Lfm Albion 8v8 EU 9pm+

Talk about your RvR experience here
kpax
Myrmidon

Postby kpax » Mar 26, 2018 21:52

Since 8 man on alb currently is pretty inactive and its impossible to form pug for 8v8 i want start a try to find some players on ALb who feel the same and didnt loose the motivation to challenge HIB/MID.

Setup:
Caba me
Sorc
Cleric
Cleric
Minstrel
Minstrel/Theu (want test both versions)
Arms
Arms

Llaw
Gryphon Knight

Postby Llaw » Mar 27, 2018 00:48

Thank you for trying.
Siege - Warrior
Envoy - Bard
Aegis - Blademaster
Ethical - Mentalist

Vick
Myrmidon

Postby Vick » Mar 27, 2018 06:42

Good to try to do something for our realm !
I saw you very active on /lfg which is nice.

You can find some good players to build PUG all over the day but it seems on alb we need more people who build and lead groups, not only BGs but 8man also :)
Sofely FrenchFlair - Sorceress 7Lx <Sturmklingen>

Qunie
Warder

Postby Qunie » Mar 27, 2018 09:13

Probably add another Theu instead of one Arms. You'll get better chances.

Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » Mar 27, 2018 09:40

Qunie wrote:Probably add another Theu instead of one Arms. You'll get better chances.

I don't know for the sake of PUGing I would keep it more tanky.
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

Skallman
Myrmidon

Postby Skallman » Mar 27, 2018 09:44

Keep it up kpax!

Imo, new grp, nrew ppl, you will die offen, alot. And to not get ppl quiting fast I would choose something more forgiving, less advanced.

Cleric
Cleric
Sorc
Minstrel
Arms
Arms/Merc
Merc
Merc

I guess you wont be as coordinated as Prime or Dark Dawn, which is needed is hybrid setups. Pick a more forgiving setup, Paper daoc had some success with this one.

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Mar 27, 2018 11:12

best is 2 cleric, 2 minstrel, 2 cab, 1 sorc, 1 theurg. i invented this setup about 2 months ago and it's been proven to defeat all the sh1tt3r 8man hibs/mids (including the 8man hibs/mids that think they are good). ur welcome.
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

norada
Myrmidon

Postby norada » Mar 27, 2018 11:15

Stay 2cler 2minst all tankers and you will pretty much beat all the hib groups running 4 casters every night with sos up.

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Mar 27, 2018 11:19

norada wrote:Stay 2cler 2minst all tankers and you will pretty much beat all the hib groups running 4 casters every night with sos up.

although this tank setup is probably easy to adapt to as a pug, u wont beat top groups with this...not enough dmg. if u want to beat everyone as alb u gotta run caster setup, high risk high reward~

if ur cab, minstrel, and sorc are on point...then u should be fine.
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Mar 27, 2018 12:39

I'd take the advice from someone who has 8manned on Albion, the last 6 months, with succes, over someone who never tried alb.

But caster groups have less room for mistakes, one slipup can result in wipe.
Albion and having fun

Skallman
Myrmidon

Postby Skallman » Mar 27, 2018 14:56

Thats what I been telling. Caster or hybrid setups are high risk, high reward.

But if you wanne try to run a PUG with random ppl, dont make it high risk, couse you will only end quiting... how amny times havent you already tryed it kpax?

Go tanky, and you will atleast win some. With caster heavy setup you wont have much chanse vs caster heavy hib, not the best grps like Rebirth or TKT.

norada
Myrmidon

Postby norada » Mar 27, 2018 16:12

Skallman wrote:Thats what I been telling. Caster or hybrid setups are high risk, high reward.

But if you wanne try to run a PUG with random ppl, dont make it high risk, couse you will only end quiting... how amny times havent you already tryed it kpax?

Go tanky, and you will atleast win some. With caster heavy setup you wont have much chanse vs caster heavy hib, not the best grps like Rebirth or TKT.

exactly. if youre pugging it or just random new players you gotta cheese it up and run something like 2cler 2minst 3merc 1arms. you should be able to win most of your fights with good incs + sos on hib caster groups. can cheese out a lot of wins

ntc
Myrmidon

Postby ntc » Mar 27, 2018 16:22

reliance on SoS is a faulty strategy.

two tanks in alb is needed, pref arms/merc, therg, cab, sorc, minst. these two minst groups are for memes only.
Rune - Ntce
Arms - Ntco
Cab - Magas

Old AE Vids

(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGLd2U4tEJE
(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45zPBzc9_0
(Gareth) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4eC1K4o1bM

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Mar 27, 2018 16:45

ntc wrote:reliance on SoS is a faulty strategy.

two tanks in alb is needed, pref arms/merc, therg, cab, sorc, minst. these two minst groups are for memes only.

full caster alb is way more powerful than hybrid, especially in today's rvr where everyone is higher rank with moc etc. even 1 minstrel 5 caster 2 cleric (assuming the players have chemistry and the casters don't get caught on inc like idiots) is way better than buds 1.0 hybrid setup.

only reason why buds hybrid used to win fights is cus the mids n hibs back then were lower rank and pbuk/keeibsy carried the team while u guys collected free rps. also, u weren't even in the starting lineup...u were 2nd or 3rd string.

don't get it twisted, nerdcake.

ntc
Myrmidon

Postby ntc » Mar 27, 2018 17:02

virulent- wrote:
ntc wrote:reliance on SoS is a faulty strategy.

full caster alb is way more powerful than hybrid, especially in today's rvr where everyone is higher rank with moc etc. even 1 minstrel 5 caster 2 cleric (assuming the players have chemistry and the casters don't get caught on inc like idiots) is way better than buds 1.0 hybrid setup.

only reason why buds hybrid used to win fights is cus the mids n hibs back then were lower rank and pbuk/keeibsy carried the team while u guys collected free rps. also, u weren't even in the starting lineup...u were 2nd or 3rd string.

don't get it twisted, nerdcake.

Say what you want. I see a lot of losing and complaining in alb, and nobody is running two tanks/hybrid. There is no way a single alb tank can control a mid/hib tanker. A full caster setup vs hib caster is too reliant on purge for red NS, and you will never beat 3 purges. Alb caster is powerful, but not balanced. Powerful wins 1 fight, balanced wins most fights. This reliance on 30 min timers is ridiculous.

PS, drastic adding in 8 man fights and being in 8 man fights is quite different. (so don't get it twisted)
Rune - Ntce
Arms - Ntco
Cab - Magas

Old AE Vids

(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGLd2U4tEJE
(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45zPBzc9_0
(Gareth) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4eC1K4o1bM

Next

Return to Realm versus Realm