I Was Right

Talk about your RvR experience here
Spacebrah
Warder

Postby Spacebrah » Nov 10, 2022 00:02

As author of the most-read, most-commented, future-predicting, famed post from two years ago titled "Mid Imbalance = Low Uthgard Pop", I just came here to say... I was right. Don't call me a fortune teller #math.

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Nov 11, 2022 02:51

Spacebrah wrote:As author of the most-read, most-commented, future-predicting, famed post from two years ago titled "Mid Imbalance = Low Uthgard Pop", I just came here to say... I was right. Don't call me a fortune teller #math.

If you want to put balance in this server you should get rid of alb zerging and start to run a decent 8 man. whenever, during the life of all classic Daoc servers, there was one no mid or hib group could compete vs them. So you were not correct then when you posted and are not correct now insisting on it.

Snigel
Eagle Knight

Postby Snigel » Nov 11, 2022 11:13

DAoC on RvR based servers was never "balanced" due to it´s different realms/classes so to speak. The fact you can zeRg even renders every try to balance out things impossible.

You may think of different levels in difficulties to play on RvR based servers for each realm like all single player games work until now. Which realm is what difficulty may be discussable...

Me, playing PvP set servers most of my "live DAoC" time will always shake my head whenever balancing of DAoC is a topic.

We used to be able to build xrealm setups back in the day on Camlann and Mordred, that may have been the most "balanced" way to play this beatiful game not thinking about zeRging.
The sad truth is that the PvP servers never got as much population as the RvR servers, confirming that most of the people just go down the easiest way joining the winning team (insert any realm here).

PS: Make Uthgard a PvP setup server! <3
Satas Hakx - various artists

Meander Silberberg
Myrmidon

Postby Meander Silberberg » Nov 14, 2022 15:16

Mids currently have a very good group setup, albs currently cannot even assist :)

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Nov 15, 2022 00:13

Meander Silberberg wrote:Mids currently have a very good group setup, albs currently cannot even assist :)

Not completely good, we had to borrow some players from Hib.
Albs could have a good setup and some good players but apparently don't want to run 8 men in open field, only keep taking and defense.

Spacebrah
Warder

Postby Spacebrah » Nov 24, 2022 00:20

Roby5869 wrote:So you were not correct then when you posted and are not correct now insisting on it.

Mmhmm, that's why server pop hasn't dropped 95% since I wrote the post.

Oh wait... it has.

I was right :grin: but I'm not a fortune teller, just smarter.

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Nov 24, 2022 03:17

Can you say cognitive dissonance ?
What we have here boys and girls is a prime example of the Dunning - Kruger effect.

Return to Realm versus Realm