Why take the relics if you don't want them?

Talk about your RvR experience here
pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Mar 27, 2018 06:45

Austerim wrote:Someone powerlevel me and I'll get the relics back for Midgard. 8)

I could see you wilsoning with the relic. Then we would finally know where you run instead. :D

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Mar 27, 2018 07:27

Liah wrote:
Eorkern wrote:Not the first time nor the last this kind of situation happens.

yes but why?

That was smart from the hibs. If mids want their own relic back they have to raid Albion first...
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Qunie
Warder

Postby Qunie » Mar 27, 2018 09:07

Eithne wrote:Stop the whining. Hibs are not coordinating with albs.

We take the relics or beat down the doors because we want to cost other realms money, stir up action, or just because it’s fun. That’s the point of the game. There’s no elaborate scheme between the albs and hibs. Sometimes we like to take the relics and just ditch them somewhere.

Oh thanks. Makes so much more sens now.

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Mar 27, 2018 15:41

pweet wrote:I could see you wilsoning with the relic. Then we would finally know where you run instead. :D
I'll never reveal my wilsoning routes. :twisted:
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

Shinyuka
Myrmidon

Postby Shinyuka » Mar 27, 2018 18:14

from the <We Play For Keeps> discord..

Fugees on Hib . Kiss - Yesterday at 3:02 PM
Hello , if you want free relic , we put relic MID face TP ALB ( its free )
Grz !

and yes, it was a clever move.. :D

vadox
Banned

Postby vadox » Mar 27, 2018 23:18

Shinyuka wrote:from the <We Play For Keeps> discord..

Fugees on Hib . Kiss - Yesterday at 3:02 PM
Hello , if you want free relic , we put relic MID face TP ALB ( its free )
Grz !

and yes, it was a clever move.. :D

Splitquick should resign and get his 1 million keeps title stripped and sent back to the farm he came from.

borog
Phoenix Knight

Postby borog » Mar 27, 2018 23:49

i didnt think you could take a relic if you didnt own your own first?

you cant pick up from the RK until you put your relic back in your own RK, so why can you take it if some other realm picks it up first?

genuine question btw, i really wanted to know.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Mar 27, 2018 23:56

You can't take it from a *pad*. You can take it from the field.

I previously thought this too but the evidence is quite clear that anyone can pick it once it is off the relic pad.

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Mar 28, 2018 00:55

Yeah we had alot of confusing going on in Alliance while all of this was going on, with the relic carrier being in Forest Sauvage.

Some people didnt think an interception was possible by albs, since they didnt have their own relic captured. However you can intercept some other realm who are able to pick it up, and then bring it back and score the 10%bonus for holding it.

This also leads to the misunderstanding that capturing an interception relic will give you the bonus for 1 enemy relic captured = 10% and dont mistake it for total ammount of relics needed to get 10%( where as you often need your own first, to be able to capture enemy relics)
<<Bombling>> - Supp SM Lvl 50 - RR 7L0
Bombling Saga part I - VI.
Magnetling Part I&II.
Retired on Uthgard for now. Warhammer RoR private server, and CU beta testing.

vadox
Banned

Postby vadox » Mar 28, 2018 01:06

it is perfectly legal to drop relic anywhere you want w/out cooperating with other realms.

however, most of the time, that is not what is happening so parties involved in coordinating attack on relic, sharing relics or even informing another realm player on enemy positions or intentions because they sit in bg - should be persecuted. This kind of behavior discourages players to even go into frontier. Many 8 men groups that supposedly hate being 'added' , somehow think that sharing information on discord and arranging fights is perfectly normal. Well, sorry to bring this to you, but adding is perfectly normal and most casual players play realm vs realm game but x-realming IS NOT.

My group usually does not add not because we believe in this theory but because we respect SOME (not all) 8 men in our realm. They know who they are. On live, this would NEVER be the case back in 2003, when we had thousand players in frontiers, respecting 8x8 fights is pure idiocy.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Mar 28, 2018 08:31

Would be nice to get confirmed that dropping the relic was fine, but telling albs it was dropped and where, is not okay.

This is also why not attacking an enemy is fine, but agreeing on some forum/chat to not do it, is not okay.
Albion and having fun

MT-Pear
Phoenix Knight

Postby MT-Pear » Mar 28, 2018 08:54

Spivo wrote:Would be nice to get confirmed that dropping the relic was fine, but telling albs it was dropped and where, is not okay.

This is also why not attacking an enemy is fine, but agreeing on some forum/chat to not do it, is not okay.

IF you take a look at the "ban forum" you'll see your confirmation

Tau
Warder

Postby Tau » Mar 28, 2018 09:05

What I am wondering is, while his stood 2fg + 1 group of randoms at Mjolnirr.

I saw 30± mids passing passing me in Odin to bledmeer. (Guard death spam said 27 enemies)
After you took bladmeer, and hibs where on Mjollnir.. where did you go?

Liilbedh
Myrmidon

Postby Liilbedh » Mar 28, 2018 13:23

Tau wrote:What I am wondering is, while his stood 2fg + 1 group of randoms at Mjolnirr.

I saw 30± mids passing passing me in Odin to bledmeer. (Guard death spam said 27 enemies)
After you took bladmeer, and hibs where on Mjollnir.. where did you go?

it was chaos... my smallman grp ran straight to the relic keep.but we were too late and had no chance also.

the bg want to wait at hmg for the hibs. but bg leader want to roam... we said that the relic was in jamtland but leader roamed in uppland

mids are sometimes headless and a little bit lost when they have to lead a bg :wink:
Sania III
Drachengarde
PacHealer

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Mar 28, 2018 15:15

Liilbedh wrote:it was chaos... my smallman grp ran straight to the relic keep.but we were too late and had no chance also.

the bg want to wait at hmg for the hibs. but bg leader want to roam... we said that the relic was in jamtland but leader roamed in uppland

mids are sometimes headless and a little bit lost when they have to lead a bg :wink:

"No Holsten" factor?
Albion and having fun

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm