A final hurrah (for midgard)

Talk about your RvR experience here
Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Aug 22, 2018 12:58

Stasis wrote:https://daoc.scheffel.it/

overview: pop and rps weekly

All 3 realms seems to have approx same amount of created chars and 50's (alb a tiny more in pop)

@Blue What would be interesting is to see online last week of both these parameters.

This week mids got more than 50% of server rps earned.

Edit: and this is only reason i didnt roll mid, i feared this unbalance.

I think you'll find that this has little to do with game settings, and more about people chosing Midgard, in general, are more loyal (meaning they don't quit) and willing to risk their neck. While people chosing HIb/Alb have a natural tendancy to be cowardly and lean towards compensating for their lack in skill by zerging/adding.
When there are to few they can zerg with, they end up quitting entirely, because they don't know how to play outside the comfort of outnumbering their enemy 2:1.
Albion and having fun

shade
Eagle Knight

Postby shade » Aug 22, 2018 13:06

Spivo wrote:
I think you'll find that this has little to do with game settings, and more about people chosing Midgard, in general, are more loyal (meaning they don't quit) and willing to risk their neck. While people chosing HIb/Alb have a natural tendancy to be cowardly and lean towards compensating for their lack in skill by zerging/adding.
When there are to few they can zerg with, they end up quitting entirely, because they don't know how to play outside the comfort of outnumbering their enemy 2:1.

Wow, Sherlock Holmes and Sigmund Freud reborn in one person!
“DAOC is not about what you can log. It's about what you can play :> ”

Uthgard 1.0: <Die Lettanten> Ivia - 8L8 Nightshade - Lone Enforcer since 8L1.
Uthgard 2.0: <Illuminated Stormriders> Oxy - Hero; Ivia - Nightshade.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Aug 22, 2018 13:13

shade wrote:Wow, Sherlock Holmes and Sigmund Freud reborn in one person!

I have further analys on the mental health of people chosing Alb/Hib, but lets not get this thread locked.
Albion and having fun

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Aug 22, 2018 13:30

Spivo wrote:

All 3 realms seems to have approx same amount of created chars and 50's (alb a tiny more in pop)

@Blue What would be interesting is to see online last week of both these parameters.

Ironi fits very badly with internet

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Aug 22, 2018 13:34

Stasis wrote:Ironi fits very badly with internet

Maybe so, but I enjoy it to much to not do it.
Besides some, apparently, serious coments here took me a while to actually figure out were NOT irony, and that is pretty funny.
Albion and having fun

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Aug 22, 2018 13:36

And just browse through RvR section, you will find plenty of actual serious posts that are very close to what I wrote.
Albion and having fun

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Aug 22, 2018 13:47

Spivo wrote:

I have further analys on the mental health of people chosing Alb/Hib, but lets not get this thread locked.

I call BS. Most people I know have characters on all 3 realms. So, it's not so much about the player as it is about the realm and class settings. I play somewhat differently on my Albs than I do on my Mids. My personality doesn't change when I switch realms but my play style does.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Aug 22, 2018 14:22

Gil wrote:
Spivo wrote:

I call BS. Most people I know have characters on all 3 realms. So, it's not so much about the player as it is about the realm and class settings. I play somewhat differently on my Albs than I do on my Mids. My personality doesn't change when I switch realms but my play style does.

Haha on Albion you play for keeps :D

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 22, 2018 14:29

The rp stats and names in the LWRP are reflective of RvR action. The population is a total of all players that played on Uthgard ever and therefore a useless stat and not reflective of current population and more importantly of time of day fluctuations.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 22, 2018 14:34

Spivo wrote:
Stasis wrote:<snip>

Spivo - I think you might need to floss after that amount of garbage was expelled from your traphole:
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Aug 22, 2018 14:45

kinthos wrote:

The rp stats and names in the LWRP are reflective of RvR action. The population is a total of all players that played on Uthgard ever and therefore a useless stat and not reflective of current population and more importantly of time of day
fluctuations.

think i seen spreadsheets with rps devided on clock and realm, if we could get same for population.

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Aug 22, 2018 15:47

kinthos wrote: (alias spimastress)
bla bla bla bla....

Stop spend your time in that forum and whine, go help efficiently your realm, not by grey killing in DF as your are doing now (2018-08-22 9:45 US East time); follow this advice, by example:
silenced wrote: Why don't you put your NS to a good use and powerlevel others? I've heard it's the perfect class for, you can nuke one mob to death, then melee one, then nuke one. Health or Power should replenish in the time you need for a single mob with each of the methods. ;)

Amen.
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

loetus.uth
Guardian

Postby loetus.uth » Aug 22, 2018 15:59

Stasis wrote:
kinthos wrote:

The rp stats and names in the LWRP are reflective of RvR action. The population is a total of all players that played on Uthgard ever and therefore a useless stat and not reflective of current population and more importantly of time of day
fluctuations.

think i seen spreadsheets with rps devided on clock and realm, if we could get same for population.

sort with realm and lwrp then verify lvl and rr so u can see why mids geht 50% of rps

its like a race between a fiat 500 and a ferrari testarossa

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 22, 2018 16:20

Wakanidoo wrote:Stop spend your time in that forum and whine, go help efficiently your realm, not by grey killing in DF as your are doing now

Nip 46 Skald
Frith+Windir - 50 Aug Healer & 40+ Zerk
Xelyne - 40+ Thane
Snuffer - 40+SB
Frith+Beastmaster - 50 Aug Healer + adding 46 Hunter (killed me and emoted me - good job)

Check your facts. Here's a site to do it: https://daoc.scheffel.it/

Also, if one of you wimps would leave DF (Midgards permanent pve home), I wouldn't need to purge the yellows from it.
Wakanidoo wrote:
silenced wrote: Why don't you put your NS to a good use and powerlevel others? I've heard it's the perfect class for, you can nuke one mob to death, then melee one, then nuke one. Health or Power should replenish in the time you need for a single mob with each of the methods. ;)

Amen.

Pretty sure he was being ironic. Nice job, missing that entirely!

Also you go on ahead and ignore the fact that Hib has roughly 5-15% population of the server after 11pm UK time every night until the early morning. This is when we reach the heady heights of maybe 20-25%. At peak time (when I usually can't play very sadly), we get close to 30%.

At peak time, it seems a healthy and good time for the server. Further evidence of when Hibs have the numbers we can at least participate and enjoy pvp action and I'm sure this brings more enjoyment to the other 2 realms too as they have a better number of different realm enemies to fight/battle with.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Aug 23, 2018 00:18

Tonight was a horrible evening:
Port Emain see spam Uppland,
Port Odins run Uppland see spam in alb land
And story keeps going on like this...
A full evening with 4-5 kills i think and 2 more possible targets if luck and better timing.

Felt so strange when action been so damn great latly

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm