Hunters - Pathetic

Talk about your RvR experience here
Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jan 02, 2018 01:38

Please don't make posts about how OP'd hunters are, it will only make people roll more of them . then we're all really screwed.....

Oh and every time an alb scout/inf complains about how rough they have it I lol. You don't even get to experience the fun that is a high RR minstrel. Well, except from running 5 man stealth gank squads to kill exp'ers with them like you do :lol:

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jan 02, 2018 01:46

Moved to RvR.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Raku
Myrmidon

Postby Raku » Jan 02, 2018 01:51

Personally, except when I rolled a caster, I never really had big issues fighting a hunter. I am an Alb, and I would say that even Infiltrators & Mincers are more "OP'd" than hunters are, especially with that patch level. If just take the lvl50 thrust dragonfang and the x2.5 skill multiplier, or the kiting power the mincer class got. And especially on my Friar, I rarely happened to be killed by a Hunter. It's all about HOW you fight a class.

Zob
Myrmidon

Postby Zob » Jan 02, 2018 02:26

Shield > 2 Handed weapons

vack
Warder

Postby vack » Jan 02, 2018 05:32

And 18 years later, nothing has changed......

It is quite comical
Vack
Paladin
Vigilance GM

Llaw
Gryphon Knight

Postby Llaw » Jan 02, 2018 10:44

vack wrote:And 18 years later, nothing has changed......

It is quite comical

Are you a time traveler, or did you actually play this game in 2000?
Siege - Warrior
Envoy - Bard
Aegis - Blademaster
Ethical - Mentalist

Zob
Myrmidon

Postby Zob » Jan 02, 2018 15:27

Lots of us started in 2001-2002. :D

Expfighter
Myrmidon

Postby Expfighter » Jan 02, 2018 16:38

Zob wrote:Lots of us started in 2001-2002. :D

i started in June 2002 on Tristan, but that's NOT 18 years!

Icharus
Myrmidon

Postby Icharus » Jan 02, 2018 19:08

Still the same old Exp everyone on Tristan knew and loved. (((hug)))

Don't let the game affect your blood pressure bud! :wink:

trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Jan 02, 2018 19:15

Don't feed the trolls.
Alainna

DaytonChambers
Warder

Postby DaytonChambers » Jan 05, 2018 04:23

Expfighter wrote: ok you tell me how to fight a hunter when you slam the hunter, and before the slam he ****** out his diseased dog and while you try to shoot follow up shots they are interupted by the plaqued pooch?

or maybe

after you slam the hunter you try to get some distance to shoot but when you pan behind you the hunter is flying at light speed to you with a speed burst that scouts dont get

or maybe

after you slam the hunter you try a follow up shot right there, and are interupted 9/10 times and then the hunters ****** out the dog and spears your ass

which one of those would you say is a LEARN TO PLAY MOMENT? give me your insights and let me shoot down each one! or why dont you STFU and play your 1 trick pathetic class!

Calls Hunters 1 trick ponies.

Opens every fight encounter scenario with slam.

Pot, meet kettle.

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Jan 05, 2018 22:14

DaytonChambers wrote:
Expfighter wrote: ok you tell me how to fight a hunter when you slam the hunter, and before the slam he ****** out his diseased dog and while you try to shoot follow up shots they are interupted by the plaqued pooch?

or maybe

after you slam the hunter you try to get some distance to shoot but when you pan behind you the hunter is flying at light speed to you with a speed burst that scouts dont get

or maybe

after you slam the hunter you try a follow up shot right there, and are interupted 9/10 times and then the hunters ****** out the dog and spears your ass

which one of those would you say is a LEARN TO PLAY MOMENT? give me your insights and let me shoot down each one! or why dont you STFU and play your 1 trick pathetic class!

Calls Hunters 1 trick ponies.

Opens every fight encounter scenario with slam.

Pot, meet kettle.

Well, it also doesn't help that he ignores the advice of players who are better than him... I detailed every solution to his complaints, but all I got out of him was more whining. Look at his post history, that's all he does. Whine.

Danni-k
Warder

Postby Danni-k » Jan 07, 2018 02:57

Dear Expfighter

Maybe you should just accept that DaoC is at least in some parts based on a stone,scissor,paper principle and a hunter is not the best target for a scout as long as you cant open the fight with your bow.
I dont know if you opened that thread after our fight in yggdra but i think you did, but just for example ...with my SB i am just ****** up if i meet a minstreal who knows how to kite but i dont rage(at least not here at the forum*g) no i just try to do it better next time with using dd charges or at least i try to stay alive as long as possible in hope my opponent is making a mistake or in some cases i just dont attack (if they have a red or better pet ...or the OP empyria pet).
I made my Piece with the game and acceptet that in some cases i am just mightless maybe you should do the same and sry for the dismiss emote but that was just cause you gave me a rude after you killed me during farming the day before.

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Jan 07, 2018 12:19

ofc daoc is a stone/paper/scissor game, especially when it comes to 1vs1... can I expect to win a fight againt a well played minstrel as warrior? Hell no way.
Can you expect to win a fair fight against a well played hunter? Maybe not...

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jan 07, 2018 13:45

Danni-k wrote:with my SB i am just ****** up if i meet a minstreal who knows how to kite but i dont rage

For kiting it always need two: the one who's kiting and the one who's kited.

It should be possible for an SB to just stealth away and be fine with it.

But greed, right?

Additional, I really don't understand why people bother playing Scout, and even rage about when they lose a fight. Humans. I will never understand them.
Albion Forever!

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm