Best caster solo class for PvP?

Talk about your RvR experience here
Runental
Phoenix Knight

Postby Runental » Aug 07, 2018 11:49

Roxxor wrote:Oha, hey Runen. Nice too see you still lurking around.
Im sorry about your scattered project, wish it was a success.
Hope to see you back in game in future 1 day

Sup Roxxor,- yeah still alive & checking Forum one or twice.
I have to be honest,- those changes are more and more Cave shamy friendly and i might be log in some day when the summer is over :)
ONE a Shaman solo Video
TWO a Shaman solo Video

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Aug 07, 2018 12:55

Awesome news, my Vw waiting for you. Gimme a pm when you are rdy to meet
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Aug 07, 2018 12:59

MT-Pear wrote:No they don't, but endu regen buff. so at some point they can sprint endless.

I do not see the advantage since endu reg pots...

I dont think there is 1 superiour class. It depend on the player and preffered playstyle.
Try the classes you have in mind, watch somw vids and choose the class which fit for you.
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

sedare
Guardian

Postby sedare » Sep 20, 2018 05:30

I will speak from experience.

Enchanters suck till TOA.

One trick pony.

Trying to decide what caster to roll right now.

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Sep 20, 2018 15:43

As someone who has never played a shaman I'm curious as to why some think it would be superior to a sorc for solo PvP?

What is toolkit/strategy that makes you think so? Not just vs a sorc 1 on 1 but against most targets you would run into solo?

I'm of the opinion that once you get MoC and especially purge+MoC you are pretty much unbeatable by any class as a Sorc...as long as your RAs are up.

Runental
Phoenix Knight

Postby Runental » Sep 20, 2018 23:13

I had some 1v1 vs Sorcs on Uthgard with my Cave shaman, so here is my experience:

First of all you have to start with the beginning of the fight where you have no disadvantage.
Sorc has 1875 range mezz, Shaman has 1875 Bolt range. So it really depends on the timing, a bit luck and how fast the player is who win the opening.

Assuming the shaman bolt hits the sorc, you have 1-2 seconds to run into DoT range while your bolt is on the way to the targed.
Due to the fact, the sorc is rupted from the bolt you are in the position to cast your DoT and DD,- in the most cases the sorc is dead after the DoT runs out. If not, the whole thing is repeated again. It may be the situation where the shaman open with bolt and root the sorc, just to root the pet,- and start like above.

Assuming the Sorc win the opening and the shaman is mezzed, i always waited a few seconds,- so he thinks purge is not up and he is save. Mostly Purge >> Ichor or a charge DD gave me the advantage to DoT directly after the purge,- because the sorc wont react that fast.
After that, just repeat with Bolt >> Range DoT.
MoC was never a problem and its a waste when the sorc use it. You can simply run out of range. Some Sorcs had the knowledge to charm stun pets,- those fights were a bit tricky ofc.

But to sum it up,- if well played, shaman wins most of the time.

/Runen
ONE a Shaman solo Video
TWO a Shaman solo Video

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 21, 2018 05:32

Mentalist is really good solo. But they don't have any speed. They don't do great vs groups because no aoe mez. The main mez isn't very reliable because something like a 33% resist rate. Other than that they fair pretty well in 1v1. I do fine vs sorcs and shaman are like 50/50.

IMO they are the best solo caster on hib, especially when in hib or alb because of the healing pet.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Sep 21, 2018 13:58

Skullbones wrote:Mentalist is really good solo. But they don't have any speed. They don't do great vs groups because no aoe mez. The main mez isn't very reliable because something like a 33% resist rate. Other than that they fair pretty well in 1v1. I do fine vs sorcs and shaman are like 50/50.

IMO they are the best solo caster on hib, especially when in hib or alb because of the healing pet.

What you saying is that its the healing pet that is to good :P

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Sep 21, 2018 19:21

I remember Haalbag, he was killing a lot of sorcs

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 26, 2018 04:30

Stasis wrote:
Skullbones wrote:Mentalist is really good solo. But they don't have any speed. They don't do great vs groups because no aoe mez. The main mez isn't very reliable because something like a 33% resist rate. Other than that they fair pretty well in 1v1. I do fine vs sorcs and shaman are like 50/50.

Yes he carries me :lol: :lol:

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Sep 26, 2018 11:53

Skullbones wrote:
Stasis wrote:

Yes he carries me :lol: :lol:

Problem is that its pared with a good player, we tested 2 minstrels with pet + me and sag, and it wasnt fun for the small mans, Same when you grped with Spy and Cirath and that low rr ranger/ns the other day, it get massive hard to get down ppl.

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Jan 09, 2019 20:08

It sounds like a lot of people are remembering what it was like to solo a caster on live with full buffs. Yes, in that situation, it's about utility, so something like a sorceror is amazing. On Uthgard, though, unless you want to endlessly juggle buffs pots and items, you will be casting slow as hell, meaning your room for making mistakes is very very small. You'll also come across far more stealthers solo than anything else since Old Frontiers is not so friendly to being a visible solo, so you need to be able to absorb a hit.

For these two reasons, and from personal experience, I'd say BD is the best choice on Uthgard, because cast time is much less relevant and because you can take a hit, even without buffs. I've accidentally taken down Mentalists who've attacked me while I was AFK with my BD. More than once I took down overconfident bard+eld/chanter duos who caught me leveling (in the upper 40s) in the frontiers. I don't think it can be stressed enough how much access to reliable buffs (or the lack thereof) affects the soloabililty of casters. Even MoCing with a lifetapping caster stops being a fullproof survival tactic if you don't happen to have dex and acuity buffs up. Really, the only downside to going with a BD is that you're even more visible than other visibles, but that just means you need to get used to adjusting your pet formations.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Spacebrah
Warder

Postby Spacebrah » Jan 09, 2019 22:37

Ironicles wrote:Hey all, been a long time since I've played and want to get back into DAOC. I used to play a high RR BD on live servers and loved it. The classes I'm interested in are:

BD
SM
Enchanter
Sorc
Theurg

Which of those do you think would be best for solo RvR? I'd imagine roaming leveling areas and also DF, and less about going to Emain unless no action anywhere else. Which of those would be great in 1v1 and 1vX situations?

I know lack of speed might hurt BD and SM, but they are pretty tough too I'd imagine?

Thanks!

Wizards get up to 50% fire and matter debuffs in their earth line, so with a high earth spec you can debuff your own bolts, dd, and dots. They also get nearsight now in the same line, adding to their utility. Wizards are no longer an obsolete class that get forgotten about and never played like half of the classes here n Uthgard, and are actually quite fun. I thought I would mention this just in case you overlooked it.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jan 10, 2019 10:29

Spacebrah wrote:Wizards get up to 50% fire and matter debuffs in their earth line, so with a high earth spec you can debuff your own bolts, dd, and dots. They also get nearsight now in the same line, adding to their utility. Wizards are no longer an obsolete class that get forgotten about and never played like half of the classes here n Uthgard, and are actually quite fun. I thought I would mention this just in case you overlooked it.

theres no nearsight for wizards in this patch, and still can't find that debuffs in the Charbuilders I know that works for Uthgard:
http://play.nixian.eu/index.php?page=charbuilder&class=wizard
http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/wizard.html
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Jan 10, 2019 16:56

Ilerget wrote:
Spacebrah wrote:Wizards get up to 50% fire and matter debuffs in their earth line, so with a high earth spec you can debuff your own bolts, dd, and dots. They also get nearsight now in the same line, adding to their utility. Wizards are no longer an obsolete class that get forgotten about and never played like half of the classes here n Uthgard, and are actually quite fun. I thought I would mention this just in case you overlooked it.

theres no nearsight for wizards in this patch, and still can't find that debuffs in the Charbuilders I know that works for Uthgard:
http://play.nixian.eu/index.php?page=charbuilder&class=wizard
http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/wizard.html

Wizards have those goodies on the "other" server. But not here..maybe he was confused where he was posting :)

Previous

Return to Realm versus Realm