Hibernia signing off.

Talk about your RvR experience here
kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 23, 2019 20:52

Hibernia signing off.

Fellow hibs, don't take any keeps back please - kind request. This gives the albs nothing to zerg down.

Special note to Lowi twins, thanks for ruining the good action that was being had by all 3 realms til you swapped back to the strongest/zergiest realm again. :gaga:
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Aug 23, 2019 21:54

I'm quite demoralized with the current situation. I don't mind albs bringing 25+. It's just sad when there are only 3 defenders online.

The gms really need to do something to promote action or consider closing the server. I have personally done all I can and have no more motivation to continue until I see some commitment from the top.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 23, 2019 23:14

Yeah, the insistence on zerg or nothing is puzzling to say the least.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 24, 2019 00:26

It's funny...hib had some nice momentum going a couple of months ago. Nellt & Trulicity were getting a FG+ hibs (mostly casuals) on the battlefield almost every day. My chanter had a couple 30k+ weeks with them...fun times.

I was wondering how long the new "scorched earth" policies of Skull & Cirath would take to erase that interest of those causals....

Turns out the answer is: one month.

Midgard seems to have its handful of veterans still....and you see them out there storming keeps from time to time, with pre50s, and RR2-3 folks...and I think that is making a difference. It gives casuals a way to get into RvR, and advance their character...and it usually ends up with some PvP action too. (Which they do quite well at :P )

I guess it's natural to blame Albs, or blame the staff (I want RvR missions badly, too :-P ) but isn't it obvious, now, that realm wide scorched earth policies to deprive Alb & Mid wind up hurting Hib a lot too?
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Aug 24, 2019 00:37

So you think the solution to getting more people is to stop taking keeps back? That will not help you and that will not help the server in any way. To get more people you need to motivate your people. You wont motivate people by hitting relic doors with palintonas or sitting inside a level 10 keep with groups of 3-5 rangers while all your keeps are in enemy hands. If a Hib looks at the realm map he sees that alb is dominating and wont even log in. It would help your realm way more if you would secure your home frontier than takeing hurb, claim it to level 10 and hit our relic keep the whole night.

I think you dont even want to take a power relic, the palintona raids are just to hurt the albs. Why not take a str relic? Think you could easily manage that at the nighttime, even at prime time if the high rr mids are not out. Relics can give a huge boost to a realm. We wont take more than 3 Relics if our relics are not being taken. That is also a decision to motivate the other realms.

We dont have an organized BG every day, we normally have it 2 days a week for 3 hours. Many people just log in for those 6 hours, because they know they will find a group and will hopefully have fun, doesnt matter which class they play. We have very often horrible setups, we lack of clerics, minstrels and mostly sorcs. We have evenings where we run with caster speed and have no mezz at all. So with a good group you have good chances to fight us, even if we are more people. And there are 5 days a week where we have no organized BG. Why dont you organzie a BG yourself on these days? Noone could stop you if you take back your keeps or even take some enemy keeps. I am pretty sure that will bring you more people than any palintona raid.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 24, 2019 01:13

Organize a BG? You really don't know what it's like here do you? There are no people to motivate. There are no more casuals in Hib. When you were having your little 3fg romp today /who in hib was (4) 57. Most of our people are NA time, me included. There are 9 Hibs on right now. 1 50 (me), 1 46, the rest are 35 and below. You know what discourages casuals from playing? being outnumbered by a minimum of 3 to 1 every time they see an Alb. The few veterans in Hib are all that remain because we are used to fighting you at 3 to 1 odds and winning. The casuals can't do that. When your entire RvR population is 6-8 people, losing 2 or 3 to real life, boredom, or whatever is catastrophic.

Usually 75% of Hib pop is in the frontier when albs are out. Up until the past week, when numbers really got out of hand, they were having fun. Now they aren't, so they quit. The casuals enjoyed the palintone raids as much as anyone, because it was the ONE way to ensure some Albs would come fight. You say you only run a BG 2 to 3 times a week. we know. that's the only time we see any albs at all unless we palintone the relic, or try and ambush a late night keeptake crew, who usually get scarred and log once they see a hib. Our "Scorched Earth" policies are the only thing that keeps our casuals interested. It gives them some action. They don't want to mindlessly PvE keeps, otherwise they would have rolled Alb.

I laugh when Albs upgrade keeps to high levels. Keep level 4 or 5 isn't going to happen with any defense at all. If the keep is 6 or above, we couldn't take it if it was undefended. We don't have the manpower. We are lucky to get 6 people in a group for RvR, and that will be a mishmash of classes and levels, probably heavy to rangers, some sub 50's and most rr3 or less. I haven't SEEN a druid in 2 weeks. Could you imagine ALb without clerics or mid without healers?.

I'm not complaining. Hib has been outnumbered since this server launched, we are used to it. Do what you want. We will do what we can. Right now, no we don't want the pow relics. we don't want to fix the doors and couldn't defend them anyways. Str relics are a possibility, but why hurt Mid when Alb is the real enemy. Pop is cylical. It won't be this bad forever, a two weeks ago Hib was flying high. We will again.

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Aug 24, 2019 01:36

We also noticed you only had like 3-4 active players in RvR today, so we understand your frustration.
The last few times defending those keeps before we transfered to Alb we had like ~10 Hibs arround on RvR days... suddenly most of them seem to be gone.

Albs didn't stand a chance when Hibs defended level 8-10 keeps with a high ammount of archers arround, sometimes they even pulled off and went somewhere else (understandable). They even had trouble fighting the Mid premade openfield, since they usually lack dps.

Hib had Surs and Hurbury at level 10 and also Mids had Beno at level 9-10(?) at the point we transfered over. I don't think we screwed the balance when we went to Alb at this point. You also still had the numbers while defending Hurbury, actually Albs wiped the first time and succeeded on a second try later this evening. Apparently this changed and yes, something should be done, we need more players on this server.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 24, 2019 02:38

m0e wrote: we need more players on this server.

This is what it all boils down to. Everything else is really just wasted breath. Do what you need to do Romu, frankly I'd rather be in our position that yours. At least we have plenty of targets. Maybe in the future if you notice very little resistance to your BG considering splitting it into two forces. Might be more interesting for everyone.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 24, 2019 03:07

Cirath wrote:...There are no more casuals in Hib...

Our "Scorched Earth" policies are the only thing that keeps our casuals interested. It gives them some action....

I've spotted a conflict in your post. You see, if scorched earth was really a success, there would actually be a successful Hibernia...drinking ale in TNN laughing at your enemies.

Instead, Hibernia's on the forums dramatically throwing in the towel.

Go take your keeps back....if your ego will fit through the DL gate :-)

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 24, 2019 03:34

Oh we had plenty of fun and drank lots of Ale telling stories of all the Albs we killed at the Pow relic. Palintoning is our response to our low population, not the cause of it. To tell you the truth it was starting to get boring anyways. Nothing but volley scouts would show up anymore (Until the Lowi Bro's switched realms anyways, they caught us with our pants down the first time :lol:). The point wasn't to just damage doors, although that was a good side benefit and did lead to us taking some relics. The point was to get Albs to come out and fight. If you were paying attention you would know we took back plenty of keeps as well. You obviously didn't like us taking an Alb keep and fortifying it based on all the lvl 8+ keeps in Alb lately.

I'm sure you guys had some good stories too....

There's a disconnect here. Hibs don't like trading undefended keeps back and forth like you did with Mids. We think it's boring, cheap, and against the spirit of the game. Fundamental difference between Albs and Hibs: Albs want the keeps and the RP's they provide, if some easily beatable enemies show up, fine, as long as it doesn't threaten the success of the keep take. Hibs want the Albs and the rp's they provide (and provide often) we'll take the keep RP's, but it isn't the primary goal. There's a reason we all spend 100's of gold a week on healer bills: all those suicides chasing Albs around after they jump frontiers.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Aug 24, 2019 05:05

Speaking as a professional-casual-eraser^tm, romu-enrager, and mid phoenix-reroll-maker, I'd like to go on the record and say it is ok for our fellow ten hibs to take our keeps back.

Also, I like turtles.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 24, 2019 13:29

There was a fun dynamic until recently - I don't think I'm alone in enjoying it until perhaps a week or two ago. Things shifted and not in a good way. Was it the Lowi guys swapping to alb - well maybe but here's my perspective.

First tho, we are not throwing in the towel, we are just opting out takings keeps. We cannot defend against the numbers with the tiny amount of active players we have. So better to deny you the rps in the first place. Think about it for a few minutes and consider the intelligence to taking the time to take a keep, upgrading to lvl10 (the maximum possible) and then you waltz in and take it with very little real effort - just numbers. What could we do? Well we brought all that Hibernia could muster - 3 hibs (2 rangers and an animist). And this was with us waiting in the right keep at the the right time (or nearby). Other times, you have knocked down the first door with your triple ram pro-ness before a flame is seen (reduce flame timer to instant like I've said many times).

Anyhow, so we have 3 hibs. We cannot peek as I counted 5 scouts. Volley was covering most of the tower and we have basic self buffs, pots and no heals. We tried volley assist with our 2 rangers but didn't get any kills sadly - guess versus heals and buffed targets. Before we knew it, both doors are down and we jump off. Of course you try to score some kills on us but we escaped. Fremster tried a last ditch shroom attempt and got a few but pretty much it was a waste of effort.

Next we think: Get AMG Odins with our animists - maybe we can get a few kills as the zerg comes through, cos they won't take the hib keep - they will likely go Mid. We get there but Lowi twins are there already. Consider options now, go back to AMG but likely zerg will be there and Lowi twins still there. We can't attack you on a mid keep. Consider waiting in our remaining Hib keep as we watch flames on ther herald and the Mid keep fall. Yeh sounds boring and tedious and then even if you do come we can't beat you. Screw it, log time. Post on forum requesting any remaining Hibs to not take keeps back - although it's mostly us that do it, so I can just talk to like 2-3 hibs and it's done. I'm posting more as a courtesy to let you know. This sh*t show is stopping now. Thanks.

The relic blatting tactics don't work now as there are just too many scouts responding that just guard/relic keep hump - so as Cirath has mentioned, you've killed off interest from the other Hibs that were joining us. So they are just plain gone, anon or leveling alts. When we call for people to join us, they just aren't there or interested.

Alb activity we see:
1. Zerg and destroy. 3fg minimum usually.
2. A FG Keep takers that run away and log/disappear vs ANY single hib defender. (Astrillo, Scmitziwotsit etc. are main culprits I think)
3. Nothing at all.

So tell me - exactly what are Albs doing to help the "server" - our realm is not healthy right now and whether you like it or not, the way albs are playing is not helpful.

@Lowi twins, I know you just want to do what you guys want, but you have to understand that 2 players switching away from a low pop realm vs a big force (that you are adding to) - is a very big shift. And yes, in addition, we've had even lower number of people interested.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Nerthos
Warder

Postby Nerthos » Aug 24, 2019 14:43

maybe create some group chars and create a group (there is a known discord 8 man channel where hibs even try to setup a group again).

what do you expect with your rangers and stupid animists sitting in keeps? that is destroying the action that is about to form up again. i dont logg in to fight stupid animist sitting in keeps with romu zerg. And i think i can speak for all gpa/black ghosts who think about returning.

without romu the server would be completly dead, at least they are targets for enemies and attract real groups to fight them.
Kabalix/Sunna

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 24, 2019 15:11

kinthos wrote:...
2. A FG Keep takers that run away and log/disappear vs ANY single hib defender. (Astrillo, Scmitziwotsit etc. are main culprits I think)

Cast your mind back a couple of months...Hib was gaining some momentum, Solum Contego was getting a FG+ of up and coming hibbies on the battlefield every day. Most days started with taking a keep or two, and then we'd usually run into Schmie & Asti and had some pretty fun fights...This was pre-scorched earth Hib, and sometimes a certain NS would even help out those casual hibs:
sshot333.jpg

The population really hasn't changed...a few people switch between realms...but what is just hilarious to me, is that adopting this new idea of 1) Sit in a lvl 10 keep, or 2) Used bugged palintones to wreck relic doors, has driven off your casuals, and you don't see that connection. You even blame Albs for defending Myrddin as "killing the action."

Nothing has changed on Uthgard, other than this public, "We're too cool for keeps now" from RR7+ hibs, who refuse to lead anything other than lame palintone raids...and you rant here whining that your population is now /anon and doesn't want to play with you...

Exp-Demise has basically gone from being Swash-buckling Captain Jack Sparrow, who will help you kill a level 4 keep lord, or PA a Sorc to prevent a group from wiping on a keep....to Captain Ahab whos white whale is the doors @ Mryddin....and one of those characters was way more popular with his crew.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 24, 2019 15:20

You don't know what you are talking about. We all have a bunch of group characters. I have a chanter, eld and blademaster as well as the nightshade and ranger. All 50 and temped.
The others have more. All those different hibs you see? its the same 5 of us playing them. We all log characters in all three realms outside different keeps so we can move quickly and react to the AlbDodge lol. We are out roaming in smallman groups constantly. There are always hibs in the frontiers. What do we see? Nothing. Albs only come out as a zerg. So we are stuck sitting in a keep because 5 v 30 open field isn't an option. Im just glad its us who's outnumbeted so badly, if the situation were reversed there would be zero action at all. It can be great fun. Its very satisfying wiping your whole zerg with 3-6 of us. There have been some great times

The time when 6 of us sieged 2 full groups of albs inside of beno for over an hour before we finally rangered the door down and found they had all logged off.

The time FOUR hibs killed the entire Alb zerg /stuck on Romu as they left Lamfhota on their victory parade, saving the relics and winning Skullbone MvP

The time we had a rare FG of hibs (not all 50 or a druid among them, thats crazy talk) and we pulled Albzerg off Eras straight into a shroomtrap and wiped them.

Any time at the relic keep where 6 or more Albs huddle together afraid of 2 or 3 hibs palintoning the doors.

Im sure you guys have some great stories too.

Next

Return to Realm versus Realm