can anyone explain this?

Talk about your RvR experience here
Icp
Gryphon Knight

Postby Icp » Sep 27, 2018 23:38

hi, yesterday i got this damage-inc on my pet (lv 44 enchanter pet for lv 50 ench):

another hibplayer was hitted by same player for 1021 damage (cap spirit-resists).

is that real ?

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Sep 27, 2018 23:40

icq in 2k18? didnt know that is still around :D

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Sep 27, 2018 23:58

Critical hits are not shown to you, but rather added to the total damage. In addition to getting a damage bonus against a lower level, crits can be either 50% in rvr or 100% in PVE( I'm not sure off hand where a pet falls, but lets assume 50% for now), that would place a possibility of a hit near 700 with a 50% crit would sound about right. Could have been more.

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Sep 28, 2018 00:05

First of all, I assume it was a Spirit Master bomb? Then the damage is possible, especially with power relics. Just a nice crit.

Second: Learn to make proper quality screenshots. DAoC makes screenshots with the 'minus' key on numpad. ;)
Albion Forever!

Icp
Gryphon Knight

Postby Icp » Sep 28, 2018 01:55

silenced wrote:First of all, I assume it was a Spirit Master bomb? Then the damage is possible, especially with power relics. Just a nice crit.

Second: Learn to make proper quality screenshots. DAoC makes screenshots with the 'minus' key on numpad. ;)

ok, next time i try the "-" key instead of "print"...but why should be a SM-Bomb hit so hard (versus hib/alb-bomb) ? the relic-bonus i agree.

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Sep 28, 2018 07:21

Icp wrote:but why should be a SM-Bomb hit so hard (versus hib/alb-bomb) ? the relic-bonus i agree.

Suppression bomb = 331 delve damage, lvl 49. Enchanter and Wizard = 325 delve damage, lvl 48. 6 more Damage may not sound much, but the way % add up, especially with relics = can be quite some damage. And as told, if it crits it shows you total damage only.

Midgard was the only realm for a long time not even having a bomb, and later it was added and a bit overdone of course. ;) Mids with relics using casters = extremely deadly.
Albion Forever!

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Sep 28, 2018 08:02

Midgaard does indeed have the highest tooltip Pbaoe, and ofc the fact that Albs tend to ignore Spiritresist when templating,
hibs only getting spirit resist buff from Warden(not as used as the other naturalists)
You overall just see higher damage on a supp SM than you would on an Ice wiz or Enchnter/eld for the above reasons.

Pretty much why I personally ended up playing SM instead of continueing an icewiz or rolled Hib for the baseline stun. In the end i just wanted the bigger numbers, and the instant STR/CON debuff for sure helped the choise too.

That being said, well done Steve(Soggy). That is a beautiful crit on that poor mans pet
Those numbers are close to what I saw on blue spiritweak mobs when having MoM lll and 20%relic bonus, around 1200damage when standing on top (damage drops off the further away from the point-blank-area-of-effect spells)

Also im not too sure, but pets dont have any resists do they. Atleast Theurgh pets took truedamage when i played.(or were spiritweak atleast)
<<Bombling>> - Supp SM Lvl 50 - RR 7L0
Bombling Saga part I - VI.
Magnetling Part I&II.
Retired on Uthgard for now. Warhammer RoR private server, and CU beta testing.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Sep 28, 2018 09:15

Dude being surprised that a blue pet got obliterated by SM pbaoe nuke while Mid having all the power relics...welcome to Uth2 :D.
It is what it is.

Alpenbruder
Myrmidon

Postby Alpenbruder » Sep 28, 2018 11:56

Another funny thing that happened 2 days ago:

one of our players hit the ATK guard in Emain for 400, 600 and last hit was around 800 - we were wiping to Albs at that point during our final action that evening.
We will definitely try out again to find out if that was a one off.

Our damage against the guards increased the further we pulled it from TK.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Sep 28, 2018 12:01

wonshot wrote:Pretty much why I personally ended up playing SM instead of continueing an icewiz or rolled Hib for the baseline stun. In the end i just wanted the bigger numbers, and the instant STR/CON debuff for sure helped the choise too.

Eldritch has S/C debuff, stun and pbaoe. That better matches your shopping list. I won't go into all the other goodies an Eldritch has but it's vast.

Big Numbers - well 325 vs 331 delve ain't going to be that much. Really it's not.

Relics make your numbers bigger but that in theory is something that should change frequently on a healthy server. *cough*

So I assume you didn't consider Eld or you had other reasons to pick Mid. Hmmm ?
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Eorkern
Gryphon Knight

Postby Eorkern » Sep 28, 2018 19:12

wtf icq in 2018 Oo

Icp
Gryphon Knight

Postby Icp » Sep 28, 2018 21:01

Eorkern wrote:wtf icq in 2018 Oo

oldschool ;)

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Sep 29, 2018 07:32

kinthos wrote:So I assume you didn't consider Eld or you had other reasons to pick Mid. Hmmm ?

Well if you want the full list:

- I live in Denmark and have always been facinated by Norse Mythology
- A friend i moved in with briefly while dealing with selling house and moving, only wanted to play on Mid since that was where he played on Live
- SM pbaoe slightly higher tooltip damage on the Pbaoe vs other bombers on alb and hib
- SM boaoe was fitting in nicely with the Battleground brackets. Each time I was max level in a BG I was getting a new rank of my pbaoe, so was two shotting in BGs while leveling up.
- Intercept being the most silly and overpowered mechanics without an internal cooldown (killing stealthers due to RNG)
- S/C aoe instant cast same spec as the bpaoe + longest dur single mezz on the realm
- Lifetransfer is not affected by diseases and you can function as a flex healer in 8v8
- Spirit damage vs Albs ignoring this resist type in templates where they cant get all, and Hibs having Spirit resists on Warden that was never really used in the meta when i rolled my SM
- potential for a split build where you could selfdebuff your damage type
- Realm with AoE stun for duoing or outnumbered bomb groups in rvr.
- Kobolts and lurikeens are smaller than Alb choises (yes it mattered to me:D )
- Midgard keep layout had thiner walls/roof and therefor bigger chance of having a home-keep def with bigger damage in defenses.
- Decent off specs in lifesteal Darkness or summoning with petbuffs and pulsing damageshield in same spec (sorry chanters)

What made me want to continue on the icewizard:
- Potentially better bomb on higher RR: VP+MoC
- Aoe -10%ice debuff & available snares + aoe root

What made me want to roll an Enchanter or Eld:
- Enchanter had a pet(s) too
- Enchanter had casterspeed for solo roaming
- Enchanter and Eld had Baseline stun for setting up bombs myself instead of having a pacHealer/cleric or a slambot.
- Way more interesting Class RRs on Eld and potentially as strong as VP but situational.
- Prettiest pbaoe animation.
But as Splitquick often said "Lurikeens look like they have ****** their pants when they run" so theres that :lol:

So yeah, I completly rolled to the Easy-mode realm because they had relics, better time building groups and all those other theories people have come up with. Gesus :roll:
<<Bombling>> - Supp SM Lvl 50 - RR 7L0
Bombling Saga part I - VI.
Magnetling Part I&II.
Retired on Uthgard for now. Warhammer RoR private server, and CU beta testing.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Sep 29, 2018 08:28

wonshot wrote:
kinthos wrote:So I assume you didn't consider Eld or you had other reasons to pick Mid. Hmmm ?

Well if you want the full list:

- I live in Denmark and have always been facinated by Norse Mythology
- A friend i moved in with briefly while dealing with selling house and moving, only wanted to play on Mid since that was where he played on Live
- SM pbaoe slightly higher tooltip damage on the Pbaoe vs other bombers on alb and hib
- SM boaoe was fitting in nicely with the Battleground brackets. Each time I was max level in a BG I was getting a new rank of my pbaoe, so was two shotting in BGs while leveling up.
- Intercept being the most silly and overpowered mechanics without an internal cooldown (killing stealthers due to RNG)
- S/C aoe instant cast same spec as the bpaoe + longest dur single mezz on the realm
- Lifetransfer is not affected by diseases and you can function as a flex healer in 8v8
- Spirit damage vs Albs ignoring this resist type in templates where they cant get all, and Hibs having Spirit resists on Warden that was never really used in the meta when i rolled my SM
- potential for a split build where you could selfdebuff your damage type
- Realm with AoE stun for duoing or outnumbered bomb groups in rvr.
- Kobolts and lurikeens are smaller than Alb choises (yes it mattered to me:D )
- Midgard keep layout had thiner walls/roof and therefor bigger chance of having a home-keep def with bigger damage in defenses.
- Decent off specs in lifesteal Darkness or summoning with petbuffs and pulsing damageshield in same spec (sorry chanters)

What made me want to continue on the icewizard:
- Potentially better bomb on higher RR: VP+MoC
- Aoe -10%ice debuff & available snares + aoe root

What made me want to roll an Enchanter or Eld:
- Enchanter had a pet(s) too
- Enchanter had casterspeed for solo roaming
- Enchanter and Eld had Baseline stun for setting up bombs myself instead of having a pacHealer/cleric or a slambot.
- Way more interesting Class RRs on Eld and potentially as strong as VP but situational.
- Prettiest pbaoe animation.
But as Splitquick often said "Lurikeens look like they have ****** their pants when they run" so theres that :lol:

So yeah, I completly rolled to the Easy-mode realm because they had relics, better time building groups and all those other theories people have come up with. Gesus :roll:

Well, female lurikeens look silly but ok, who cares. Male lurikeens(especially the gray-haired ones) look like miniature creepy child molesters, absolutely disgusting.
It is what it is.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Oct 01, 2018 11:59

wonshot wrote:So yeah, I completly rolled to the Easy-mode realm because they had relics, better time building groups and all those other theories people have come up with. Gesus :roll:

Maybe you didn't originally, but it's why you stayed. Lets see if Bones and Kirk agree...

Can't argue with these legends I'm afraid. But I checked with some other sources too:
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Return to Realm versus Realm