When relic changes hands every...

Talk about your RvR experience here
Liah
Myrmidon

Postby Liah » Dec 11, 2017 22:03

shatton1987 wrote:Who exactly is the underdog realm though?

This... it changes according to times... and so do the relics.
Khadafi: You guys are getting schooled by Liah
Khadafi: Get your skills up
Kunta: School these rookies Liah

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Dec 11, 2017 22:31

Ever changing, but currently albs and hibs don't seem to be doing much in the rvr department.

So really, keeping relics away from mids seems like a good idea, unless it changes.
Albion and having fun

DraakOG
Warder

Postby DraakOG » Dec 11, 2017 22:36

As a mid, i just stopped showing up to RvR at NA time. Albs consistently run 3-6 fgs at night till 3 am eastern. As mentioned earlier, mids seem to be able to muster 2FG at BEST. This is not an even match up and I am tired of feeding more rp's to already rank 5/6's who just run around and take keeps.

Maybe albs could split up into mini zergs. I mention this to not just be someone who complains and doesn't at least try to provide a solution.

When you clearly outnumber the enemy 2:1 or 3:1 you should probably split and attack multiple targets, IE 2fg hit Bled and 2fg hit Nott, and see who gets what action.

Maybe we would hit you if we felt we stood a chance statistically.

But yea, other than that NA is dead because the structure of schools and jobs is different over here. We don't do school all year round so parents have to babysit in summers. We don't get nearly as many paid vacation hours etc etc. The NA players that used to love this game are busy playing the roll of Boss, Coworker, Parent, Babysitter etc etc or working 2 jobs just to be able to do room and board...but this is not uthgard's problem.

However, You combine that with a clearly slow exp grind, and I don't think the players want to feel like its a job to get to 50 here in addition to their real lives. I play very actively but a common scenario is this:

1) I log in, no mid BG
2) check DF, belongs to Mid because EU took it, thus no enemies to kill on stealther in there
3) check frontiers only to be attacked by something that outnumbers me
4) after hunting down groups with no success, i succumb to either leveling an alt or helping a guildie
5) at this point i succumb to boredom and log after about an hour because I already have 3 50's and another 42 so whats the point if the first 3 cant ever find an rvr group.

Not to beat a dead horse, but if everyone could get to 50 faster, I think you'd have a lot more people in rvr. Do some NA players have the time and dedication to level 1 50 and multiple alts, yes because i did it myself. But the rest of NA is not a divorced dad like myself with tons of hours on hand due to a variable schedule.

I'd also like to invite everyone that left MID and went to ALB or HIB back to MID. Y'all left to balance the action but seemed to all leave at the same time and head to the same realm.... FOTM /cough

Liah
Myrmidon

Postby Liah » Dec 11, 2017 22:43

Yes but albs have the same problem during Euro time atm it seems.. thats what i meant. One realm is always the underdog, it just depends on the time :)
Khadafi: You guys are getting schooled by Liah
Khadafi: Get your skills up
Kunta: School these rookies Liah

Expfighter
Myrmidon

Postby Expfighter » Dec 28, 2017 02:22

DraakOG wrote:As a mid, i just stopped showing up to RvR at NA time. Albs consistently run 3-6 fgs at night till 3 am eastern. As mentioned earlier, mids seem to be able to muster 2FG at BEST. This is not an even match up and I am tired of feeding more rp's to already rank 5/6's who just run around and take keeps.

Maybe albs could split up into mini zergs. I mention this to not just be someone who complains and doesn't at least try to provide a solution.

When you clearly outnumber the enemy 2:1 or 3:1 you should probably split and attack multiple targets, IE 2fg hit Bled and 2fg hit Nott, and see who gets what action.

Maybe we would hit you if we felt we stood a chance statistically.

But yea, other than that NA is dead because the structure of schools and jobs is different over here. We don't do school all year round so parents have to babysit in summers. We don't get nearly as many paid vacation hours etc etc. The NA players that used to love this game are busy playing the roll of Boss, Coworker, Parent, Babysitter etc etc or working 2 jobs just to be able to do room and board...but this is not uthgard's problem.

However, You combine that with a clearly slow exp grind, and I don't think the players want to feel like its a job to get to 50 here in addition to their real lives. I play very actively but a common scenario is this:

1) I log in, no mid BG
2) check DF, belongs to Mid because EU took it, thus no enemies to kill on stealther in there
3) check frontiers only to be attacked by something that outnumbers me
4) after hunting down groups with no success, i succumb to either leveling an alt or helping a guildie
5) at this point i succumb to boredom and log after about an hour because I already have 3 50's and another 42 so whats the point if the first 3 cant ever find an rvr group.

Not to beat a dead horse, but if everyone could get to 50 faster, I think you'd have a lot more people in rvr. Do some NA players have the time and dedication to level 1 50 and multiple alts, yes because i did it myself. But the rest of NA is not a divorced dad like myself with tons of hours on hand due to a variable schedule.

I'd also like to invite everyone that left MID and went to ALB or HIB back to MID. Y'all left to balance the action but seemed to all leave at the same time and head to the same realm.... FOTM /cough

OMG HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, an Easymode Mid crying about ANYTHING is Hilarious!

kneecaH
Warder

Postby kneecaH » Jan 23, 2018 06:28

The reason these albs are running 4-6 fg late at night is because they are literally braindead and afk. At least with 5 fgs they cam overwhelm a single good group by opening with 6 sos’ and bof. If they split into mini zergs they would get farmed by good NA mid groups like Tilt. These albs have no interest in taking advantage of the skill based side of the game and mostly play for social reasons. They are literally what I would call “garbage” players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Llaw
Gryphon Knight

Postby Llaw » Jan 23, 2018 09:35

Responded to ancient post.

SORRY.
Siege - Warrior
Envoy - Bard
Aegis - Blademaster
Ethical - Mentalist

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » Jan 23, 2018 10:18

kneecaH wrote:The reason these albs are running 4-6 fg late at night is because they are literally braindead and afk. At least with 5 fgs they cam overwhelm a single good group by opening with 6 sos’ and bof. If they split into mini zergs they would get farmed by good NA mid groups like Tilt. These albs have no interest in taking advantage of the skill based side of the game and mostly play for social reasons. They are literally what I would call “garbage” players.

Got killed in a RvR-zone? :cry:

Use tactics next time! 8)

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Jan 23, 2018 14:23

kneecaH wrote: mid groups + skill based side of the game

That is funny stuff :lol:
Albion and having fun

Lav
Guardian

Postby Lav » Jan 23, 2018 17:40

I don't have a problem with frequent turn-overs in the frontiers. I grew to dislike the static realm war status I witnessed playing live on Mid/Nimue "way back when" pre-Trials.

There were times when Hib & Alb were the dominant realm, held everything, and no one could manage to muster an effective force against them. And though it seems rarer in my memory, I'm sure there were times when Mids ruled the frontiers as well. For anyone, relic raids were a huge task. As was previously stated, buff bots, defender casters and snipers logged out in the relic keeps were quickly activated when an attacking force would emerge, and a stalemate nearly always would ensue.

The underdog population desired relic raids to recover their sacred artifacts, but would quickly lose the will to slog through a siege, and relic raids became unpopular. Whichever realm managed to get the relics usually held them for a long time. RvR was milegate stealth wars, fighting over a distant keep, avoiding zergs with your puny RR3L4 8-man of causals, and nothing really major being accomplished.

It might be too frequent for some, but at least there is activity.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jan 23, 2018 18:29

Agree with many others here. the best thing about relics is fighting over them. No fun when one realm sits on them all for months at a time...

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Jan 24, 2018 01:00

Personally Im abit sad I havnt managed to be online at a relic defense where we end up holding lordroom, either mids push out and wipe the attackers or its pass my bedtime. I envy the Hibs that, they often get to sit in lordroom and farm.

Atleast mids did a relic attack (succesful or not doesnt matter to me) in the EU primetime a few days ago. Would be a shame if the daily alb zerg did something useful with their numbers instead of the random handholding that never gets you further than Beno or MMG in Hadrians :roll:

But as for the relic situation, Im glad we are not back to the Poler-period where Albs can take 6 relics for "free" daily any more. That was demotivating for all 3 realms with the amount of gate repairs. Personally I liked it the most when all 3 realms had bonuses due to enemy relic captures a month or so back.
<<Bombling>> - Supp SM Lvl 50 - RR 7L0
Bombling Saga part I - VI.
Magnetling Part I&II.
Retired on Uthgard for now. Warhammer RoR private server, and CU beta testing.

Previous

Return to Realm versus Realm