Remove guard tasks - reason inside

Talk about your RvR experience here
Methusalem
Phoenix Knight

Postby Methusalem » May 07, 2012 13:45

Blue wrote:Then the easiest solution is RR cap for guard tasks. Problem gone and the "bridge" still working.

Your proposal with lowering RP rewards is also possible and makes sense. In the XP system its the question of difficulty how much XP you will get. If you kill green ones you dont get much reward. Same could be applied to guard tasks with higher RR.

RonELuvv wrote:
it should be scaled dependant on RR. As an example:

RR1-4L9- 1250 rp's per solo task
RR5L0-5L9- 1000 rp's per solo task
RR6L0-6L9- 750 rp's per solo task
RR7L0-7L9- 500 rp's per solo task
RR8L0-13L0- 250 rp's per solo task

i like this

Healowner wrote:Ranger: QQ
Rest of server: ROFL
bodoterror6 wrote:QQ MORE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEE PLEASEEEEEEEEE, we owned you -> fact. now stfu, press tab and keep playing your miserable no skill characters ^^ bb

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » May 07, 2012 14:48

I don't see anything bad in people doing guard tasks either, everyone should play this game the way he wants... as long as guardtasks are not more rewarding than normal rvr.
And they are atm (not more rewarding than rvr with a good fg of course... but we talk about pug rvr) this will lead to people doing guard tasks instead of rvr. Even those who would do normal rvr.

I like RonELuvv's RR gradet idea

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » May 07, 2012 15:16

how would solo guard task be comparable to pug rvr? grp guard tasks trigger action for other grps. i d rather see keep taking missions instead of guard tasks as well, since it is live like for current daoc and makes much more sense to me.

Panchos
Myrmidon

Postby Panchos » May 08, 2012 11:01

I wanna place a bet that literally none of this thread will have any effect on the GM's decision. 200 American dollars.

any takers?

Fabulabelle
Eagle Knight

Postby Fabulabelle » May 08, 2012 16:49

Blue wrote:Then the easiest solution is RR cap for guard tasks. Problem gone and the "bridge" still working.

Your proposal with lowering RP rewards is also possible and makes sense. In the XP system its the question of difficulty how much XP you will get. If you kill green ones you dont get much reward. Same could be applied to guard tasks with higher RR.

It seems GM's are listening to people of the forum, so I think you're wrong Panchos ^^
And as playing with real money is forbidden here, I will not bet with you :D :D

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » May 08, 2012 18:24

I sincerely hope they do listen to the amount of people who are arguing that it should stay the way it is.

_Where the heck will you go do rvr when there's nothing but a zerg or some other guy who can steamroll you flat in emain?_

Please tell me how this will make hadrians and odin's rvr better, give me all the stories and add youtube videos of soft violins to the background of how they should be revived.

Guard tasking opts for some alternate/fun rvr and frankly it is the only reason there even are soloers in hadrians and odins as it is.

And stop being so gd holy you rangers. You know as well as me that we can pick our targets as we please and get out of situations we don't like - there aren't many other classes with that option.

I can not press this matter strong enough. Just let it go man.

ZaiQQ
Eagle Knight

Postby ZaiQQ » May 08, 2012 18:50

Equade wrote:I sincerely hope they do listen to the amount of people who are arguing that it should stay the way it is.

_Where the heck will you go do rvr when there's nothing but a zerg or some other guy who can steamroll you flat in emain?_

Please tell me how this will make hadrians and odin's rvr better, give me all the stories and add youtube videos of soft violins to the background of how they should be revived.

Guard tasking opts for some alternate/fun rvr and frankly it is the only reason there even are soloers in hadrians and odins as it is.

And stop being so gd holy you rangers. You know as well as me that we can pick our targets as we please and get out of situations we don't like - there aren't many other classes with that option.

I can not press this matter strong enough. Just let it go man.

So because someone owns you, you should have an alternative way of doing rps with no risk. This is daoc, this is rvr, better players should get the best of you. Don't know how blue can be so holy with his THIS ISNT EASYMODE arguments but people should just be able to task their realmrank vs npc mobs that hits for 50 damage and die in 15 secs?

I don't see us being allowed to organise an 8v8 fight when theres a zerg, normal people don't go open a keep and guardtask when they get rolled. You do something about it, or you try to do something about it, or you log off or even try to find something else to fight. Even if you're low realmrank you can do stuff to win the fights, you cannot however expect to win vs everything if you arent really opted to kill it with your rr spec. As a rr5 sb/ns/infl you can destroy other even high RR ones if you dump that piece of ****** viper and grab some MoP.

Not to mention the fact that the majority of the taskers are stealthers (climb walls), they can already avoid anything they want at free will.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » May 08, 2012 19:03

ZaiQQ wrote:but people should just be able to task their realmrank vs npc mobs that hits for 50 damage and die in 15 secs?

Valid point. With weak mobs the reward balancing is not correct at all.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Sumpftopf
Warder

Postby Sumpftopf » May 08, 2012 19:17

No more RVR in Odins and Albion without Guard Tasks. :(
Siarien Süferli - Brave Kobold Hunter - lost in Emain

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen.
Kurt Marti

ZaiQQ
Eagle Knight

Postby ZaiQQ » May 08, 2012 19:22

Sumpftopf wrote:No more RVR in Odins and Albion without Guard Tasks. :(

Yet I hear people like you saying all the time that 1v1 isnt rvr? So why should the solo guard mission exist. Atleast if its a group you can actually intercept them. The solo missions for sure doesnt create any sustainable action at all.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » May 08, 2012 19:24

One thing the pro-grd. taskers forget, is that killing guards takes little effort, and it's not till the keep is lit up that you run the risk of people comming to stop you.
By the time you risk fighting "real" opponents, you'll already be done, or nearly done with your task, and what you have done isn't errased. So all you have to do is go back, or find another keep and continue.

If tasks were all about taking keeps, this wouldn't be a problem, as it's either a "you done it", or "you failed", you get no price for doing 50%.

When you go out to PvP, you can argue some PvP is effortless, as you go out high RR group, and roll low RR'ers, soloers etc... but you run the very likely risk of your first group being a high RR at same strength.

Anyway, I really agree with Ron, make it so the reward gets smaller with higher RR. This isn't Gaheris :)
Albion and having fun

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » May 08, 2012 19:27

Sumpftopf wrote:No more RVR in Odins and Albion without Guard Tasks. :(

There certainly would be if the tasks were changed to keep taking. In fact the RvR would be much much larger, as people who saw flames would know that they had an actual chance of getting a fight, and not just find a minstrel who SoS away and stealth, or a assassin who vanishes.

As it is now, very few go to flamed keeps, as the chances of actually finding a proper fight is minimal.

Make it keep-tasking and you suddenly have actual fights, including the much wanted (according to recent polls...) keep defences.
Albion and having fun

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » May 08, 2012 19:33

I have to add flames on keeps only appear if there are at least two players.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

ZaiQQ
Eagle Knight

Postby ZaiQQ » May 08, 2012 19:34

Blue wrote:I have to add flames on keeps only appear if there are at least two players.

So then theres absolutley no chance at all to intercept someone tasking unless you actually camp the keep or got it claimed, and is close by.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » May 08, 2012 19:53

Spivo wrote:as people who saw flames would know that they had an actual chance of getting a fight, and not just find a minstrel who SoS away and stealth, or a assassin who vanishes.

As it is now, very few go to flamed keeps, as the chances of actually finding a proper fight is minimal.

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm