Albion seriously?

Talk about your RvR experience here
Crisp
Warder

Postby Crisp » Jul 13, 2019 23:06

All you do is keep traiding with midgard and you avoid even one single ranger ?

you got the best populated realm and thats your solution to not wipe your zerg to a 6/8 grp(no druid)?
what do you wanna achiev with this, all you do is drive away the last RvR active ppl.

for what reason do you farm Keep RP's,to take unclaimed undefended keeps faster?

@Staff please remove or reduce the RP's for empty keeps drasticly all it does is encourage ppl to trade keeps with upgraded doors
and dodge defenders.

Keep RP's was a intensive to take them for DF and RK Guards and not to have an EZ way to farm RP's

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Jul 15, 2019 10:48

Regarding last Saturday.

We would love to come to Hibernia, but lvl 6+ keeps are a no go with the groups that we could fit together, even with 1 defender inside. (Not early evening anyways.)

When we started early evening, we were wiped with a group of 6 I believe @ hlids (Hib owned) by 1 ranger + 1 hunter. (Getting Volleyed with 600+ damage makes you respect the rangers that are out there these days.) So going to Hib frontier and taking lvl 4 keeps that were close to your portal keeps didn't appeal to us. (Had we known the doors were lvl 1, maybe we would have gone there.)

We came to Hibernia late evening (EU) and took on the lvl 4 keeps which had lvl 1 doors. the hibs that came to defend wiped us after we left the last keep. Maybe if door levels were higher (They were lvl 1), the hibs could have defended the keeps.

Our zerg? you mean the 12 albs we had at a certain point. (Agreed compared to the (almost?) fg the mids and hibs had running around that's a zerg…...)

If there are upgraded doors+keeps out there, it means that you have a chance to defend, as they are tougher and harder to take. So you should be able to run inside and start harassing us. (So upgrade doors and keeps. (Not too high.))

Mids and Albs upgrade their keep doors (Usually to lvl 4) and Hibs usually don't. Higher keep/doors is more rps, so yes we go for more rps, like you would as well.
(Apologies to the mids of saturday evening that we didn't upgrade all the doors back up to lvl 4. We sometimes were in a hurry to skedaddle it outta there.)

Mids were out there and willing to confront us. they missed us twice as we suicided on mtk Hadrians and Svasud I believe. (Not knowing they were coming out.)

Stop moaning and start getting off your ass. You need to start outsmarting us so you can kill us. We are not lambs but albs.

These rangers are able to show up where we go, so you should be able to do the same. You guys usually have a bard, so should be able to react.
(Also Horses + Realm snare + Invig pots can get you places quickly.)

Engage us and don't stay at a keep waiting for us to attack.
A lvl 8 keep can only be taken by 2fg+ so don't sit there all evening when we roam with 1fg+.

Its easy to intercept us. 1) Buy/Make invig pots. 2) Take hastener speed before you port to another realm. (When the porter starts porting, run outside take hastener and run back inside and take the 2nd port.)

What more can I say. Saturday was a very nice evening for us albs. Mids were unlucky imo. Hibs also had some wins, so why complain?

Gremon (Guardians of Light).
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

Teisiphone
Guardian

Postby Teisiphone » Jul 15, 2019 17:10

Gremon wrote:We would love to come to Hibernia, but lvl 6+ keeps are a no go with the groups that we could fit together, even with 1 defender inside. (Not early evening anyways.)

This already sums up the core of the mentality problem we're having here. Hibs constantly knock on your lvl 6+ keeps with the full bongo setups we manage to get together so we get some of you actually out to defend. Why don't you? I fail to understand how the 20+- players Albion can still regularly field are having fun with raiding unclaimed, empty keeps. And if Hibs ever manage to get to some keep in time and give you a fight (even on open field), there's no rethinking on your side to change maybe the strategy and come back, no, it's usually full dodge for the rest of the evening unless you can bring 10 people more. And you always seem to have enough clerics, so some ranger(s) really shouldn't be a problem.

Crisp is very right that this dodge-culture is driving away the last opponents you have in RvR. Personally I'd really like to play more on Uth again but it's just exhausting and frustrating to chase an Alb zerg through all the realms with a group of 5-8 maximum. And we're certainly none of the muh-high-RR mid bogeyman groups that are apparently impossible to beat for you which makes the whole cat-and-mouse even more absurd.

Crisp
Warder

Postby Crisp » Jul 16, 2019 05:06

Gremon wrote:Regarding last Saturday.

We would love to come to Hibernia, but lvl 6+ keeps are a no go with the groups that we could fit together, even with 1 defender inside. (Not early evening anyways.)

When we started early evening, we were wiped with a group of 6 I believe @ hlids (Hib owned) by 1 ranger + 1 hunter. (Getting Volleyed with 600+ damage makes you respect the rangers that are out there these days.) So going to Hib frontier and taking lvl 4 keeps that were close to your portal keeps didn't appeal to us. (Had we known the doors were lvl 1, maybe we would have gone there.)

We came to Hibernia late evening (EU) and took on the lvl 4 keeps which had lvl 1 doors. the hibs that came to defend wiped us after we left the last keep. Maybe if door levels were higher (They were lvl 1), the hibs could have defended the keeps.

Our zerg? you mean the 12 albs we had at a certain point. (Agreed compared to the (almost?) fg the mids and hibs had running around that's a zerg…...)

If there are upgraded doors+keeps out there, it means that you have a chance to defend, as they are tougher and harder to take. So you should be able to run inside and start harassing us. (So upgrade doors and keeps. (Not too high.))

Mids and Albs upgrade their keep doors (Usually to lvl 4) and Hibs usually don't. Higher keep/doors is more rps, so yes we go for more rps, like you would as well.
(Apologies to the mids of saturday evening that we didn't upgrade all the doors back up to lvl 4. We sometimes were in a hurry to skedaddle it outta there.)

Mids were out there and willing to confront us. they missed us twice as we suicided on mtk Hadrians and Svasud I believe. (Not knowing they were coming out.)

Stop moaning and start getting off your ass. You need to start outsmarting us so you can kill us. We are not lambs but albs.

These rangers are able to show up where we go, so you should be able to do the same. You guys usually have a bard, so should be able to react.
(Also Horses + Realm snare + Invig pots can get you places quickly.)

Engage us and don't stay at a keep waiting for us to attack.
A lvl 8 keep can only be taken by 2fg+ so don't sit there all evening when we roam with 1fg+.

Its easy to intercept us. 1) Buy/Make invig pots. 2) Take hastener speed before you port to another realm. (When the porter starts porting, run outside take hastener and run back inside and take the 2nd port.)

What more can I say. Saturday was a very nice evening for us albs. Mids were unlucky imo. Hibs also had some wins, so why complain?

Gremon (Guardians of Light).

I was talking about your 26 ppl zerg on wednesday vs bard 3 ranger 2 ns

fyi i am one of the rangers chasing you throu the realms but it is frustrating
you guys got superior numbers allways and we face you with 6 ppl ... but you dodge anyway

whats the point upgrading doors when you place 4 rams outer (lol) and 3 on inner
gl with 150% speed and endu pots get even to beno/bled after 3 min flame delay if we cant get better intel on your location
its not fun from our side

saturday you guys wiped us and mids few times and at ailline it was equal numbers we just had luck getting good inc on you

MARGHY
Warder

Postby MARGHY » Jul 16, 2019 14:51

Teisiphone wrote: I fail to understand how the 20+- players Albion can still regularly field are having fun with raiding unclaimed, empty keeps.
And we're certainly none of the muh-high-RR mid bogeyman groups that are apparently impossible to beat for you which makes the whole cat-and-mouse even more absurd.

Hello,welcome to Uthgard, this has been happening for years now. Unfortunately the Albion realm has a mentality that can't be changed, this is what they wanna do, this is what they have done from the start of this shard.
The tactic of raiding unclaimed empty keeps and constantly dodging fights while having a zerg is old news. Really old news.

This has been done over and over again guided by the valiant alb leaders with a plethora of different excuses every time - and there were so many vocal people on the forums saying that they don't have a choice because <insert absurd reason here>...

We all know who they are, there is no use to name them - but it does give me a large grin that now when the oh so scary high rr mid toons haven't even touched this empty server in many months, these albs are doing the exact same thing.

Just have a look at the Herald and check these people out. 6L5 with 1.8K kills is pretty self explanatory. That's what they do and that's what they like. Zerg, player vs door and dodge as much as possible.
Waiting for someone to come and further defend this behaviour and explain how this is actually fine ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Jul 16, 2019 20:30

And you dogded one scout with your ,what fg yesterday @surs?!
Hillarious, its like comenting on who started a stealthzerg^^

Kraehe

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Jul 16, 2019 20:33

Ans while we're pointing fingers at each other... think about lagjumping The wallcrown at albtower...
Maybe someday a gm will watch u doing this

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jul 16, 2019 23:19

You think we just sit in a keep waiting for you? hardly. We spend the whole night running around looking for you trying to guess where you will pop up next. Its difficult when Albs switch realms after every keeptake, whether they encounter resistance or not. I've heard of pre-kiting, but pre-dodging seems to be a new tactic. If we can find you we will inc you, simple as that. Hell we inc'd 2fg of Albs sitting in lvl 4 beno 3 times the other night with our druidless group of 6, cause you know, RvR is fun. We died twice, but eventually were able to kill alot of albs and break in. Of course, the remaining Albs had all logged off inside the keep mid siege by that time in another typical Alb move. Alb behavior suggests to me that you really prefer undefended keeps to PvE, rather than fighting other players. Otherwise why do you work so hard at avoiding engagements against half your numbers?

We upgrade our keeps to 6+ for two reasons. One: we know you won't hit them and it shrinks the possible pool of unclaimed level 1 keeps you will go to next when we are hunting you. Two: no free PvE rp pinatas for the late night Alb crew. So, no, you can expect high lvl keeps in Hib. And we won't be upgrading doors for you to PvE lvl 1 keeps.

This made me lol. :grin:

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jul 16, 2019 23:37

Sumosan wrote:And you dogded one scout with your ,what fg yesterday @surs?!
Hillarious, its like comenting on who started a stealthzerg^^

Kraehe

Sounds like a misunderstanding here. I have not seen a Hib group avoid Albs or Mids for ANY reason over the past month. If Albs greatly outnumber hibs, which is normal, we might wait until Albs are engaged on a keep with guards, or try to get inside, but we will inc them.

I'm guessing, being an Alb, that you just don't understand typical Hib motivations here. You see, we don't like to take keeps. We only generally bother if there are Albs worth killing inside, we just wiped a bunch of Albs who kindly already knocked the doors down for us, or we think it will bring some Albs out for some action. The keeps are a necessary evil to get to those juicy Alb rp's. On the other side of things, Albs seem to prefer RP's from the keeps themselves, and want nothing to do with any defenders or the chance of getting caught in the open field between keeps.

So what I'm guessing went on here (I wasn't there) was that the Hibs hit surs to try and pull some Albs out, decided one single scout who was probably just going to jump and run or (more likely) log port out inside once the doors were almost down, wasn't worth the mind numbing effort of PvEing doors, and went to look for the Alb BG which had probably just flamed a keep in Midgard.

If Albs prefer keeptakes, that is fine. We'll continue to hunt you. Just know if any lvl 50 hibs are online, we'll be trying to catch you somewhere, you can never truly PvE in peace.

And we DO appreciate when Romu is on. If nothing else he at least seems to be interested in some action. This may or may not have always been the case, but in my experience lately Romu is the least likely Alb leader to try and dodge us.
Last edited by Cirath on Jul 16, 2019 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Jul 17, 2019 00:22

Not a FG... we had 1 bard, 3 ranger and a level ~35 enchanter in group. Our intention was not to raid a keep, we didn't even had rams. We were out to kill the FG albs exping at the giants (dalur told us about em), but only found 2 guys at the spot waiting for others to show up. So we decided to kill them and went on to sauvage asap.

Some of those expers used the horse route from Surs to Castle Sauvage, but we only managed to pick one of them off that horse. Then we moved on to Surs to set it on fire, but our bard already told us he had to leave in a few minutes. We had no rams, just shot the first door down and left it at 1%. Then the bard had to leave, so we did a quick run to snowdonia, just to check if some albs are on the way to Surs and the bard logged.

