Albion seriously?

Talk about your RvR experience here
Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Sep 12, 2019 01:24

Skullbones wrote:And no, we won't upgrade keep doors on our level 1 keeps so you guys can play level 1 keep take simulator and change frontiers after every keep you take. Mid and alb can do that, but know that if it is a hib keep you will have to actually earn your rps.

TBH, it's been funny to watch the Hibernian playstyle change...a couple of high RR players come back and decide Hib is too cool for keeptakes & door upgrading. As though you perceive Uthgards population state to be caused by keep-centered action. The simple truth, is that for months, there have been more giant RvR zones (12) than active players in them...and keep fights have been the only source of action for Uthgard regulars...roaming has been dead for the better part of a year. Personally, I got to have four 3-on-3 fights (even in the bonus zone!) last week...and that is freaking memorable.

What's really funny, is that the past two days have seen a lot more action...and...it started with a handful of people taking keeps!

And what's really really funny, is that now that the RR7+ Hibs have stopped (seemingly?) playing again...Hibs aren't ashamed to keep dodge like the best of them: (all level 1 undefended keeps)
hibdodge.jpg

And what's just hilarious, is help windswept wraiths kill naked Hibbies, when they need a quick, sneaky ride back to their Siege Merchants =)

I won't even poke fun @ Hibs today for not coming back after encountering the two Albs in RvR...please just come out tomorrow =)
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Recknar
Guardian

Postby Recknar » Sep 14, 2019 21:58

Want to start by thanking the albs for holding the will to come out and still create rvr content, it has been fun at times and I also give alot of credit to albion players that are also willing to come out even when they are outnumbered. I have experienced zerg or nothing realms too and yeah it can be a mood killer too so kudos to you guys and keep on plugging.

I would ask that you guys make just one consideration. I am not sure if it's a pride thing to wake up and see the frontier absolutley all red or whatever, and if it is that's fine too, little RP never killed anybody "than i know of". However when you guys are smashing un-temped sub 50's "Which is also okay" after all it is war. If you guys can help yourselves leave a couple of EXP keeps behind so some folks can reach 50 and come out more often to play war games with you. I understand a counter argument is just to take the keeps and upgrade them to a level that surpasses the maximum effort threshold of some players and I am not here to argue that. Simply saying if you like the RvR as much as I think you do, let your opposing realms get bodies up to come out and meet you on the battle field formally. I also hope "If and when" you guys start getting your asses handed to you, that you continue to come out like you guys have and don't fall into the whole "OMG were not rvr champs anymore im rage logging, don't feed em RPs excuses, I hate "X" realm they always kill us for RPs lololol. With that said I am not saying grab your trio and go charging into 2 FG's.

One more thing, when your defending a keep, be a damn CAPTAIN and sink with your ship instead of harassing and then logging out before the doors drop. I'm sure all realms have done this to all other realms, i'm just saying don't be a P****, goes for all realms.

4lex
Guardian

Postby 4lex » Sep 15, 2019 23:28

Recknar wrote:One more thing, when your defending a keep, be a damn CAPTAIN and sink with your ship instead of harassing and then logging out before the doors drop. I'm sure all realms have done this to all other realms, i'm just saying don't be a P****, goes for all realms.

Couldn't agree more on this. It's a vicious cycle imo - the sort of "well their realm has logged out on me before so why should I gift RP to them this time" mentality.

Easily fixed too, here would be my suggestion: Anyone logging out in the keep "region" while it is under seige, adds X amount (double, triple, whatever) of the RP they would have been worth, to the RP pool of the keep.

I'm no coder, but it doesn't sound like a too complicated set of arguments to implement either. Is there a proper place to make these sort of suggestions?

Btw, nice post in general Recknar :)

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Sep 16, 2019 17:16

It's pretty cheesy to be able to /quit inside a keep under siege...honestly, there's probably some tweaks to keep fights in general that could make them more dynamic. I do think that completing RvR missions should be a higher priority though...that would open up the dynamics of RvR in general.

With that said though, one thing that wouldn't require altering the game at all, and would make keep fights more interesting:

Fix Issue 4917! Ballistas should be able to blow up enemy rams quickly! This would open up so many more dynamic ways to defend a keep...Uthgard is sort of missing out on a fair amount of original content in sieges with this bug. If rams could be countered with a ballista, then the trebuchet becomes something actually worth bringing to a fight...should attackers try to melee a door. Upgrading doors would also be a logical part of keep defense. Groups of attackers might actually think to bring their own counter-palintones as well...or even trebuchets of their own for extended sieges.

All in all, I think a simple bug fix could help to extend keep siege fights, and make them more fun for both attackers and defenders.

Potentially, the attacker/defender bonus could also account for enemy siege destroyed as well...
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Apr 20, 2020 15:47

Interesting read. Guess people don't change.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Apr 21, 2020 14:37

Oh nice thread, missed that one on the first go. Server didn't age a bit

Previous

Return to Realm versus Realm