Hibernia signing off.

Talk about your RvR experience here
Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Aug 24, 2019 17:37

Interesting summary to see what ´s going on or not, on this server currently. This would be the perfect moment were Blue or some other staff members approach and says "hey, we have good news, we finished something and it will be released next week and will be decent" , as a result the playernumbers would increase, and the brave souls still playing here get a medal of honor for being still here all these months of server emptiness. This scenario won ´t happen, but it would be cool. 8)

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 24, 2019 19:28

Basically what has happened in the last month, is exactly what Malinus said would happen...

Hibs adopt a scorched earth (/rude to Uthgard, as Malinus put it) play style, favorable to the RR7+ players returning from Voldemort...and the action that we saw building for the last 6 months dwindles. Hib was full of fresh RR2-3 players, active everyday, taking keeps & fighting the other realms....now they're gone....and so the action they brought.

Taking a step back for a moment...
Albs have been doing the same thing for months.
Mids have been doing the same thing for months.
One month after Hibbys go full "scorched earth" there's no more casual Hibs showing up to RvR...and that's somehow the fault of Alb/Mid, or even the staff?
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 24, 2019 20:28

Solum Contego stopped being active before I came back from that other server. a lot of the folks you say Hib had out "every day" have been gone for months. why is that? who knows. Its a game. people have better things to do with their time (or like you, they went back to Alb).

Go look at my post from Aug 11th. Action was good then no? There was an Alb group, a Mid group, and a Hib group running around Hadrians all afternoon. That's much better than palintoning relics or hitting keeps in our opinion. The ONLY reason we palintone the power relics is because it's the only way to get less than 30 Albs out in the frontier. Action was good last week. We know why Hibs stopped logging in, because they say so. They log on during a Saturday afternoon, see 25-30 Albs running around say "oh look, Albs are zerging again" in /as or /lfg, and log off.

There are 10 (50) hibs on right now in /who. 2 level 50's (including me), 1 48, the other 7 are below level 20. Palintoning relics and not taking back keeps (and relics) that can't be defended is a direct response to this. Sorry it doesn't fit your scorched earth narrative, whatever that is. Last week when we had all hib keeps and a lvl 10 Da Behn, what happened? 30 Albs showed up and steamrolled them all against 5 hib defenders lol. Guess Hibs should have just built better groups.

If you think it's so simple Bonz, you are MORE than welcome to come on back to Hib and try it. Even 2 or 3 core RvR folks would make a world of difference.

(p.s. I should just stop responding to this, as it obviously isn't going anywhere, but it's the only place I can engage with Albs at a less than 4 to 1 ratio)

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Aug 24, 2019 21:05

Grahmdal wrote: Hib was full of fresh RR2-3 players, active everyday, taking keeps & fighting the other realms....now they're gone....and so the action they brought.

One month after Hibbys go full "scorched earth" there's no more casual Hibs showing up to RvR...and that's somehow the fault of Alb/Mid, or even the staff?

Lol, you are delusional. I have been back for two and a half months (not one month like you keep saying) and didn't even play Phoenix as you so love go on about. I also don't know even know of these fgh you keep talking about... They must've left as I came back. Sounds like you also abandoned hib around that time as well.

The awesome 16-30 man romu zerg continued to take almost every single keep vs 2-8 hibs since I've returned (but they usually leave one keep because romu is a good guy). We weren't doing great TBH until the lowi twins started wrecking the romu zerg. Then we started to be able to make a full group on some days. Lowi's were gone for a week or two awhile back and we were right back to not having a chance. Romu raided multiple days in a row to get his relics back. Almost never vs more than a FGH. Some more people left after our relics were taken the last time.

Meanwhile the hib population has continued to bleed. We really started palintoning you guys non stop when albs had all 6 relics. And it kinda worked since mid got their relics back. It seems to tilt you guys too, so that is pretty fun. I loved a lot of the relic fights, although it might be boring when you are huddled up with 2x+ numbers inside.

We take back keeps all the time and have had behn at lvl 10 many times. Most of the times that we took Bold in alb we captured back the full set of hib keeps before hand. Last time you guys took lvl 10 behn we had one defender online I think. Then for lvl 9 scath we had 5. Fun stuff.

It has gotten pretty boring fighting a giant zerg or nothing. Or sometimes we get to have one fight vs Guardians of Flight outnumbered 2:1.

Really the main issue is lack of server population. Or you can blame the two returning hibs for not leaving level 1 keeps with lvl 4 doors for everyone to trade over and over.

Gilded
Myrmidon

Postby Gilded » Aug 25, 2019 02:15

While some of you make good points, the biggest issue clearly is population PER realm. There are simply too many Albs notably in EU timezones. Highly doubt that will change unless a guild decides to migrate to Mid or Hib soon. People will not be coming back from other games... we would have seen that already.

And also I'm highly disappointed fellow Albs just decimated the frontiers and took pretty much every keep possible this past week a few times. As one of the few NA (EDT) Albs remaining, knowing there will be jack to do logging in is sad, so I can imagine what its like in the other realms.

As for Hibs commenting here... serious question. Where is ONE druid so you CAN roam a bit more, defend better, attack better, carry more rams, not rely on self buffs, gain resists and heals? All I've seen for 2 months are rangers, rangers and more rangers. I mean its lolz none of you are willing to roll and play a Druid long term. Do all of you need to see your name for deathspam or something? Hell you could PL one Druid and have it geared and rdy for RvR in 2 weeks flat, or sooner.

Hib was doing not too shabby 3 months ago (again speaking as NA EDT) with 6-8 out several times a week (as balanced a roaming group can be). Then within 1-2 weeks they disappeared and it was rangers, asshats and animists outnumbering any other class in your realm by a longshot. You guys are completely culpable in your own demise imho.

I actually posted in Trade last month and was looking for a plats xfer to Hib.... 150 people read the post and zero replies, zero PM's. No "hey man I'll help you lvl a bit" or "I can't xfer 10plats but how about 5?" Just crickets. Was toying with actually playing a Druid again (had a high RR Druid on live 15+ years ago and the nostalgia factor is strong heh) but there is no way I'm starting from scratch on a low pop realm and there is no way to solo a Druid well regardless.

August is generally the slowest month for gaming; summer ending, school starting for some, etc.. If you guys just stop retaking keeps and Mid doesn't pick up in the next 2-3 months I feel the server will be in its final phase and won't be able to sustain itself by year end (hope I'm wrong).

What has happened to the server is hugely disappointing. The lack of tasking or something added to spice things up is long overdue and the addition of Claret a few month ago was, sorry GM's, epic fail, Whatever resources were spent adding this shoulda been used elsewhere.

Didn't mean this to be a rant but... there ya go :cry:

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 25, 2019 04:44

I would imagine none of us replied, because we don't have any plats in Alb to trade. If you are interested in coming to Hib, come. We'll get you guilded and help you level, etc. we run PL session when we can (read as: our xp keeps havn't been taken by 30 Albs). We welcome anyone serious about coming to Hib with open arms. Ask Vanquish. Log in on Hib and message someone in xpd. Come see it from our side of the fence.

In the past month there are maybe 3 or 4 out of the 10-15 hibs that have been in RvR that play druid. Sadly, none have been around the past week or so. Spy also has a druid, but frankly, when it is 5 V 30 at a keep, you need DPS. killing enemies wins fights, not letting them kill you slower. We'd much rather roam than defend keeps, but when the odds are what they are, we are forced to defend. And the most efficient way to do that is animists, rangers, and casters.

We roamed all afternoon today, and did ok. Mids were out with a FG, Albs were out with 6 or so. We had 8 hibs grouped at one point (4 level 50's, 4 level 45 or lower. 2 bards, no druids, but a lvl 42 warden). We were inc'ing a balanced mid group mostly rr6 and up, cause we'd prefer that over sitting in a keep. We roam smallman most days. Come out as a smallman and look for us. Mids do. Pull some guards. Make some noise. But don't do it as 8-16 when there are only 4 hibs on.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Aug 25, 2019 07:12

Good points.

When you are constantly fighting vs 20-30 albs or are severely outnumbered (almost always the case), rangers are quite helpful for keep defense. Same with animists. Keeps are where 95% of all fights take place nowadays... so that is why you always see rangers and animists. If we have 1-6 players online to defend, many end up logging rangers or animists so we can stand a chance.

In the rare occasion we can build up to 7-8 people and aren't insanely outnumbered, we always prefer real casters to a ranger or animist.

I think Albs might overestimate how many hibs there actually are because most are just the same people jumping between alts. There is one eldritch playing on hib (and usually has to play the bard). I am the only mentalist on hib. Nanwin has an eld but almost always has to play enchanter every time because we lack 50 enchanters and need dps because we are less than 6 players.

The same goes for druids. We don't have many. We've lost three of them in the last 1-4 weeks. Those three all had limited playtime already (we were lucky to have just one of them online), and none of them played during europe primetime except for the occasional weekend or if they were sick and didn't go into work.
Last edited by Skullbones on Aug 25, 2019 07:42, edited 1 time in total.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Aug 25, 2019 07:25

And I read your post trying to trade plats from alb to hib. I have no desire to play alb so there's no need to trade plats to alb. Some expedient demise members went to play Mid during the tiny period when hibs were doing alright because we noticed no mids out RVRing. Romu took hib relics within two days of us transfering. Then we noticed there were hardly any hibs able to get numbers to RVR without us. And we also liked hib more so we went back.

I can guarantee that no active expedient demise member (9 people or so) has the desire to go play alb. Except maybe you could trade fremster since he has an alb. That is he isn't broke from playing on a realm where it is harder to make money and things like respec stones are 5p+ because dragon hasn't been killed all year.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 25, 2019 09:33

Yeh I will play my druid happily too but most of the time we just don't have the numbers for another support and go with DPS instead.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Aug 27, 2019 08:40

i hear excuses~
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 27, 2019 09:47

virulent- wrote:i hear excuses~

I hear ignorance.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Aug 27, 2019 11:11

Asking your fellow hibernians to not take any keeps doesn't help the server.

Organizing action in DAOC usually generates more action. Taking keeps means people are able to come back and retake the keeps. Also you will have a chance to defend and gain rps.

Attacking Relic keeps in whatever manner generates action, so keep on doing this.

I salute Skullbones (Among others) for the action he is generating on the server. You have the right mentality and don't quickly give up when odds aren't stacked in your favor. You can be quite annoying to fight btw. :twisted:

Albs are fortunate that they have someone like Romu around who organizes frequent BG's. I am sure more mids/hibs would be here if their realm would have someone like that around.

People should not be afraid to give rps away to the other realms (or retreat from a keep when one enemy is inside.). Fight / Learn and try again with another tactic.

Its a game. sometimes you win sometimes you loose.

2-3 weeks ago there were some nice fga/fgm/fgh fights in Hadrians Wall. It gave me some hope for the future.

Maybe we should open up some communication channel to discuss / organize fights in emain/ hadrians or odins and ignore the keeps. Albeit for 1 evening a week. It might pick up the action.
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Aug 27, 2019 11:20

spymistress,

i lack empathy from your original post on this thread. it sounds to me that u are complaining about albs having more ppl than hibs (which is true). however, if the tables were turned, i wouldn't be complaining because i would see it as more action and more rp's to be had. i wish alb was the underpopulated realm. stop qq'ing cus u and the other hibs sound like lil b***hes.
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Aug 27, 2019 11:24

Gremon wrote:Maybe we should open up some communication channel to discuss / organize fights in emain/ hadrians or odins and ignore the keeps. Albeit for 1 evening a week. It might pick up the action.

organize fights? no...this isn't WoW arena. this is daoc, and what makes daoc great is the element of surprise. get outta here with that bs nonsense.

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Aug 27, 2019 11:48

virulent- wrote:
Gremon wrote:Maybe we should open up some communication channel to discuss / organize fights in emain/ hadrians or odins and ignore the keeps. Albeit for 1 evening a week. It might pick up the action.

organize fights? no...this isn't WoW arena. this is daoc, and what makes daoc great is the element of surprise. get outta here with that bs nonsense.

Just throwing up some ideas.
Don't bite my head off when I try to contribute is a positive way.
Whats WoW Arena anyways? :D
emain is big enough to hide right? I'm not saying stand in the middle of the bowl and wait for the enemy to show up.
I expect some roaming to be part of the equation.
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm