When relic changes hands every...

Talk about your RvR experience here
vadox
Banned

Postby vadox » Dec 10, 2017 15:54

day or more than once a day - it means there is something wrong with the game Relic mechanics and something must be adjusted.
I get that Albs and Hibs can have a 60 player zerg on a daily basis but we had bigger zergs on live and relic was not as easy to get as currently on uthgard. This is not an easy adjustment, however, since, not every realm has these kind of numbers but maybe bigger bonuses for under populated realms, adjust guards based on some criteria, lots of options.

You can run up to a relic keep and pull almost every guard and pbaoe them to death in a matter of seconds. All that will be left is placing 3 rams on a door and taking it down in 5 minutes. Not much brain or strategy involved as long as you get your 50+ followers.

Some will say, you need to look for defenders, block doors etc - no, you don't - if you have a 50+ zerg - it is inefficient to start taking keeps if you are planning to hit the relic eventually. You just go straight to relic, mission accomplished.

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Dec 10, 2017 16:10

while I agree that the relic uber guards from keeps could be harder, I miss the nuking casters on the walls that used to wipe whole zergs for example... I think the main reason why relics change so often is the international server.
Americans take the relics at their time, Euros take it back the other time. Population is not even split on either of the timezones. :wink:

But its fun anyway... just a bit too much relic action every day and night :gaga:

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Dec 10, 2017 16:24

Back when we all played live it was really hard to take them 'on demand', because of you always had lots of defender chars logged in the keeps, mostly casters and such, and there was an overall larger pop that went to relic defense ASAP.

I had a few occasions to be in level grp and as soon as word was spread that the relic is under attack: half the group vanished by logging out and logging into their relic def capable chars. It meant something to the people. We even had call lists to wake up people in the middle of the night to defend a relic, but that was not used that often.

Today I personally don't even care anymore. If it's gone, it's gone, if it's back, fine, if there's bonus: also fine. But it's not 'important'.
Albion Forever!

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Dec 10, 2017 17:24

also theres a list of really boring jobs connected to a relic raid itself on both attacking and defending sides:

Rams. Attackers have to organize how many rams will be carried, who will deploy and on which door. Defenders cant really kill the rams because they have sooo much hp, and its only when the defence has been succesful you are then "forced" to stand and autoattack down somewhere between 3 - 9 rams zzzzzz.

Repairs.
how about a relickeep will have all of its doors fully repaired whenever you capture a relic. Just a sugestion but nothing kills action more than a whole Realm standing around in line donating wood. While the other realm(s) are wondering where the fighting went.Plus ofc, the less wood you spend on repairing relic doors the less pve you have to waste time on :wink:

Good defence classes.
Not that much love for Thanes, Supp SMs, Icewizards, Servant necroes, Animists etc in open field fights. However they do shine in a relic def.

As it is right now I think the population is too low for an universal server with different timezones and three realms, for the current relic system to work. Unless we do we wanna see daily raids and swapping hands? the relic-effect is easy to spot though, havnt seen a hib castergroup out since they lost their power relics :?
Yesterday we had a good spread on the relics, each realm had some bonus and no realm had 20%. seemed fair and could be good for the rvr ballance and population. But then the offhours hit and relics changed hands again.

Im honestly not sure if its the guards, doors, rams or whatever need to change. but unless we wanna see several relic raids daily something really should change. if the problem is cultural and people dont care, well gl changing that :roll:
<<Bombling>> - Supp SM Lvl 50 - RR 7L0
Bombling Saga part I - VI.
Magnetling Part I&II.
Retired on Uthgard for now. Warhammer RoR private server, and CU beta testing.

Eorkern
Gryphon Knight

Postby Eorkern » Dec 10, 2017 18:18

i don't see the problem with relics moving, bring more life to the server.

jalore
Eagle Knight

Postby jalore » Dec 10, 2017 18:27

With emain barely being utilized at times, doing a relic raid is pretty much-guaranteed action. that everyone knows where you are at, on both sides. And all kinds of realm ranks and levels show up for these, as it's a realm event. sometimes the third element shows up during a relic raid.
Image Image
Uthgard 1; Mid: jalora-Runemaster-50-RR5l3-Leg SC, jalori-Thane-50-RR 5l1-LGM-Tailor,jalorie-Shaman-50-RR3l9-Barrel Alch, jalorese-Berserker-48-RR3l4-low-WC,jalorea 50 summon SM, 37 huntress - lgm ac

Live; home server: Mid Gawaine jalorian-healer, jaloria-bd, many jalor and bot army alts GM of forn sidr "we knew drama"

IrisQ
Guardian

Postby IrisQ » Dec 10, 2017 19:52

alot of the relic changing hands has to do with the strength of albs who rvr late night na, we usually can get 3+ groups out til 3am EST, or later, often times we go later then most other NA's of the other realms. I believe, and maybe mi baised, that Trained Again usually led by poler, are active and reliable on an almost nightly basis, and many albs have now worked in our Trained again BG's into part of their playtime schedule. recently hibs have had good numbers but they seem to die down a few hours before we stop. and mids as of recent seem like they struggle to put more then 2 groups together late night NA. Call me biased, but before TA started doing basically nightly BG's late night NA, NA for alb was basically dead, and since then the bg has grown frmo maybe 1 1/2groups to as many as 45+ players.

-Emmigosa

shatton1987
Myrmidon

Postby shatton1987 » Dec 10, 2017 20:21

There is confusion amongst mids as to why albs would want relics. What do u achieve at staying up till the early hours of the morning taking relics when u have no1 to fight ?

Not even EU prime has active albs anymore so it’s almost pointless. Change relics to an RP or XP bonus and see what happens
(Gotsome - Alb retired)
(Rafjord Rascjord - Mid retired)

vadox
Banned

Postby vadox » Dec 10, 2017 23:20

shatton1987 wrote:There is confusion amongst mids as to why albs would want relics. What do u achieve at staying up till the early hours of the morning taking relics when u have no1 to fight ?

Not even EU prime has active albs anymore so it’s almost pointless. Change relics to an RP or XP bonus and see what happens

+1

and...you don't need relics to zerg 4x enemy numbers.

maybe solution is not as complicated as we think, make relic bonus almost worthless, at least for now.

Liah
Myrmidon

Postby Liah » Dec 11, 2017 00:52

But how do the albs provoke at least a bit of action then during na times? :/
Khadafi: You guys are getting schooled by Liah
Khadafi: Get your skills up
Kunta: School these rookies Liah

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Dec 11, 2017 09:30

I always regarded it best to let the underdog realm have the relics.

Gives them a slight edge that might make more of them venture out to RvR (in what ever form that may be).

Power relics are bad in any hands, and really have no clue why mids would want them, if they also want people to play with them.
Albion and having fun

Liah
Myrmidon

Postby Liah » Dec 11, 2017 14:37

Spivo wrote:I always regarded it best to let the underdog realm have the relics.

Gives them a slight edge that might make more of them venture out to RvR (in what ever form that may be).

Power relics are bad in any hands, and really have no clue why mids would want them, if they also want people to play with them.

Cause Hibs ith three powerrelics hurt... alot. :lol:
Khadafi: You guys are getting schooled by Liah
Khadafi: Get your skills up
Kunta: School these rookies Liah

Muriacca
Myrmidon

Postby Muriacca » Dec 11, 2017 16:29

Liah wrote:
Spivo wrote:I always regarded it best to let the underdog realm have the relics.

Cause Hibs ith three powerrelics hurt... alot. :lol:

Dont Need :hammer:

Severian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Severian » Dec 11, 2017 19:16

Lots of relic attempts = a wonderful thing for the server.

Being successful in taking relics literally every time you show up and knock on the doors = bad thing for the server.
Severian, RR5 Skald
Sacrament, RR4 Healer
Darkcircle, RR4 RM

shatton1987
Myrmidon

Postby shatton1987 » Dec 11, 2017 21:21

Who exactly is the underdog realm though?
(Gotsome - Alb retired)
(Rafjord Rascjord - Mid retired)

Next

Return to Realm versus Realm