Warder

Postby 00Fant » Nov 15, 2018 13:26

https://ibb.co/gNyGKf

Player kills on Porter Pad.

not fine. and not Fairplay.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Nov 15, 2018 15:47

Pretty sure this is Live like. Scouts could reach porter area.
Albion and having fun

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Nov 15, 2018 17:39

Spivo wrote:Pretty sure this is Live like. Scouts could reach porter area.

What part of this is live like? I know you cant get LOS on the pad so the only other way is a ground target volley which has been all the rage lately. Though this RA is supposed to have a 66% range penalty so I'm curious how one get range or los on the pad from the hill. Not only that but not hitting a guard in the process? Hitting 4-600+ on 5 random arrows every 15 seconds... average that out on the low side... 500x5=2.5k damage every 15 secs. Lowi and crew have been having quite the fun with this. im sure somethings fishy that isnt being pointed out.

* minimim of 66% away from target*
Last edited by Daetren on Nov 15, 2018 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

00Fant
Warder

Postby 00Fant » Nov 15, 2018 19:51

for me it is Known Bug abuse. And btw... it was an Instant kill on (me) a lvl 50 Warrior. Oo With Volly WTF???

Mid can´t shoot in Hib/Alb Border Keeps. And That Volly Bug Abuse i think the reson for the Bugged Porter Npc´s sometimes.

Ino
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ino » Nov 15, 2018 21:17

If you think its because something fishy dont go on the forum and call names. Just tell it to a GM so he/she can check.
If you dont think its because something fishy, just jump into DL and smack some of dem hibbies standing there :-P

Tool999
Warder

Postby Tool999 » Nov 15, 2018 22:02

1) Pretty shure Old volley was not like gtaoe without LOS, you should have LOS on your GT and there is no valid position outside SF to see the pad. well, maybe GT was outside the wall, and area of effect can reach u there, i dont know, but
2) Only 1 target in the Area should not bring all 5 arrows into that 1 target. 1 hit, other 4 should be lost.
3) Every enemy NPC should be a valid target too, looks not like on your picture, no gothi hit.

Seems volley bugged into multiple ways, do a ticket and wait end of days for repair. :D

Edit: anyone know radius of area of effect? must been 600+ units, to reach u at that position shown, if GT is close as possible to the wall.

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Nov 16, 2018 08:15

So. Backwhen i was still playing almost every day on hib, every now and then mids thought it is funny to rush on the leftside hill at druim ligen, jump over the keepwall on speed 6. Eventually get the chance to land 2-3 hits on hibs afking in the courtyard and kill them. Never seen any complaints on forums from hibs tbh.

And 5min research as i remembered that comments from 2004ish...

http://talsyra.tripod.com/VolleyNerfProposal.html

Keoh
24-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Larian,

what was the range when they first re-worked volley?

Xzzy
24-09-2004, 08:31 PM
You mean the RA version of Volley? Or the first NF release on Pendragon?

RA version could do better than 4000 units.. I seem to recall having a /groundset hotkey for 6000 units to shoot into the alb pk.

3000 units might be reasonable in OF, but in NF, that's just stupid. No insult intended Larian but if anything the game needs to be getting less range, not more.

Staring at a blob of pixels 3000+ units away isn't fun for ANYONE. If the issue is that volley range is shorter than the range of someone with an elevation bonus.. I think it's much wiser for the game as a whole to address the elevation bonuses.

Tyrfiel
24-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Today's range is 2300. With the old Volley, I could frequently set it about 3500 units out. There were some reports of setting it 4000 units out from atop the tallest hill.

This was possible because range bonuses from elevation affected Volley, too. Defending keeps like old Crauch or old Bled was a ton of fun because I could harrass the rezzers and recently rezzed WAY in the back ranks. ;)

Drakzon
24-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Xzzy
RA version could do better than 4000 units.. I seem to recall having a /groundset hotkey for 6000 units to shoot into the alb pk.

Sauvage and Svasud could easily be reached in OF as long as you went to the highest points on either side of the BK's 6000 units I believe was the max range a GT could be set with /groundset, or was it 6500 units. I use to use Braggarts at Sauvage, 3 pages of spam when it procced, and oh my god would the roaches come pouring out the gates like someone turned on the lights :)

Honestly I don't see them changing it unless they move a couple towers that fall into the 3000 unit range from keeps and bridges.
Trimen
24-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Master volleyer here:

I need to write a new guide to volley. Ok RA volley had insane range. how insane. from the highest point behind APK in OF I haev a near 9k range it gave me ample time till kill bot and restealth before the albs could locate me.
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Nov 16, 2018 10:42

He hits you 4 times, so looks like volley hits you 4 times. I have no clue if that is how it was back in OF, but neither do you :)

And this stuff happened in OF, likely not intended, but if you can speed6+jump inside relic keep room above main gates, I don't see why this is wrong.

And calling out people by names seems silly.
Albion and having fun

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Nov 16, 2018 11:06

Used to volley apk for buffbots all the time. If you hit a guard you just pre moved.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Nov 16, 2018 11:56

I'll try with Ranger soon and see if that works too ;p Thx for the tip :D
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Alpenbruder
Myrmidon

Postby Alpenbruder » Nov 16, 2018 13:10

00Fant wrote:https://ibb.co/gNyGKf

Bist Du verskillt? Bogis solltest Du selbst ungebufft mit 80% wegblocken als Krieger ^^
Selbst Ramiye hittet mich nur jeden 2 Schlag, wenn ich kein Spec-Dex kriege.

Det weg. MOB rein. Wir laufen eh nicht unter 2 Gruppen :twisted:

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Nov 16, 2018 14:22

Alpenbruder wrote:
00Fant wrote:https://ibb.co/gNyGKf

Bist Du verskillt? Bogis solltest Du selbst ungebufft mit 80% wegblocken als Krieger ^^
Selbst Ramiye hittet mich nur jeden 2 Schlag, wenn ich kein Spec-Dex kriege.

Det weg. MOB rein. Wir laufen eh nicht unter 2 Gruppen :twisted:

I think he sat on the porter pad, so he took full dmg in every hit.
Albion Forever!

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Nov 16, 2018 16:14

Tool999 wrote:1) Pretty shure Old volley was not like gtaoe without LOS, you should have LOS on your GT and there is no valid position outside SF to see the pad. well, maybe GT was outside the wall, and area of effect can reach u there, i dont know, but
2) Only 1 target in the Area should not bring all 5 arrows into that 1 target. 1 hit, other 4 should be lost.
3) Every enemy NPC should be a valid target too, looks not like on your picture, no gothi hit.

Seems volley bugged into multiple ways, do a ticket and wait end of days for repair. :D

Edit: anyone know radius of area of effect? must been 600+ units, to reach u at that position shown, if GT is close as possible to the wall.

You are incorrect.....
As with any change, I would expect dev would need you to provide historical video or specific evidence that it is incorrectly implemented as it was in 1.65.

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Nov 16, 2018 16:57

Just to clarify, i have shot 2 volley salvas... the first salva has hit you three times and Atzelot once, the second salva came 15s later and finished you.

silenced wrote:I think he sat on the porter pad, so he took full dmg in every hit.

Actually it seems like his warrior is not SCed, i frequently hit him for cap damage, also with critshots while he is standing.

I still got my old screenshots when i played on Avalon in OF days. The pic below is showing my Runemaster inside the AMG house in Emain getting killed within seconds (multiple arrows landing on same target) by a scout using his volley.

Look at this working Bladeturn penetration! :D

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Nov 16, 2018 17:32

m0e wrote:...

Is volley supposed to penetrate blade turn? I often get the message "your shot was absorbed by a magic barrier" or something like that...

Next

Return to Realm versus Realm