@tree (animist)

Talk about your RvR experience here
wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Mar 06, 2018 22:18

Those shrooms you managed to plant in several of the midcontroled hib keeps in hibfrontier. Are they leggit?

I cant judge from the inside if you have vision of that groundtarget, when you can drop a shroomstack inside the staircase of the siloshaped keeps, and therefor can attack players in all angles inside the entire staircase. Both when i was at the inside of innerdoor, and all the way up to lordroom where my only chase to break Line of Sight?

if yes, fair play. if not.. well please stop :)
<<Bombling>> - Supp SM Lvl 50 - RR 7L0
Bombling Saga part I - VI.
Magnetling Part I&II.
Retired on Uthgard for now. Warhammer RoR private server, and CU beta testing.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Mar 07, 2018 00:33

Animist are able to exploit shrooms so they can not be attacked.in doubt you should appeal and a GM will check.
Not saying that this is what was happening.

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Mar 07, 2018 05:12

pweet wrote:Animist are able to exploit shrooms so they can not be attacked.in doubt you should appeal and a GM will check.
Not saying that this is what was happening.

Yeah I know, i didnt have a chance to walk up an try a pbaoe on the stack in the window/stairs to test if they were "bugged". And since i saw from the killspam it was Tree, and he usually makes very reasonable posts on here I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It was pretty danm nasty. I first heard the call(Teamspeak) about the shroomstack when i was on the bottom of the innerkeep, and they were attacking me all the way from inner door up till i almost reached lordroom. giving them good 15sec uptime on him and resulting in my dieing to them.
Magnetling Part I&II.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Mar 07, 2018 08:35

Can these gt´s be «collected» for later use makeing macro gt`s ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MT-Pear
Phoenix Knight

Postby MT-Pear » Mar 07, 2018 10:24

I don't know any command to set a GT on a specific coordinate.

There are multiple options to set a GT:
/groundset xxx -> sets a GT xxx units away in the direction you are looking
/groundassist %t -> get the same GT as your target
groundset keyboard setting -> let you set the GT in mouse look. Mouse movement determines the direction and distance from you, mouse wheel determines the Z-coordinate

Last one can be abused (as far as I understood) by setting the GT in the air, out of melee range. The shroom "model" appears on the ground but the shroom "target" is still in the air.
As far as I remembered, that was fixed in UTH1, so they also set the "target" to where the "model" appears. But my memory might fail me :)

I've read in forums that you are also able to set GTs using arrow keys, but I'm not able to verify it (I'm at work atm).

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Mar 07, 2018 13:29

wonshot wrote:resulting in my dieing to them.

Someone died in a RvR zone.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Syskaru
Myrmidon

Postby Syskaru » Mar 07, 2018 15:51

With Aninist you are unable to float mushrooms in the air. It still gives the error message.

Now this doesnt mean he didnt have a stealther giving him gt assist locations.

Shrooms are timer based so they won't stay long.
- Syska Animist
- Sysk Cleric

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Mar 07, 2018 15:58

nightshades providing high quality GT's for animists, GTAE, and TWF is standard procedure in Hib BG's. On top of keeping defending casters busy on the walls, running rams on inner doors, and killing archers. Our sneaky wall climbing folks add alot of value to a siege. Plus, assaulting defended keeps is alot of fun as a NS.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Mar 07, 2018 16:11

You could just have written a pm if your intention wasn't to call him out...

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Mar 07, 2018 17:23

Maybe to explain the situation from my perspective: first door was open, our grp retreated to inner tower (so no stealthers there), just at that point our aug healer had ld (****** happens), inside the inner tower but close to the door. We waited like 1 min for him to log back in, but it took too long. At that point I called everyone up to the lord, but at every window, and even inside the rondel way up, quite away from the windows, were big stacks of shrooms everywhere, that killed 2 of us on the way up, wasted a lot of RA and used the whole power for healing from the remaining healer and shaman.
I think thats the usual stuff against animists, I was not surprised. But the shroom stacks inside a closed tower, with no possible LoS, was at least something new for me.
I don't blame anyone for bug using, just what happened.

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Mar 07, 2018 21:14

I understand how stealther can provide groundtargets to assist, that is why i tried to explain the situation if this being inside inner keep, on the actual stairs. shroom stack at the window, shooting down on people behind inner door. inside! Wrote that in order to not get all the "i think i know whats going on here let me explain it" posts.

Could i had sent him a pm, sure. but since this did indeed seem fishy, i wanted the added presure of doing it puplic with the chance of me getting told its working as intented and "git gud".

Feel free to close the topic if this is against forum rules, since i did indeed adress the person in the name. Though not for calling anyone out accusing him, but merely asking if he thinks this was legit shrooms. no reply yet, either he saw and chose not to reply and hopefully this will not happend again. or he simply didnt see it.

Anyways, new evening. New deaths. see you out there!
Magnetling Part I&II.

Lazyghost
Myrmidon

Postby Lazyghost » Mar 07, 2018 23:29

rich from the guy that pobaoes through doors and walls......

working as intended

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Mar 08, 2018 00:23

Lazyghost wrote:rich from the guy that pobaoes through doors and walls......

working as intended

Which all realms can do, the shrooms are limited to one realm.
Albion and having fun

trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Mar 08, 2018 00:30

holsten-knight wrote:Maybe to explain the situation from my perspective: first door was open, our grp retreated to inner tower (so no stealthers there), just at that point our aug healer had ld (****** happens), inside the inner tower but close to the door. We waited like 1 min for him to log back in, but it took too long. At that point I called everyone up to the lord, but at every window, and even inside the rondel way up, quite away from the windows, were big stacks of shrooms everywhere, that killed 2 of us on the way up, wasted a lot of RA and used the whole power for healing from the remaining healer and shaman.
I think thats the usual stuff against animists, I was not surprised. But the shroom stacks inside a closed tower, with no possible LoS, was at least something new for me.
I don't blame anyone for bug using, just what happened.

So the shrooms were in the windows? Inside or outside?

If inside, that'd be a pretty easy GT to set and because of how open the LOS is in the spiral, Tree could fairly easily have set those shrooms up from a couple floors up, in LOS of the window but out of LOS of the folks on the ground. Once one window is setup, he could have moved onto another. With more than 1 animist, you could put up a reasonable amount of Shrooms. With just 1 Animist, it'd be difficult to heavily fortify every window, due to power constraints. If they were outside the window, on the wall, I'm not familiar with any locations that you can place a FnF shroom on the outside of a tower, as I always get a "You cannot place in the air!" error. Note that controlled pets don't get this error.

Also, regarding the previous note of "I thought that was fixed on Uth?", there are some locations you can place a shroom in the air. It seems to be a fairly manual fix, rather than global, so while in many locations you get the "You cannot place in the air!" error (even when sometimes erroneous), there are still some this can be done. If you see this, as mentioned, appealing will generally get a GM chatting with the animist in question.
Alainna

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Mar 10, 2018 12:21

Ah sorry didnt see that until now, normally dont read the RvR forum, because I play so little. :lol:

Placing shrooms on keeps takes quite a lot of skill and doesnt work in all places. Most animists have no clue how to work groundtargets, so rest assured, its not something you will see every day.
Outer keep is easy when you have nightshade support, they can give you working targets on any place of the ramparts. If you dont have a nightshade there are some places, depending on keep.
Inner keeps are more tricky, Hib is probably the easiest with their lower left window. Alb can work sometimes, depending on keep, as well as Mid, though I havent played them much these past 15 years.

Most ground targeted spells work floating, meaning you can place their center anywhere you want, which makes it quite nice in keep warfare. Shrooms always need a target that validly places them on level ground and you need to have line of sight. Floating shrooms or shrooms cast through walls dont exist on Uthgard as far as I know.

As a defender my advise would be to avoid the usual places or kill me as fast as possible. :lol:

EDIT: Just wanted to stress once more, as far as I am aware it is completely impossible to cast shrooms without line of sight. So if you believe you were killed by "stacks of shrooms" (plural) sitting on the stairwell well inside the keep, you were either panicking while running up the stairs and getting focused by my shrooms sitting in the window when they got line of sight like "Oh god, shrooms everywhere! They devour me, mercy!" or there was another animist that knows a trick, that I dont know. :lol:
Last edited by Tree on Mar 10, 2018 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Next

Return to Realm versus Realm