Why take the relics if you don't want them?

Talk about your RvR experience here
Eithne
Warder

Postby Eithne » Mar 26, 2018 17:47

Stop the whining. Hibs are not coordinating with albs.

We take the relics or beat down the doors because we want to cost other realms money, stir up action, or just because it’s fun. That’s the point of the game. There’s no elaborate scheme between the albs and hibs. Sometimes we like to take the relics and just ditch them somewhere.
Bring your lowest expectations and your sense of adventure!
I’m sticking, I’m sprinting, and I’m ready to perform poorly!”

Eithne: Your tears taste like victory!
Sjet: Why are you licking my face???
Cirath: You obviously don’t know Eithne....

Liah
Myrmidon

Postby Liah » Mar 26, 2018 17:57

No one said you were coordinating with them, I also don’t see any whining. I’ve posted you got the relics cause we didn’t stand a chance. I literally only asked why you wouldn’t keep them and if it’s easier for you if the albs have them.

Also tried to figure out what causes a ban and what not. We mids also had all six relics, would be nice to know how to make sure we still have some guards protecting the relics while we give one away
Khadafi: You guys are getting schooled by Liah
Khadafi: Get your skills up
Kunta: School these rookies Liah

Llaw
Gryphon Knight

Postby Llaw » Mar 26, 2018 18:02

It is obvious why everything transpired the way it did if you just think about it a little.

Hibs didn't want six relics, for obvious reasons.

Hibs didn't want Midgard to have any Strength relics, for obvious reasons.

Every Midgard player who comes out to RvR each night should be happy you lost these relics, because it will generate more action for you in the frontiers.
Siege - Warrior
Envoy - Bard
Aegis - Blademaster
Ethical - Mentalist

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Mar 26, 2018 18:03

Llaw wrote:It is obvious why everything transpired the way it did if you just think about it a little.

Hibs didn't want six relics, for obvious reasons.

Hibs didn't want Midgard to have any Strength relics, for obvious reasons.

Every Midgard player who comes out to RvR each night should be happy you lost these relics, because it will generate more action for you in the frontiers.

This!
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Aenea
Warder

Postby Aenea » Mar 26, 2018 18:27

Never seen such a BabyRage/whining ppl/realm like mids in my life even though playing with broken realm abilities such a long time. QQ more buds.

Liah
Myrmidon

Postby Liah » Mar 26, 2018 18:30

Like i've said, this isn't supposed to be a whine post. I don't mind us losing the relics, as stated right before.. gives the mids sth to do ;)
Khadafi: You guys are getting schooled by Liah
Khadafi: Get your skills up
Kunta: School these rookies Liah

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Mar 26, 2018 20:34

[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

Avrel
Guardian

Postby Avrel » Mar 26, 2018 20:59

stop cry plz

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Mar 26, 2018 21:14

Why are people going so much in defensive and assuming this is Cry me a river topic, Liah is simply asking the reasoning behind. And turned out to be a clever move by the Hibs, being the servers Robin Hood donating alms to the poor :lol:

Only reason the question is raised about if this was against the server rules is because there was a rumor about a midgard player once got banned for giving the 3rd realm a relic, to prevent the very same loss of the 30% relic guards from holding 5relics instead of 6.

So... Everything is pretty much gucci here, unless devs say its against the rules to do these sort of Donations.
Proceed to killing eachother
<<Bombling>> - Supp SM Lvl 50 - RR 7L0
Bombling Saga part I - VI.
Magnetling Part I&II.
Retired on Uthgard for now. Warhammer RoR private server, and CU beta testing.

trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Mar 26, 2018 21:40

wonshot wrote:Why are people going so much in defensive and assuming this is Cry me a river topic, Liah is simply asking the reasoning behind. And turned out to be a clever move by the Hibs, being the servers Robin Hood donating alms to the poor :lol:

Only reason the question is raised about if this was against the server rules is because there was a rumor about a midgard player once got banned for giving the 3rd realm a relic, to prevent the very same loss of the 30% relic guards from holding 5relics instead of 6.

So... Everything is pretty much gucci here, unless devs say its against the rules to do these sort of Donations.
Proceed to killing eachother

Probably because I'm a Hib, but I've never heard that rumor. Effectively handing a relic to another realm has been done at least a half dozen times since 2.0 went live, in my memory.

To your question of Why, in the past we've banged on relic doors to get action. No action happens, we wind up taking the relic to maybe get action. No action still, fine, we'll take the relic somewhere else and try to get action. Last time I saw it in person is when we dumped the relic off at the Yggdra or Uppland (forget) keep and then went elsewhere. Actually taking the relic to Albion seems like a lot more travel time than I'd be up for, but /shrug.

It does create a fun hide and seek game, if folks are willing to seek it. I hope that clarifies your original question.

Also confused why people getting hostile about this question.
Alainna

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Mar 26, 2018 21:55

sounds like a qq thread cus mids lost the relic...qq~

also, thx for the 10k~ rp solo in 30 mins picking off mids running SF to str rk in uppland to defend their 'precious' relics.
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Mar 26, 2018 22:18

trademark wrote:To your question of Why, in the past we've banged on relic doors to get action. No action happens, we wind up taking the relic to maybe get action. No action still, fine, we'll take the relic somewhere else and try to get action. Last time I saw it in person is when we dumped the relic off at the Yggdra or Uppland (forget) keep and then went elsewhere. Actually taking the relic to Albion seems like a lot more travel time than I'd be up for, but /shrug.

It does create a fun hide and seek game, if folks are willing to seek it. I hope that clarifies your original question.

Also confused why people getting hostile about this question.

Perfectly fine :wink:
We ran with a trio in Sauvage to solve the mystery of what was going on, found hibs on inner and got killed by them. Ported back, ran to sauvage to stop any albs coming out, since it was obv that the donation thing was happening, but got overrun by Maxisto group, who then 2min later picked up the relic.

And that is why I made my first comment, about you missed out on plenty more kills instead of just donating it to the Albs.

But hey must be fun for the albs to wake up to a repair bill :lol:
<<Bombling>> - Supp SM Lvl 50 - RR 7L0
Bombling Saga part I - VI.
Magnetling Part I&II.
Retired on Uthgard for now. Warhammer RoR private server, and CU beta testing.

Ruffletuft
Myrmidon

Postby Ruffletuft » Mar 26, 2018 22:42

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comiccon
Warder

Postby Comiccon » Mar 27, 2018 01:26

Well this post just melts my DAoC heart!

You (@mids) say its not a whining post for losing the relics but then you involve the devs and rules if thats something not worth banning, i mean really?! What hibs did was basic strategy which seems that the OP had no clue about because he's an 8v8 man, why would you even care? Guess losing this morning to hibs over and over again triggered you mh? I dont need an answer, i know it already :)

Enjoy the game with it's ups and downs!

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Mar 27, 2018 02:28

Someone powerlevel me and I'll get the relics back for Midgard. 8)
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm