What would you do?

Talk about your RvR experience here
Ownnyn
Eagle Knight

Postby Ownnyn » Apr 13, 2018 15:38

Scenerio:

We started BG, ran out, took beno back, no resistence. Then headed south to our final keep.

2-3 mins after pulling guards hibs show up with what appeared to be 2 groups of Astronauts.

I call to pull off, those not paying attention, die, bg wipes trying to rez while half engage and half pull. No big deal.

We reform at cs and have to rebuild groups to replace those logging.

We have 2.5 groups...

1 sorc in the entire bg
0 ministrels
4 clerics and 2 friars split between 3 groups
A few sub 50s

So im considering our options and possible strategies when we get intel that astronauts are still humping inside Ren, upgrading doors with no sign of leaving.

I hear people complain about the BG taking empty keeps but honestly what would you do if leading this bg?

I decided to hit up mid in hopes of either fighting hibs outside a keep, or fighting mids that dont hump lord rooms. Unfortunately neither showed up and besides 1 fight it was 4 empty keeps.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

infaction101
Myrmidon

Postby infaction101 » Apr 13, 2018 15:49

The problem is the players you have with you. I don't mean this offensively, but look at the post you just made. You have half your bg afk, some aren't 50, have horrible class makeup, so you have to do your empty keeps because you can't compete with an optimized functioning group or zerg. I also assume based off your post that the little cc you did get out was easily broken by what I also assume was a sub 50 matter cab throwing out ae dots. Zerging is always hard to keep everyone happy, but nothing is more demoralizing than getting rolled over by half your numbers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ownnyn
Eagle Knight

Postby Ownnyn » Apr 13, 2018 15:58

infaction101 wrote:The problem is the players you have with you. I don't mean this offensively, but look at the post you just made. You have half your bg afk, some aren't 50, have horrible class makeup, so you have to do your empty keeps because you can't compete with an optimized functioning group or zerg. I also assume based off your post that the little cc you did get out was easily broken by what I also assume was a sub 50 matter cab throwing out ae dots. Zerging is always hard to keep everyone happy, but nothing is more demoralizing than getting rolled over by half your numbers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Not quite half, 16 hibs, maybe 20 albs

Actually i have no doubt we woulda taken them open field. Most hibs can only compete defending inside keeps unless they running 3x power relics.

Had the bg fully pulled off when called, we coulda had terrain advantage on the south hill. Results would have been different.

Dont get me wrong, hibs played it smart. They stayed on the keep for easy rps. And they had no intention of leaving to fight us openfield.

I just know here people complain the bg just endlessly, mindlessly zergs empty keeps all day.

So i give you all an opportunity to play back seat quarterback. With 20/20 vision.

Vick
Myrmidon

Postby Vick » Apr 13, 2018 16:32

Don't lose your motivation even if it's hard, we need people like you in Alb who try to lead BGs and have some action going.

( But this is facking true that it's hard to compete, our realm is really weak, for many reasons )
Sofely FrenchFlair - Sorceress 7Lx <Sturmklingen>

vadox
Banned

Postby vadox » Apr 13, 2018 16:34

If you have more than 2 full groups - your retreat from keeps with more than a group of hibs inside is a death sentence. Not having minstrels only will make it worse. So..
You die, you regroup and you...port HIB NOT mid. You hit DC with 2 rams per door so hibs won't have time to react. Lately hibs nor albs even upgrade doors. One ram per level 1 door takes it down in less than 5 minutes. Once you inside the yard, you have more options but to summarize again. You die at Ren, you port HIB ASAP and you take DC.

Ownnyn wrote:Scenerio:

We started BG, ran out, took beno back, no resistence. Then headed south to our final keep.

2-3 mins after pulling guards hibs show up with what appeared to be 2 groups of Astronauts.

I call to pull off, those not paying attention, die, bg wipes trying to rez while half engage and half pull. No big deal.

We reform at cs and have to rebuild groups to replace those logging.

We have 2.5 groups...

1 sorc in the entire bg
0 ministrels
4 clerics and 2 friars split between 3 groups
A few sub 50s

So im considering our options and possible strategies when we get intel that astronauts are still humping inside Ren, upgrading doors with no sign of leaving.

I hear people complain about the BG taking empty keeps but honestly what would you do if leading this bg?

I decided to hit up mid in hopes of either fighting hibs outside a keep, or fighting mids that dont hump lord rooms. Unfortunately neither showed up and besides 1 fight it was 4 empty keeps.

Llaw
Gryphon Knight

Postby Llaw » Apr 13, 2018 16:40

Ownnyn wrote:Not quite half, 16 hibs, maybe 20 albs

Actually i have no doubt we woulda taken them open field. Most hibs can only compete defending inside keeps unless they running 3x power relics.

Had the bg fully pulled off when called, we coulda had terrain advantage on the south hill. Results would have been different.

"I don't get why people don't follow my orders! I'm a genius. Now please help me figure out what I did wrong, because I am sure we should've won the second time we engaged the same exact situation, but with fewer people. You just need to listen to ME!"

Ownnyn wrote:Dont get me wrong, hibs played it smart. They stayed on the keep for easy rps. And they had no intention of leaving to fight us openfield.

Yeah, the frequent group of RvRers of Astronats were probably very afraid of your zero Minstrel mini-zerg of non-50s, led by a no-name forum whiner.

To be the honest it seems more like they were AFK. Nobody waits that long inside a keep for a group of plebs without Minstrel speed to come back and throw themselves at a keep, a second time.

Ownnyn wrote:I just know here people complain the bg just endlessly, mindlessly zergs empty keeps all day.

So i give you all an opportunity to play back seat quarterback. With 20/20 vision.

You had the opportunity to fight a keep that wasn't actually empty, and you lost. Twice. You didn't realize that you were outmatched the first time, so you went back to feed them a second time. And now you're here moaning about it.

I can understand why Albs only fight empty keeps, when the people who attempt to lead are this daft.

Based on the saltiness in pretty much every sentence you wrote since you made this post, I can tell you that there is nothing about this post that is "20/20". You obviously have no idea what you're doing, or how to assess the situation in an objective way.

This just seems to be the ramblings[1] of a loser.
Siege - Warrior
Envoy - Bard
Aegis - Blademaster
Ethical - Mentalist

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Apr 13, 2018 17:16

Llaw wrote:look at me being a bully

woaah someone got triggered, and Drastic wasnt even involved here :lol:
First of all I strongly disagree with this post, even if I like to think of myself as the biggest Alb-forum-basher there is, but even I found this too much.

OP: Respect for trying to lead, stir up action, but its the same situation as always on alb.
- sub 50s
- wrong classes
- weak groups
- lack of rvr experience
- low rr

I could touch on each point, but in the end of the day the playerpool on Albion for the last half year(as long as ive noticed this trend) just seem to be made of the casually minded people who play for shortterm entertainment. They dont have the drive to roll and build up a char with a purpose, they /bg join Realmdaddy on whatever alt they feel like this evening, get a few keeptakes in and maybe a zergfight. And then shelve the char again, no rvr experiene gained nor closing a gab to the higher rr enemies they might have faced. As much as you are on the Powerleveling realm, it is always the same story. Lack of 50s and right classes, and I personally think it comes down to how easy it has been for albs to attend with no commitment or responsabilities in the BG, pretty much all that is expected of you is to do /stick.

Poler had the right idea and I loved his BGs. Every group getting shaped up to have core classes, and since this is a small server and many people who attended were the regulars, people were asked to log their needed classes. Giving better results, rasing the expecations on individuals but also giving much better chance for succes.
<<Bombling>> - Supp SM Lvl 50 - RR 7L0
Bombling Saga part I - VI.
Magnetling Part I&II.
Retired on Uthgard for now. Warhammer RoR private server, and CU beta testing.

Ownnyn
Eagle Knight

Postby Ownnyn » Apr 13, 2018 17:21

Lol, we died once.

We died because of the 20 albs, 15 pulled off immediately, 5 died a few seconds later near doors, then about 10 albs pushed back, got rezzes up, killed a few, then of those 10, another 2 stayed by doors still fighting while the other 8 pulled back to regroup. Then hibs mowed over everyone cause we were so spread out from pulling back and forth.

You can say what you will about my poor leadership. My bg made rps last night with only 1 wipe.

Why go mid?

If we take dc, hibs run to crim and wait....

How is that any different than hitting ren again?

Hit mid, least we might fight mids, which we did. Only after wiping mids in odins, the mids went beno instead of defending blend. Probably not the same mids though.

What my decision came down to is do i have the power in the bg to take a keep defended by 2 groups of mid to high rank hibs? My answer was no, so solution was to remove the keep defense advantage from hibs. Mids are far less likely to hump keeps. And if hibs come mid we're likely to fight open field or on doors of a mid keep.

Last edited by Ownnyn on Apr 13, 2018 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Ownnyn
Eagle Knight

Postby Ownnyn » Apr 13, 2018 17:30

wonshot wrote:
Llaw wrote:look at me being a bully

woaah someone got triggered, and Drastic wasnt even involved here
First of all I strongly disagree with this post, even if I like to think of myself as the biggest Alb-forum-basher there is, but even I found this too much.

OP: Respect for trying to lead, stir up action, but its the same situation as always on alb.
- sub 50s
- wrong classes
- weak groups
- lack of rvr experience
- low rr

I could touch on each point, but in the end of the day the playerpool on Albion for the last half year(as long as ive noticed this trend) just seem to be made of the casually minded people who play for shortterm entertainment. They dont have the drive to roll and build up a char with a purpose, they /bg join Realmdaddy on whatever alt they feel like this evening, get a few keeptakes in and maybe a zergfight. And then shelve the char again, no rvr experiene gained nor closing a gab to the higher rr enemies they might have faced. As much as you are on the Powerleveling realm, it is always the same story. Lack of 50s and right classes, and I personally think it comes down to how easy it has been for albs to attend with no commitment or responsabilities in the BG, pretty much all that is expected of you is to do /stick.

Poler had the right idea and I loved his BGs. Every group getting shaped up to have core classes, and since this is a small server and many people who attended were the regulars, people were asked to log their needed classes. Giving better results, rasing the expecations on individuals but also giving much better chance for succes.
We do what we can with what we have. Alb requires alot more classes to fill the requirements of a decent group.

Mid-skald, shaman, healer×2, 4 dps

Hib-bard, druid×2, 5 dps (or other unique setups)

Alb-cleric×2, sorc, mini, paly, 3 dps?

Of course peeps will try to cut the fat as it were to try and get more dps from the alb side, drop paly for endo pots, drop sorc for 2 minis, etc.

We shuffled people all night as people left and new people came in, making sure all groups had speed and 2 buffers. Its just with so many required spots to make solid groups, sometimes you have to run cleric friar instead of 2 clerics, or caster speed +sprint instead of mini.

Not by choice, but by necessity.

Last edited by Ownnyn on Apr 13, 2018 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

Vick
Myrmidon

Postby Vick » Apr 13, 2018 17:41

Llaw wrote:...

The toxicty of what players could be in this game summaries in one post.
Sofely FrenchFlair - Sorceress 7Lx <Sturmklingen>

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Apr 13, 2018 17:43

Ownnyn wrote:I hear people complain about the BG taking empty keeps but honestly what would you do if leading this bg

Your move was correct. You don't have justify yourself. Thank you for your commitment to Albion.

Regards.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Ownnyn
Eagle Knight

Postby Ownnyn » Apr 13, 2018 17:52

Nakja wrote:
Ownnyn wrote:I hear people complain about the BG taking empty keeps but honestly what would you do if leading this bg

Your move was correct. You don't have justify yourself. Thank you for your commitment to Albion.

Regards.
Thanks, but...

I thinks albs do well, we just need to play more consistently. Both with each other and on the chars that can be effective. We all tend to reroll far to often. Hell i have 4 50s.

But what im interested in per this post is more strategies.

I made the call based on what information i had, that would provide the best opportunity for entertainment for those that followed. And at first going to mid was great, got into a fight with mids trying to gank the bg leaving bled. Blend was high level and was semi fun, hoping to find another fight soon though...but it just became 3x keeps without any resistence.

So now i look back and think was there another option? A way to draw hibs out from keeps, find open fights else where.

I liked the idea about going hib but ive done that, the result is the same. Hibs rush to crim and wait. Happens nearly everytime.

So what other options, as a leader, could i have made?

Syskaru
Myrmidon

Postby Syskaru » Apr 13, 2018 18:53

What's funny is we ran out to take back some of our keeps and random folks joined up with us. We didn't build groups around certain specs and try to 8man.

We manage to take a few keeps kill a few groups in open combat. Pretty much went down like any other night. The only real problem with Albion is you have to mix and match so many classes to fill the roles of hybrids in other realms or you run into problems with things like the range or the fact no one plays a class you need.

Don't get me wrong I'm not ****** I had fun and got my 8k worth of rps doing a few runs it's not like its going to be easy playing hard mode after all. You have to know that starting out on the Alb side this patch level is going to hurt you.

Most of the groups you run into will be RR5 + at least during NA time and the problem is that most Alb groups are Sub RR5 and are random make ups. It's not really that people suck or don't play right or this or that. Half the time people log in now they are just killing time until they can make a new toon on the new server and enjoy the game again.
- Syska Animist
- Sysk Cleric

Alive
Guardian

Postby Alive » Apr 13, 2018 19:04

Well as far as drawing the hibs out, I can say that my group wasn't likely to go anywhere. Our druid and I (bard) had already stayed on much longer than we had planned at that point but we stuck around hoping for a big last fight, which you guys certainly delivered, but had to leave after that first engagement.

We would have loved to find you guys open field, though. We were coming from fighting the mid zerg in SH, and were hoping to catch you either at Beno or on the road to Ren, but obviously we didn't get there in time. But that's putting a huge amount of faith in your one sorc to engage us open field with that setup.

Ownnyn
Eagle Knight

Postby Ownnyn » Apr 13, 2018 19:13

Alive wrote:Well as far as drawing the hibs out, I can say that my group wasn't likely to go anywhere. Our druid and I (bard) had already stayed on much longer than we had planned at that point but we stuck around hoping for a big last fight, which you guys certainly delivered, but had to leave after that first engagement.

We would have loved to find you guys open field, though. We were coming from fighting the mid zerg in SH, and were hoping to catch you either at Beno or on the road to Ren, but obviously we didn't get there in time. But that's putting a huge amount of faith in your one sorc to engage us open field with that setup.
Yes i love open field fights but its hard to find some nights. None of this is pointed towards hibs.

My goal, when i lead, is to provide as entertaining an evening of rvr possible. So im looking for suggestions. I dont like ramming down empty keeps no more than suiciding on a hib bomb bg. Just looking for other options

Next

Return to Realm versus Realm