new enchanter pet skill

Talk about your RvR experience here
JOhnnyFerro
Myrmidon

Postby JOhnnyFerro » Jan 15, 2023 10:14

giving enchanter pets ability to attack guards and players inside keep walls is a big mistake. As someone who played an enchanter for couple of years they were not under powered.

Making a class over powered is not going to fix Hib main problem which is poor leadership.

Meander Silberberg
Myrmidon

Postby Meander Silberberg » Jan 15, 2023 14:01

Same to mid and alb pets :)

JOhnnyFerro
Myrmidon

Postby JOhnnyFerro » Jan 17, 2023 08:26

Oh I did not realize that. I am sure the one cabby playing in Alb will be happy. As far as spiritmaster goes I was the only playing
that class when I played mid. I have not seen one in a long long time. For hibs this is good news chanter pet took guard on
level 8 keep down in less than a minute and was charging me.

The circus just got bigger as it added more clowns

I am grateful this game is here for me to play but given the option I would much rather play Dark Age of Camelot

Meander Silberberg
Myrmidon

Postby Meander Silberberg » Jan 19, 2023 14:06

My pet got trained by Bruce Lee. You were lucky, that my pet used its one-inch punch (1 hour cooldown) on the guard and not on you.

JOhnnyFerro
Myrmidon

Postby JOhnnyFerro » Jan 25, 2023 14:13

mistake deleted

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » Feb 24, 2023 19:40

On this thread about pets on keep doors: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47727 there's a link to https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/ ... _by_guards which is currently returning a 502 Bad Gateway error for me just like the login server is doing at the moment.

But i can confirm what Meander Silberberg says, that it's not a chanter pet ability, it's the way the guard aggro mechanics work here. It's classed as a bug by the mods, but because it's almost impossible to avoid 'exploiting' even accidentally, it puts the burden unfairly on players of pet classes to know that what they are doing is 'wrong'.

I commented on the thread i necro'd above, and i will not repeat myself here, but i will add that i consider this quite different to the placement of shrooms on overhead groundtargets which are not also visible to the caster; By comparison, a technique requiring practice and special knowledge, not something just every farming animist will naturally do when attacking a keep. Also while every realm has at least three classes that can accidentally 'abuse' this bug of pets going through walls and being ignored by guards, Hibernia's Animist is the only one capable of shutting down even small groups of defenders who don't have AoE mezz or GTAoE.

I am not complaining about animists... my main is an animist and i would be as upset as any if in some attempt to stop this behaviour the class got nerfed. I am simply using this chance to point out how the effect on morale of a server is very different when a universally available quirk is found versus when people continue to play an angle that gives huge advantages to only one class.
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Feb 26, 2023 08:55

Hello,
I'm getting tired of reading every thread whining about the animist.
You hardly find any players in Hibernia anyway, or only temporarily.
Very few of them play animist or only use it for farming. The mechanics of the animist have been changed several times here on the server and many things have been discussed. There were also 2 videos of me that were viewed by the mods and they found that the mechanics worked correctly.
The thing with the pets is nerf but a change is definitely possible, but requires some work.
There are other issues that should be fixed but if you look at the mods logins you will see that only Abydos is active and blue was only online after the server crash.
Just take it as it is and don't upset the last remaining players.

Greetings

Meander Silberberg
Myrmidon

Postby Meander Silberberg » Feb 26, 2023 13:36

@Rudra This thread is about the mobile pets, which run through closed gates :)

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Feb 27, 2023 11:31

Meander Silberberg wrote:@Rudra This thread is about the mobile pets, which run through closed gates :)

Every pet in mid, apart hunter one, runs trough doors, climb walls, pass trough walls ect... There is no LoS on those pets, so i think is good for chanter pet too.

Return to Realm versus Realm