We noticed you were attacking us at Surs and we were prepared to catch you incase you start a second try, but you didn't show up again. I guess you went into the inner tower, since the door was nearly down. But why would we want to raid a level 4 keep with 4.5 ppl in group, no rams and also the bard leaving before the first door was down?

Sumosan wrote:... think about lagjumping The wallcrown at albtower...

You can get up there without any exploits, alot of players are doing it... just try it out.

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Jul 17, 2019 06:04

m0e wrote:

You can get up there without any exploits, alot of players are doing it... just try it out.

No you shouldn't. It's like saying everyone can climb enemy stairs in df, just try it out

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Jul 17, 2019 09:20

There is a huge difference... you can't climb the DF stairs without lagjump exploiting, but you can get ontop of the wallcrown at albion keep roofs just by taking speed and pressing the jump button at the right time. Same thing happened at the relic keep when some mids got into the house above the first door, just by pressing the jump button.

Because some ppl don't know how to do it doesn't mean there must be some exploit involved. This is like joining a Quake 3 server and asking the server admin to ban ppl for doing strafe-, circle- and rocketjumps, just because you think this stuff was not intended by developers. If it wasn't intended, they would just change it or add mechanics to prevent it, like they done by placing two high level guards at DF entrance back then.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Jul 17, 2019 10:49

m0e wrote:There is a huge difference... you can't climb the DF stairs without lagjump exploiting, but you can get ontop of the wallcrown at albion keep roofs just by taking speed and pressing the jump button at the right time. Same thing happened at the relic keep when some mids got into the house above the first door, just by pressing the jump button.

Because some ppl don't know how to do it doesn't mean there must be some exploit involved. This is like joining a Quake 3 server and asking the server admin to ban ppl for doing strafe-, circle- and rocketjumps, just because you think this stuff was not intended by developers. If it wasn't intended, they would just change it or add mechanics to prevent it, like they done by placing two high level guards at DF entrance back then.

You really think the developers of DAoC/Mythic intended this jump thing at Alb keeps and relics alone? The fix came when NF was added.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Jul 17, 2019 12:19

Regarding the Beno fight. That was a nice one. I logged out as well, but that was not because I wanted to log, but I needed to log. It was a long fight and I needed to get up early morning. Was a nice fight.
Don't always assume the worst.

I also think that jumping on the top wall of Beno is such a big thing.

Jumping inside the room above 1st relic keep door is imo. The window is just too wide, so those mids with them small hips can jump right through. Design flaw.

On... Monday we saw Surz was under attack. I went there with my Sorc from snow fort and was killed.
Formed a group @ Sauvage and went to look for the hibs, but never found them (We looked allover the place.) So we started taking keeps..
Ended at Ailienne killing solo hibs as they came trickling in. (/salute)

Anyways. we try our best to go into frontier zones and try confront you. As long as we all get a piece of the pie I am content.

Cya on the battlefield.
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Jul 17, 2019 13:45

Satiah wrote:You really think the developers of DAoC/Mythic intended this jump thing at Alb keeps and relics alone? The fix came when NF was added.

In this case, noone knows if they intentionally made it possible, but im sure they knew by adding jump mechanics to the game, they would give players the option to reach spots that otherwise won't be reachable.

The thing is, Kraehe said some players would abuse exploits (lagjumps) to get up there, but this remains untrue. If Kraehe said "thats an unfair advantage since you can reach the ram guy" we can talk about it and maybe also about the disadvantages of being stacked in one place and every enemy being aware of you showing up exactly at this point and how to counter it (gtae?, instant aoe mezz/stun mids?).

Btw, i wouldn't go that far and call NF a "fix" to anything, but thats just my opinion. :wink:

@Germon Thanks for providing your view and i agree, should not always expect the worst of your enemy. It rly was getting late at Beno and about the Surs thing, there was no point in running arround after the bard left us, so we also took a break. Too bad you wasted your time searching for us.

Next

Return to Realm versus Realm