Good night of action

Talk about your RvR experience here
Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Oct 13, 2018 18:39

Do the same thing and the cycle continues... momentum picks up and you have what you need. Just because you're lazy and want to small man do you complain.
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Oct 13, 2018 18:48

to be completely honest: mids must have had such a blast yesterday - and i do not intend to talk down on romu. at least hes bringing people out and im joining him as well whenever my time allows it - BUT yesterday was pure comedy: playing vs. romu must be like pve with rp rewards. hes a terrible, terrible tactitian. zerg wipes - gets reduced to 3fg. instead of going for a highlvl keep rq (and securing some valuable RPS - most of the zerg had sub 1k rps at this point - after god knows how many hours) with 3fg and then porting hib, he tries to go for the power relic again (??). for no reason at all. its not like we coulda held it anyway. and not only once. no. twice. 2nd attempt was canceled because mids showed up. the albzerg was reduced to a measly 2fg at this point. i was surprised the mids didnt just snack us while we were retreating but i guess they had respect of a potential hib inc.
so his next glorious move: go for a lvl8 hlid faste with 2fga. it took us AGES to get through the doors. i was waiting for mids to inc all the time but guessed they would inc as soon as we hit the tower. and well. so it happened. we got wiped. no contest. romus comment was something along the lines of: oh no, 1 minute too late :( . it never even crossed his mind that we were being watched so mids could slaughter us within the narrow stairwell. went home after quite a few hours. less than 2k rps under the belt. almost 1k being rezarpees. gg wp :D

tldr: being mid is fun - romu is motivated, but hes a damn npc.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Oct 13, 2018 18:56

Daetren wrote:Do the same thing and the cycle continues... momentum picks up and you have what you need. Just because you're lazy and want to small man do you complain.

We've been doing this "cycle* for the last 2 months with varying levels of morale fatigue - basically since the big dropoff to that other shoddy server occurred.

The problem as I see it, is in the NA main play time, the NA Hib Playerbase has bled more and more players away. I'd have thought the complete lack of response from Hib (maybe Alb too), during your epic keep takes would have suggested there is a problem to mids too.

May be there is no solution, quite possibly there is not without mids opting to not be dicks (and I can't ask them to not, I've been warned by staff already - not that they'd listen to me anyway - so whats the problem eh?). However, I'm sick of an issue in dmg and realm population unbalance being denied by mids - instead blaming the weary remaining enemies they have.
Last edited by kinthos on Oct 13, 2018 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Oct 13, 2018 18:59

hazelhimself wrote:to be completely honest: mids must have had such a blast yesterday - and i do not intend to talk down on romu. at least hes bringing people out and im joining him as well whenever my time allows it - BUT yesterday was pure comedy: playing vs. romu must be like pve with rp rewards. hes a terrible, terrible tactitian. zerg wipes - gets reduced to 3fg. instead of going for a highlvl keep rq (and securing some valuable RPS - most of the zerg had sub 1k rps at this point - after god knows how many hours) with 3fg and then porting hib, he tries to go for the power relic again (??). for no reason at all. its not like we coulda held it anyway. and not only once. no. twice. 2nd attempt was canceled because mids showed up. the albzerg was reduced to a measly 2fg at this point. i was surprised the mids didnt just snack us while we were retreating but i guess they had respect of a potential hib inc.
so his next glorious move: go for a lvl8 hlid faste with 2fga. it took us AGES to get through the doors. i was waiting for mids to inc all the time but guessed they would inc as soon as we hit the tower. and well. so it happened. we got wiped. no contest. romus comment was something along the lines of: oh no, 1 minute too late :( . it never even crossed his mind that we were being watched so mids could slaughter us within the narrow stairwell. went home after quite a few hours. less than 2k rps under the belt. almost 1k being rezarpees. gg wp :D

That's because he vigorously tries not to fight players at all or at least to fight them with double the numbers. So when he actually fights players, it's a ****** show :D.
It is what it is.

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Oct 13, 2018 19:06

i dont blame him for looking for favorable fights. alb needs at least 2:1 advantage to stand a chance vs mids rn.
whats kinda annoying is that hes predictable like an npc. its just a shame...

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Oct 13, 2018 19:36

hazelhimself wrote:i dont blame him for looking for favorable fights. alb needs at least 2:1 advantage to stand a chance vs mids rn.
whats kinda annoying is that hes predictable like an npc. its just a shame...

Alb tank/hybrid group is actually probably stronger than a mid tank group. Your tanks are inherently tougher, you have double BOF and the ability itself is just 10 points. Minstrel is not ccable and can stick his pet on a healer or jump in and stun pac healer on inc and already create problems. Also, your healing classes are not priority targets for mids where as mercs sticking our healing classes is good. Also you have SOS. Mid is gimped on this patch level, not just with slow heals but we suffer with old RAs as well. Just get a decent sorc and you should be able to compete no problem. It's way easier to kill a zerker or a savage than a merc and you have a lot of pets to keep us locked down. Granted, almost no group runs a friar so no cold resist, but not many good RMs around atm so that's no problem either. I'm not sure if anyone realizes this, but only a handful of people were capable of playing a skald properly even on uthg1 and even with all the utility skald brought with new RAs, many groups ran without one. With old RAs you need that speed so it's basically a wasted slot. At least other realms have a ****** ton of utility on their speed classes.

People like this Pweet guy pretend to be some elite players and cry at the same time, what a joke(off topic). Elite groups on uth1 couldn't wait for 1 realm to get overpopulated because they wanted more action and to farm them.

I've pointed out many times that the relic mechanic is ridiculous and the bonuses are absurd. The solution for the relics should be that it should be harder to get them, they should give way less bonuses, all outpost RvR bonuses should be removed and then having the relics would be a matter of prestige and realm pride, not a game breaking mechanic.

Back to Romu. If you always try to pick favorable fights, you'll never get out of your comfort zone or improve. It's fine if that's your choice but you can't whine then(not that he does). Anyway it's all good, who cares. It is what it is, we got mega intelligent player council and capable staff members like Trishin and Abydos, I have 100% trust in them to balance it all out!
It is what it is.

Zaya
Myrmidon

Postby Zaya » Oct 13, 2018 19:40

Hello,

I respect Romu a lot for gathering and leading the alb zerg (close to?) every night. At least from what I can see as Hib, he is doing a lot to keep Albion up in rvr.

It's damn hard work to lead a zerg or even a group full of different people with 100000 opinions about how things should go.
So if you don't like it, step up and start something yourself. Maybe you get surprising results and maybe it works out quite well.

But if you join and follow a leader, you should respect him for what he does and not blame him on the boards.

Just my 2 cents.

Best wishes,
Zaya

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Oct 13, 2018 19:43

Zaya wrote:Hello,

I respect Romu a lot for gathering and leading the alb zerg (close to?) every night. At least from what I can see as Hib, he is doing a lot to keep Albion up in rvr.

It's damn hard work to lead a zerg or even a group full of different people with 100000 opinions about how things should go.
So if you don't like it, step up and start something yourself. Maybe you get surprising results and maybe it works out quite well.

But if you join and follow a leader, you should respect him for what he does and not blame him on the boards.

Just my 2 cents.

Best wishes,
Zaya

I honestly don't think anyone blamed him or has a bad opinion of the guy, but people have the right to disagree with a tactic or to tell their version of events at the very least.
It is what it is.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Oct 13, 2018 19:48

Valfar wrote:I've pointed out many times that the relic mechanic is ridiculous and the bonuses are absurd. The solution for the relics should be that it should be harder to get them, they should give way less bonuses, all outpost RvR bonuses should be removed and then having the relics would be a matter of prestige and realm pride, not a game breaking mechanic.

I must have missed you saying it - but it's nice to hear you on the page about it. First mid I've heard do this (publicly on forums).

100% agree with you.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Oct 13, 2018 20:18

I always read about 'double BOF' and it's like a magic super weapon against Midgard. Can someone englighten me? :?:

Actually, to get that super magical superweapon you need to have some RR first, but instead of saving points until RR2, most clerics invest in MCL first, and such stuff. So it takes even longer. And for random players, that do not do RVR as main point of interest, BOF is actually a rather useless RA. I think most of the clerics RR2+ in Albion don't have BOF, except they plan to be playing actively in RVR.

So, maybe stop talking about things that are actually not really there.

Now take a look at the cleric list in the herald, sort by last week RP and look at the overall RP gained and the RR these clerics have, that had been active recently.

Now, do something even more funny: Take a look at the Paladins, and their LW RP. Now you got these superior Albion tank groups, that run on endupots?

Sure, there have been the multiple use pots introduced, but again, lots of these pugs don't really run around prepared. People always look at me strangely when I decide to play in a group, mostly for PVE right now, since the chars I want to play have not even reached lvl 45 yet, and when no sorc or minst is around, I give away some power regen pots, as a full tank without any power at all. 'Why do you carry these around?' ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Most of these 'Zergs' Romu is running around with, are chars lvl 40 - 50. You may see 2-3 groups, but basically it's only one group.

But well, it's getting better over time, maybe.
Albion Forever!

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Oct 13, 2018 21:28

hazelhimself wrote:to be completely honest: mids must have had such a blast yesterday - and i do not intend to talk down on romu. at least hes bringing people out and im joining him as well whenever my time allows it - BUT yesterday was pure comedy: playing vs. romu must be like pve with rp rewards. hes a terrible, terrible tactitian. zerg wipes - gets reduced to 3fg. instead of going for a highlvl keep rq (and securing some valuable RPS - most of the zerg had sub 1k rps at this point - after god knows how many hours) with 3fg and then porting hib, he tries to go for the power relic again (??). for no reason at all. its not like we coulda held it anyway. and not only once. no. twice. 2nd attempt was canceled because mids showed up. the albzerg was reduced to a measly 2fg at this point. i was surprised the mids didnt just snack us while we were retreating but i guess they had respect of a potential hib inc.

I dont know who you are but i think i have proven my tactical skill very often, thats why the people follow me. If you want to proove that you have a better tactical skill you are welcome to lead the BG, and if you are successfull the people will love to follow you.

Yesterday we catched a relic and we had our hands on the next one, not too bad. Many decisions had to do with the action of the hib-zerg. You dont need much people for a relic keep and if the hibs hit the other relic keep why not use the opportunity? We never were in hib yesterday. We never touched Hlid yesterday, i guess you mean nott. We attacked it while hibs were on relic keep, we would never have attacked without that. Do you really think mids would wait until both doors are open while they could easily wipe us outside as we nearly could not stand the guards?

If you want more tactical information you should join our teamspeak, thats the place where you get more information and where you can share your opionion. I will not post every information in BG and if you are not able to see which keeps or relics are under attack you have to trust that i do, and that many people are involved in every decision.

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Oct 13, 2018 22:55

Romu wrote:
I dont know who you are but i think i have proven my tactical skill very often, thats why the people follow me. If you want to proove that you have a better tactical skill you are welcome to lead the BG, and if you are successfull the people will love to follow you.

Yesterday we catched a relic and we had our hands on the next one, not too bad. Many decisions had to do with the action of the hib-zerg. You dont need much people for a relic keep and if the hibs hit the other relic keep why not use the opportunity? We never were in hib yesterday. We never touched Hlid yesterday, i guess you mean nott. We attacked it while hibs were on relic keep, we would never have attacked without that. Do you really think mids would wait until both doors are open while they could easily wipe us outside as we nearly could not stand the guards?

If you want more tactical information you should join our teamspeak, thats the place where you get more information and where you can share your opionion. I will not post every information in BG and if you are not able to see which keeps or relics are under attack you have to trust that i do, and that many people are involved in every decision.

oh, dont feel offended please. i admire your passion and respect the sacrifice you make for albion as a realm.
as for me personally, i dont have either the time nor the drive to make the cut as an alb bg leader :)

that still doesnt change my opinion about you being a subpar tactician. (remember, how alb lost the melee relics? sorry, but dragging a whole zerg to gole while its clear that mids will go for relics is pretty suboptimal in my books.) BUT! if you are open for advice heres one: make one of your closest followers who plays some not-so-micro intensive backline role your battlefield shotcaller who forwards basic orders from discord to /bc and im pretty sure ull see a massive improvement in winrate. many fights of your zerg are lost because people have no clue what to do. like the fight vs. hibzerg after mids got sammiched. albzerg stayed sorta in nukerange and got softened up until hib was able to push. albs didnt really push, neither did they kite.

justmy2cents as always ♥

edit: and ofc the mids would wait. why wouldnt they? do you really think it took em 20 mins to catch up? they just realized, that taking a fight within the keep or in front would be more risky than just destroying us in the stairwell (where one good midgrp can win vs. 4 trashy albgrps basically.)

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Oct 14, 2018 00:12

lol, first of all it was Nottmore and not Hlid. That keep was lvl 8 with lvl 8 doors and was claimed by TEAM AMERICA, so we knew you were on it since the start, but we had hibs around that wanted our last PR so defended it as long as we could to secure it. Then we realized you were still on the keep smashing doors and thought it was a trap. I convinced them to take a look and so we went. We got in there by chance when you were in the tower, we haven't been watching you at all, no need, we saw the guard spam and saw someone dieing from guards, so we guessed it was some albs trying hard and no trap.

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Oct 14, 2018 00:24

hazelhimself wrote: alb needs at least 2:1 advantage to stand a chance vs mids rn.

Tonite the 8 man alb rolled us over a few times. They getting better and better every day. At the end we had to switch to 3 healer setup to beat them and still was very hard.
Valfer is right, you have to improve your way of playing and stop QQing on how powerfull mid is.

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Oct 14, 2018 00:28

Roby5869 wrote:

lol, first of all it was Nottmore and not Hlid. That keep was lvl 8 with lvl 8 doors and was claimed by TEAM AMERICA, so we knew you were on it since the start, but we had hibs around that wanted our last PR so defended it as long as we could to secure it. Then we realized you were still on the keep smashing doors and thought it was a trap. I convinced them to take a look and so we went. We got in there by chance when you were in the tower, we haven't been watching you at all, no need, we saw the guard spam and saw someone dieing from guards, so we guessed it was some albs trying hard and no trap.

in that case i stand corrected. please be so kind and dont be so convincing next time around. the keep woulda given us a nice consolation prize after donating to you for hours :) just one more protip: albzergs dont set traps :D

also to put my previous statement of "albs need to outnumber mids at least by 2:1 rn" into context - that includes factors like relics AND PLAYER SKILL obviously. i mean lets be honest - most albs are pve players after all and have limited knowledge of rvr. i myself am rusty af as well so dont think i think of myself of some super elite gozu player.

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm