a lot of criticism from afar, and again in this thread. Yet he constantly is able to rally 2-3fg for both pve/dragon raids and RvR. Why? Because he is welcoming and respectful to everyone, he never complains or criticises and is the first to offer help to his realm mates. Look at the Highlander's Run event that he helped to organise last Xmas - not for himself, but for Albion. I'm sure this doesn't fit in with your ideology of how the game should be played, but it all contributes to the community. If there was someone like him on hib, maybe the population wouldn't be so low there. Maybe not.

My initial reaction to the original post was almost *how dare you tell others how to play - gosh it seems more like a dictatorship over there.* I'm sure it's not like that at all, and kudos to Skullbones for softening the *dont take keeps* messsage, but dramatic threads like this aren't helpful in my humble opinion.

Neither is being disrespectful to the fellow gamers/guild that have been called out here.

I genuinely have nothing against you and I can only comment on what I read from you here as, like I say, I have never played hib. And I completely understand the frustration. But focusing your energy into positive threads is surely more constructive.

You could advertise some PL events, frontier dungeon gear farming, seal farming, help with crafting/SC to get things going. Or you could try to engage some of the other players/ex players with similar ideologies (maybe Shinrog, Holsten or Ist would be interested) by organising some regular time/place that you'll be online...Hills of Claret anyone? It might take some time and patience but Rome wasn't built in a day.

let's be honest here. one must have some form of elitist attitude in the first place to be playing an 18 year old game, and that includes you. so, don't point fingers at the hibs. it doesn't matter what ur perception of hibernia's current realm state is based on this thread. the fact is spymistress has an ego and he just hit 8L0, so he doesn't care if anyone progresses or has fun anymore it seems which is why he created this useless thread screaming for attention.
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 28, 2019 14:27

You are right, I didn't have to make this thread and despite what you think I didn't do for personal attention. If I hadn't made this thread it wouldn't have changed what we are currently doing. As I originally said, I'm only telling you as a courtesy so you know why Hibernia seemed to have stopped. We could have just stopped and kept you in the dark. Would you prefer that? You'd have been making your own little whiney wincy threads then - although still blaming us for the server state. Eeessh... ranting stop, this is not what I wanted to say.

Ahem - so first, take the time to read the details Cirath/Skull and me too when I am being more sincere (from pg1 of this thread), - we have laid it out very simply.

I will try again now too. So this is from my perspective and I play usually late EU time or perhaps early NA time to add a little context too. There have been for a significant amount of time now, basically 3-6 active hibs propping up the whole realm. This is not us being elite or grandiose - it's a hard truth. A few days ago, I stopped logging in and I think Skull did too. The result is what you see. This didn't require some secret alliance of not taking keeps amongst the mighty HIb guilds despite my yes dramatic thread. All it really took was just 2 players stopped playing for a few days as actively. Since then, Cirath managed to scrape a few hibs together the other day to take some keeps back to help the lowbie hibs xp in the frontier I believe (but these were taken back faster than you can say Romu 3 times). Beyond that, I think keep taking has somewhat stopped.

So nothing as exciting as you thought - just 2 players take a few days break from Hib and we have what we have:

This would leave Cirath, Zugu, Bibi, Vanq/Fremster and maybe a few others that sometimes rvr. 4 players max to rvr with in Hibernia. The rest (and there aren't many) are basically leveling up and don't yet really interact with RvR etc..

Fortunately Mid have woken up so the server will not die afterall - hurrah. Enjoy!
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 28, 2019 15:32

4lex wrote:So the *point* is that hib are low on numbers. Just a hypothesis but maybe the problem is a bit closer to home? If I was someone looking to return I wouldn't choose hib, because of threads like this.

My post was intentionally provocative as I've mentioned already. Read my last post above this for a more reasoned one from me. In addition, much better summaries of the state of Hibernia however have already been posted by Skull/Cirath on pg1 of this thread too.

If you were genuinely interested in coming to Hib and more players too - you would find Skull/Cirath/Alpha and me too (when time allows) are happy to PL people. We've been doing this for 2.5 years now. Skull honestly should be the saint of Hibernia for the amount of PL he has done and helped players in this realm. We RvR often and invite all to come via LFG and alliance. Admittedly not every time and sometimes we use Discord and this can sometime leave others out, not out of Elitism but just because it's easier to talk than type. We do what we can with the numbers we have. It's just lately the numbers are so poor, it's hard to get anything started at all. Then even if we do, it's a keep simulator game with no response at all or overwhelming odds vs a zerg. Not very appealing.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 28, 2019 17:14

kinthos wrote:...It's just lately the numbers are so poor, it's hard to get anything started at all. Then even if we do, it's a keep simulator game with no response at all or overwhelming odds vs a zerg. Not very appealing.

Both times in the past three weeks when Hibs can be bothered to take back keeps, you have managed to wipe to 4 Albs defending after ~1hr of starting. I'm sure you have an excuse ready for why this happened.... :lol:

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Aug 28, 2019 20:46

Grahmdal wrote:I like how there's not one post here from any newer hibs...

The three hibs chiming in here each have more RPs than the rest of active hibbies combined if not a few times over. You could be leaders in your realm...you could start keep take groups to make Hibland green (help XP'ers and general moral), you could organize events (Sunday seems to be a good day for Hib...why not build on and try to raid something....boss mobs...keeps...DF....maybe build up to Cuuldurach?)

However, I'm guessing doing any of those activities would require admitting that there are hibbies out there that aren't RR8, that wouldn't mind a couple thousand RP from cleaning up Hibernia keeps...that aren't zerg slaying-heroes...and will surely never win Cirath's MVP award...

Remember when Theodon comes out of his stupor, and realizes Rohan should help Rohan...instead of sitting around all grumpy and QQing about Gondor? Think you know where I'm goin with this...

Well actually you are wrong, I posted at the very start :)

In all honestly, I am just burned out with everything, and have no fight left in me to continue with the way the server is, all while the leaders of this project are non existent.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 28, 2019 20:55

Grahmdal wrote:
kinthos wrote:...It's just lately the numbers are so poor, it's hard to get anything started at all. Then even if we do, it's a keep simulator game with no response at all or overwhelming odds vs a zerg. Not very appealing.

Both times in the past three weeks when Hibs can be bothered to take back keeps, you have managed to wipe to 4 Albs defending after ~1hr of starting. I'm sure you have an excuse ready for why this happened.... :lol:

Oh you want a response on an un-specific keep take. Well I have no idea, was I even there?

++ Well done for coming out and defending a keep.

-- Not so great that you feel the need to knock the hibs that prompted action. 4hibs vs 4albs (+doors+guards+lord+20 to 40% dmg bonus depending on keeps claimed) = #win_for_alb. :hammer:

I didn't hear you mention any Hibs running away. Qudos to them hibs for not running (like Astrillo/Scmi usually do at the sight of a single defender).

Regardless of your "story" - my point stands here and you once again miss it. We have no numbers, people are demoralised, action is crappy or non-existant, enemy numbers and damage bonuses are ridiculous. Oh shall we take back Hib keeps again lads - urrrr nah (or no response at all is the response). Mill about for a bit or lead a small man, find nothing to do, nobody to kill. Log out. It can't be that great on Alb too - am I right? Why are you in such denial?
Last edited by kinthos on Aug 28, 2019 21:35, edited 3 times in total.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 28, 2019 21:02

Grahmdal wrote:Honestly, I put Scaith to 6 for one day, just to see if you'd whine...so thanks for that :-)

I didn't whine about it. OK others might have mentioned it. I think you'll find it in the conversation of pointing out idiocy - rather than whining. I mean a fair backlash I am seeing is you want us to take keeps - otherwise where will the albs get their rps on zerg night!? So yeh claiming a keep to anything over 4 is verging on :gaga:

And as Zugu pointed out you stopped newer Hibs being PL-d - so no fresh/different Hibs being leveled that day. :hammer:
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm