Stop lowballing in Cale - Come to Emain - Now is the time

Talk about your RvR experience here
raidstar
Guardian

Postby raidstar » Jun 15, 2018 17:49

Seriously, now is the time.
There is no established setgrps around. Many more organized players are down bussy with summer things, some more are because that very lack of action and their mates, and some are checking out that other servers that cannot be named.

Overall, the scene is very pugish, going even with 6v8 fights, only 1 mainhealer, and other non-optimal setups and players, etc.

Hibernia still has relatively strong and stable pugs but this is a constant won't go away. (and by the way also the reason that, regardless how many numb next-enemy r11 superstars migard has, in the end, hibernia wins. we always win.)

Nonetheless, stop your zerging and caledonia warrioring and run 8.

Depending on what the future brings, especially in regard of these servers that cant be named, now is the most beginner/casual friendly opportunity to get your self involved in bigboy rvr.

PoisonClovers
Warder

Postby PoisonClovers » Jun 15, 2018 18:12

we had 2 fgs of 35-41 xping in DF other day, FG albs showed up so we all ported out to entrance to fight them. Mezd,Dead.. no purge nothing.. I got one cure mez off and blown up lol... I mean if there is going to be more 40-50 I'm sure it could be doable. But for the most part people wont bother with this idea even though I like it lol

Xfreakish
Myrmidon

Postby Xfreakish » Jun 15, 2018 20:30

cale is a great last stop before getting out there..
after pve for fuklong, abit of bg will take the rust of, its fine tbh
<Rage Quit>
Stresser-Healer
Potatopeeler - Warrior
Whysohappy - upcoming rm
My channel - Various Povs )

infaction101
Myrmidon

Postby infaction101 » Jun 16, 2018 06:14

Bring your groups to emain. The band needs more people to farm.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Jun 16, 2018 08:57

I know a few people who only level up for Cale.

While they are part of the problem, I can't really blame them.
Faster/more action.
Less RR difference (no high RR RA dumping on you).

Also, more pugs vs. pugs, and fewer set groups who roll over pugs with ease. Which I think is a more important reason for people than RR, despite them saying otherwise...

I prefer normal RvR, but only when there are people to fight, which has slowed down for sure.
Albion and having fun

Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » Jun 16, 2018 11:45

Cale is great to make a fun level up 47-48. Soon I will have my first lvl50 to enjoy some random pug fights.
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

Russiancrushian
Myrmidon

Postby Russiancrushian » Jun 18, 2018 19:58

The same reason Molvik is always super populated on live. As stated earlier in thread, relatively even playing ground and a much easy way to find pvp.

soddin
Gryphon Knight

Postby soddin » Jun 19, 2018 15:21

Russiancrushian wrote:The same reason Molvik is always super populated on live. As stated earlier in thread, relatively even playing ground and a much easy way to find pvp.

The only thing fun on live is Molvik. Enough RR to get some abilities but no rr10- rr15 with a ton of I win buttons.

Only thing that had me and my wife playing on live till Uthgard came back.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Aug 02, 2018 08:22

soddin wrote:
Russiancrushian wrote:The same reason Molvik is always super populated on live. As stated earlier in thread, relatively even playing ground and a much easy way to find pvp.

The only thing fun on live is Molvik. Enough RR to get some abilities but no rr10- rr15 with a ton of I win buttons.

While it may be the best and balanced RvR experience, there has not yet been a successful freeshard with only BG options and limited PvE game, gamers still want the whole game and the endless possibilities of different PvP, if the BG was not there on live, there would just be something else as the preferred PvP area.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Faltain
Myrmidon

Postby Faltain » Aug 05, 2018 23:00

soddin wrote:

This.

If I was going to play again on Uthgard (or bother with that other shard), I'd only bother with the Battlegrounds and I know that now. I don't have the time to invest to compete with the retirees or hardcore gamers in level 50 RVR in this 17 year old game. Time waits for no man, DAoC player or not.

Make a farm character, max out crafting to outfit Battleground characters, cap them out and swap around or reroll ... profit. Sounds good to me, (better then getting run over all day or having to run/form PuG's).
Positivity - 4x Ranger
Paenon - 50 Friar (sleeping because it's non-Meta)
Simi - 50 Necro (ditto, farmbot)

cairbeth
Warder

Postby cairbeth » Sep 07, 2018 13:19

why shut we go Emain its 98% PvK 2% xp ganking ½% real fight and the ½% is and error

falcona
Warder

Postby falcona » Sep 10, 2018 12:48

Cale is the most fun & interesting PVP area, when I up 48 my 1st necro I immediately created a 2nd 42 :p
Already spent 10 years in emain in live many years ago, time for holidays & fun ;)

F.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Sep 10, 2018 13:21

Cale is a must to cap out (3L4) imo.
I leveled my cab before cale and im rr2, it will take ages to get to 3l4 vs getting it in Cale.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Sep 10, 2018 13:38

Cale RR cap is 3l3 I think
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

joga
Myrmidon

Postby joga » Sep 10, 2018 13:47

Ilerget wrote:Cale RR cap is 3l3 I think

3L4 is the limit, when reached you are not able to port to Caledonia anymore. However you can still log out in there and keep on gaining RPS as long as you don't (have to) release. Seen someone at 3L5 still killing there (and waiting several minutes for his rezz)

Return to Realm versus Realm