Stop taking every keep

Talk about your RvR experience here
Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Aug 29, 2018 15:15

kinthos wrote:Ofcourse I can't stop the mids from pveing keeps with no defenders. I understand they are bored and like having all the keeps and relics. So how about we boost the game experience for them by giving them stronger guards and keeps when no opposition is online for them. Also gives others a chance to help bolster the defence if they are online (very few in Hib outside of EU peak but still).

It was not like this before so I don't see how you can present an argument to compare it....

If I understand what you are saying, which is odd, but the current state is absolutely fine because Hib held power relics when the population was a bit better in all realms. Is that what you are saying? So on even terms, you couldn't take our relics but now it's massively lopsided to midgard, it's all good and shut up. Nice one.

It's not about what's "fine" or not, it's about the fact that nobody ****** cares except commie loonies like you. We can't regulate every aspect of the game. And there is no such thing as even terms when you defend the relics with shrooms btw, and that's completely fine...I play DAOC, I know shrooms are part of the game and I won't want to regulate them :D.
It is what it is.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 29, 2018 15:23

silenced wrote:
kinthos wrote:Stop taking every damn keep while everyone sane sleeps.

Who defines 'sane'? You?

Don't over analyse my use of sane - I meant not staying up beyond 2am every damn night to try and stop Midgard doing the nightly keep sweep. To keep my sanity, I need sleep - thats it!

silenced wrote:Simple put: DAoC is an MMORPG, which is 24/7 available in a consistent world, means, when you 'save' your game and 'log off', the games goes on, they don't stop because of you went offline and took your sleep at a for you 'sane' time.

Maybe you forgot about that? The world turns around the sun, not around you. Time to wake up for you!

I'm fully awake by the way, I see the imbalance in population very clearly. It's been there for a long time but now the general server population is lower, and we lost basically our entire NA players to that other stupid server, we are suffering as a result.

I mean all of us, it must even suck to be a mid player too I'm sure at non-peak time. They have a reasonable % population wise but nothing to kill, so they pve every keep until their eyes burst. Pointing that out, seems to be taboo for some of you.

Maybe you don't all play as late as me and see the overlap from peak EU to non-peak time. It's not a pretty sight.

silenced wrote:Anyways, let the Mids have their fun, nobody cares to be honest. At least nobody I know.

I detect some level of caring there...
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Shining
Myrmidon

Postby Shining » Aug 29, 2018 15:33

That's what I mean, instead of dealing with such minor issues as fire on the map or stronger guards for underpopulated realms, they should just improve the server (focus on the essential) to push the population again. Whereby I think that this will happen in the next time anyway because the summer time is as good as over. Winter is coming! 8)

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 29, 2018 15:39

Shining wrote:That's what I mean, instead of dealing with such minor issues as fire on the map or stronger guards for underpopulated realms, they should just improve the server (focus on the essential) to push the population again. Whereby I think that this will happen in the next time anyway because the summer time is as good as over. Winter is coming! 8)

I partially agree - however, a realm dominating all the time is not a good incentive either. So in the meantime, we need a solution to give underpopulated realms a better chance and overpopulated realms a challenge/interest.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Aug 29, 2018 15:43

Kinda reminds me of when I used to play Ultima Online many years ago, pre DaoC...

I started a character on the Japanese server because I knew I'd be playing in the middle of night their time and was likely to get murdered while out and about. Good times...

/carry on

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Aug 29, 2018 15:56

Locking this topic - It is not ok to advocate for other players to not play the game. The world exists as a 24/7 persistent world and we have players from every continent except Antarctica playing (at least I haven't checked to see if anyone down there is playing).

Previous

Return to Realm versus Realm