Talk about your RvR experience here
Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » Mar 21, 2019 10:53

10 people leave for 1 ban?????

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Mar 21, 2019 13:35

Galandriel4 wrote:10 people leave for 1 ban?????

?
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Mar 21, 2019 15:25

Daetren wrote:
Galandriel4 wrote:10 people leave for 1 ban?????

?

I guess he's talking about Ripbro and his guild :D.
It is what it is.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Mar 23, 2019 18:51

Daetren wrote:Thank you for you insight sir! I miss our fights too! I'm still around if you stumble back for a few!

Indeed! Best fight we had was something like a 20 minute stalemate in Breifine. I think during that time we both resisted spells that would have killed / lead to a kill. Intense battle :)

erock25
Warder

Postby erock25 » Mar 25, 2019 07:20

God I love the dumpster fire that this forum and server have become

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Apr 01, 2019 15:10

erock25 wrote:God I love the dumpster fire that this forum and server have become

Im not, im actually really sad. I logged on and it was 4 none anon 50´s online. Was close to make be cry.

I asked over and over about news after the pot change (7-8months ago)
When i came back to take a look, same front page and still no news. :cry:

Shining
Myrmidon

Postby Shining » Apr 01, 2019 16:16

News are evil!! :gaga:

Dogmanx
Guardian

Postby Dogmanx » Apr 07, 2019 18:35

About rvr , problem big maps low rvr actioan , if some one want keeps take zerg vs zerg ok go emain , some people want 1 vs 1 or 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5 make map like thidranki or u lose all players

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Apr 07, 2019 23:45

I mean...the bonus zone for solo/duo/trio should work for that...but I think either nobody really solos anymore...or they just do a lap of the known fz xp spots and call it.

I've run around the bonus zone quite a bit on my chanter while solo...and I've not seen anybody.

IMO some sort of RvR task will help so much to generate more solo/small action. I think things are a bit stale ATM...it seems to be groups fighting for keeps, hunting xp'ers, or trying to pick off stragglers getting to the keep take groups.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Apr 07, 2019 23:47

At this point i think you guys need a form of Thidranki map

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Apr 08, 2019 07:03

Grahmdal wrote:I mean...the bonus zone for solo/duo/trio should work for that...but I think either nobody really solos anymore...or they just do a lap of the known fz xp spots and call it.

I've run around the bonus zone quite a bit on my chanter while solo...and I've not seen anybody.

IMO some sort of RvR task will help so much to generate more solo/small action. I think things are a bit stale ATM...it seems to be groups fighting for keeps, hunting xp'ers, or trying to pick off stragglers getting to the keep take groups.

Just need uthgard1 back with a bit of QoL, at least RvR active players who are actually educated on the game would return and we'd have action. Whiners would still whine on forum, but any RvR oriented player wouldn't care that some nimrod thinks other players "abusing bugs, being high realm rank and their realm being too strong" is the reason why they can't compete. And if they don't want to reroll on uth1 and complain about high realm ranks, even better. This keep take simulator the server has become and uthgard staff catering to people who run massive BGs and suicide to switch zones and take 30 mins break after taking lvl 1 keeps to avoid inc is definitely what we don't need. It is what it is, we have some big egos among the uthgard staff and I don't think they'll ever admit they did anything wrong.
It is what it is.

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Apr 08, 2019 08:25

Valfar wrote:Just need uthgard1 back with a bit of QoL, at least RvR active players who are actually educated on the game would return and we'd have action. Whiners would still whine on forum, but any RvR oriented player wouldn't care that some nimrod thinks other players "abusing bugs, being high realm rank and their realm being too strong" is the reason why they can't compete. And if they don't want to reroll on uth1 and complain about high realm ranks, even better. This keep take simulator the server has become and uthgard staff catering to people who run massive BGs and suicide to switch zones and take 30 mins break after taking lvl 1 keeps to avoid inc is definitely what we don't need. It is what it is, we have some big egos among the uthgard staff and I don't think they'll ever admit they did anything wrong.

100%
Uth1 RvR pop was way more mature and enjoyable. People who knew how to fight and actually had a chance to with new ra's.
The current meta is truly disgusting. 1-3 FGA taking lvl 1 keeps dodging and suiciding so they can give no inc with the herald and porter system giving 6+ minutes of reaction time, not including distance to the farthest keeps or the 400+ pop porter times (no sense). A smaller group of hibs put up a better and more fun fight than this.
I didn't vote for a classic or 1.65 Uth. I initially signed up for Uth1 and the quality rvr element I needed. Just a slight bit of qol with barrels and porters and it would've been the most ideal setup IMO. Unfortunately we don't seem to get a vote or say on these things and staff prioritizes whatever they deem most important (tethering and quests bugs rather than RA and class fixes). This seems to be where that gets us.
It's hard to support the dream when it's taken away from you and you get no voice on the matter. It's your server and your rules, but we the people support it and allow it to be successful through that support. All the OG players that frequent these forums even still await the smartest decision you could ever make, Returning Uth1 to your loyal playerbase.
New RA's, barrels, porters will facilitate the best RvR (end-game) within all freeshards without hesitation.
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

Gilded
Myrmidon

Postby Gilded » Apr 08, 2019 22:20

Even with changes that may revert back to what Uth1 offered, people wont be coming back, at least not anywhere near numbers to sustain actual RvR, be it small man, pug's or set groups. No chance.

The same thing is happening here that happened on Uth1 which is a slow death, so I'd enjoy it any way you can. I hope I am wrong I really do, just as someone who played Uth1 and here, NA timezone, its nearly identical watching the pop dwindle.

Ist : Not sure if that was you guys near Bolg last night, we saw 5 or more Mids from clip range and couldn't con any of you, 6 of us had just taken it and the only cleric in the group had to log due to work (and was advising 15 mins prior he had to log after the keep take). This happens nightly Sun - Thurs for the few remaining warm bodies in NA who remain playing here. There are simply no Clerics to call on for NA Albs. We logged out in the keep otherwise would just be donating rps. Group makeup FYI was Mini (lvl 45 non-templated), and 50 Theurg, Wiz, Reaver and Paly. No heals, no buffs, crap CC. Not sure you were in that group, not trying point to fingers at you, just seeing complaints about logging out/ciding ****** me off when the alternative is Vaseline and grabbing our ankles. I get the frustration in wanting and getting no rp's, but that was a no-brainer for us last night ( BTW, are you NA or Euro, some of us are curious? )

I hope the server picks up, but with nicer weather now here in NA, other gaming alternatives incl. that "other server", it's probably only going to get worse to the point any keep takes let alone rvr is impossible for NA players. I'd say there are 2-3 weeknights where its log in, wait 30mins and log out. Considering the plight for Hibs here, I feel like complaining as an Alb is lolz worthy, but meh it is what it is.

What really blows my mind for ALL people continuing to play here is the complete lack of any news by the powers that be. Nothing but crickets and the old "we will say something when there is something to say." I'd rather hear bad news than no news at this point, even a Private Hudson meltdown from Aliens ( we're screwed, were doomed, what do we do now man!) would be something news worthy.

I appreciate the fact the game is free. I appreciate being able to login to a fairly stable game that I loved playing on release 18 years ago. I appreciate how basically 3 NA Albs have remained, myself included, to at least "try" to get 4 of us out and do something. I also appreciate people like Neo, Minira, and Ist among others for remaining and being a real pita to deal with at keeps or say in Dodens 8)

What I don't appreciate is hearing ZERO news since last August and ZERO news since the competing server went live.

- Ludmila / Swelter

Shining
Myrmidon

Postby Shining » Apr 09, 2019 09:56

Gilded wrote:Even with changes that may revert back to what Uth1 offered, people wont be coming back, at least not anywhere near numbers to sustain actual RvR, be it small man, pug's or set groups. No chance.

The same thing is happening here that happened on Uth1 which is a slow death, so I'd enjoy it any way you can. I hope I am wrong I really do, just as someone who played Uth1 and here, NA timezone, its nearly identical watching the pop dwindle.

Ist : Not sure if that was you guys near Bolg last night, we saw 5 or more Mids from clip range and couldn't con any of you, 6 of us had just taken it and the only cleric in the group had to log due to work (and was advising 15 mins prior he had to log after the keep take). This happens nightly Sun - Thurs for the few remaining warm bodies in NA who remain playing here. There are simply no Clerics to call on for NA Albs. We logged out in the keep otherwise would just be donating rps. Group makeup FYI was Mini (lvl 45 non-templated), and 50 Theurg, Wiz, Reaver and Paly. No heals, no buffs, crap CC. Not sure you were in that group, not trying point to fingers at you, just seeing complaints about logging out/ciding ****** me off when the alternative is Vaseline and grabbing our ankles. I get the frustration in wanting and getting no rp's, but that was a no-brainer for us last night ( BTW, are you NA or Euro, some of us are curious? )

I hope the server picks up, but with nicer weather now here in NA, other gaming alternatives incl. that "other server", it's probably only going to get worse to the point any keep takes let alone rvr is impossible for NA players. I'd say there are 2-3 weeknights where its log in, wait 30mins and log out. Considering the plight for Hibs here, I feel like complaining as an Alb is lolz worthy, but meh it is what it is.

What really blows my mind for ALL people continuing to play here is the complete lack of any news by the powers that be. Nothing but crickets and the old "we will say something when there is something to say." I'd rather hear bad news than no news at this point, even a Private Hudson meltdown from Aliens ( we're screwed, were doomed, what do we do now man!) would be something news worthy.

I appreciate the fact the game is free. I appreciate being able to login to a fairly stable game that I loved playing on release 18 years ago. I appreciate how basically 3 NA Albs have remained, myself included, to at least "try" to get 4 of us out and do something. I also appreciate people like Neo, Minira, and Ist among others for remaining and being a real pita to deal with at keeps or say in Dodens 8)

What I don't appreciate is hearing ZERO news since last August and ZERO news since the competing server went live.

- Ludmila / Swelter

Maybe they play on the other server and enjoy all the great QoL's ??? ^^
I mean, why make a freeshard put so much work in it and leave everything to itself? Or does somebody see GM's / Dev's playing here? .. not me! Such a server must indeed be paid and causes running costs. For what if nobody cares anyway?
Maybe they should just switch everything off, then at least everyone knows what he is on. Maybe the whole thing should be funny in some way, which we just did not understand yet.

Well, no matter, nobody reads anyway and if it does, it does not help to wake them up.

Regards

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Apr 09, 2019 20:36

Gilded wrote:Even with changes that may revert back to what Uth1 offered, people wont be coming back, at least not anywhere near numbers to sustain actual RvR, be it small man, pug's or set groups. No chance.

Ist : Not sure if that was you guys near Bolg last night, we saw 5 or more Mids from clip range and couldn't con any of you, 6 of us had just taken it and the only cleric in the group had to log due to work (and was advising 15 mins prior he had to log after the keep take). This happens nightly Sun - Thurs for the few remaining warm bodies in NA who remain playing here. There are simply no Clerics to call on for NA Albs. We logged out in the keep otherwise would just be donating rps. Group makeup FYI was Mini (lvl 45 non-templated), and 50 Theurg, Wiz, Reaver and Paly. No heals, no buffs, crap CC. Not sure you were in that group, not trying point to fingers at you, just seeing complaints about logging out/ciding ****** me off when the alternative is Vaseline and grabbing our ankles. I get the frustration in wanting and getting no rp's, but that was a no-brainer for us last night ( BTW, are you NA or Euro, some of us are curious?
- Ludmila / Swelter

That was SLAYER a xp group, our only 50 was our healer and the only templated toon.

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm