RvR Population

Talk about your RvR experience here
Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Apr 09, 2019 20:57

Ithiggi wrote:That was SLAYER a xp group, our only 50 was our healer and the only templated toon.

run away.jpg
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Apr 22, 2019 22:06

Three different pets on me inside my own keep and no guard help. Can't respond to any keep defense with the realm timer and by the time its aflame the keep is taken. From there its a wild whim as to where you Albs go. You know we wont build cause of your dodging tactics and wasting our time. How long will you tire for unfought rps. This gameplay is the worst style of gameplay I've ever encountered in my history of daoc. I sat all morning at CS. I interacted with 5-6 people to which only one had the guts to come out and emote play with me willingly. Despite my efforts to beckon some inc I get no inc. Despite 5-10 albs mindlessly recycling keep rps everyday they refuse to fight any head on battles even with their accumulated RR's. Staff allowing this meta and ignoring the state of the server leads me to move on for now. As many I'll look on through the forums for a glimpse of recognition from staff. To all the people I've fought throughout my time I say thank you and good fights my friends. Nelt and crew I wish you guys were more and around often enough to spar with, but GG and good fights all the same. o7
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

buenavides1
Guardian

Postby buenavides1 » Apr 23, 2019 02:11

The struggle of playing this game alone is getting harder. All I did on Lenten season is play this in hope of leveling up.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Apr 24, 2019 03:05

It feels more like some sort of sociology experiment / data gathering . . . Documenting on how long it takes for the last people playing to go crazy/aggro.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Apr 24, 2019 17:52

On the keeps under attack thing....

1. Please remove the 3 min lag on keep flames / info.
Result: So when a keep is under attack, instant flames please!!!
Justification: There is barely any realm action now so delaying anyone being able to join in (defending and attacking) promotes people to play in silos (and to avoid INC as mentioned - I agree with ist on something for once)

2. Ideally and more incusively - in game - it would great if information was relayed about keeps being under attack without having to have a browser window on the herald to tell us too.
Result: Instant information relayed to all realms that a keep is under attack - and then a reminder every 3 minutes if still so.
Justification: #1 above but also to include people in the game already faster and with no reliance on watching a 2nd screen etc.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

erock25
Warder

Postby erock25 » Apr 24, 2019 18:34

While you're at it, 1) Increase XP rate not dependent on non-existent groups to attract casuals to Frontier status, 2) Abandon your vision and admit you were wrong, 3) Bring back New Frontiers :D

Liilbedh
Myrmidon

Postby Liilbedh » Apr 28, 2019 16:44

kinthos wrote:On the keeps under attack thing....

Justification: There is barely any realm action now so delaying anyone being able to join in (defending and attacking) promotes people to play in silos (and to avoid INC as mentioned - I agree with ist on something for once)

2. Ideally and more incusively - in game - it would great if information was relayed about keeps being under attack without having to have a browser window on the herald to tell us too.
Result: Instant information relayed to all realms that a keep is under attack - and then a reminder every 3 minutes if still so.
Justification: #1 above but also to include people in the game already faster and with no reliance on watching a 2nd screen etc.

it´s so funny... a few month ago: remove the instant flames when a keep is under attack!!!! and now you want it back? what will happen if the population grewing up or you will get killed by the "high rr" groups? then you will cry again...
and what is romu doing when the 3 min timer will change to instant? avoid inc is not possible then...
Sania III
Drachengarde
PacHealer

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Apr 28, 2019 19:12

Liilbedh wrote:
kinthos wrote:On the keeps under attack thing....

it´s so funny... a few month ago: remove the instant flames when a keep is under attack!!!! and now you want it back? what will happen if the population grewing up or you will get killed by the "high rr" groups? then you will cry again...
and what is romu doing when the 3 min timer will change to instant? avoid inc is not possible then...

I can't remember if I commented on the flames previously but "a few months ago" the server wasn't in the toilet population wise - right before that other server landed it was actually gaining popularity and was beginning to be lively - so hence a different time.

So removing the lag makes sense now - at a time when the realm activity and population is very low. I (as a player) try to get to the "only" action that is going. To do this, I rely on this info. This is mostly versus people taking keeps by the way so you have completely missed the point of what I was getting at.

How kind of you to find the death of Uthgard funny by the way. Please go play that other server - it will likely suit your mental capacity.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Apr 28, 2019 20:43

Maybe there is a way to allow one guild to claim more than one keep?

1 keep=normal BP cost
2nd=150% BP cost
3rd= 200% BP cost
etc...

Or some sliding scale of RP gained per keep based on siege time...maybe keep the minimum as it is now, but say a >7 minute siege gives %125 current RP or >12 minute gives %150?

As much as I'd love to see quality RvR tasks, I think some tweaks to current setting would go far.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » May 02, 2019 18:40

Seems the only recent post making any sense is Spyprincess err Spymistress my bad :P

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » May 05, 2019 15:03

I like how efficient this board has gotten, I can update myself on the new posts once a week within 2 minutes. Thanks for keeping it short everyone that's left.

Previous

Return to Realm versus Realm