Gratz Albs and Mids for the nice the Reliraid

Talk about your RvR experience here
Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Dec 18, 2021 13:22

Hi there,
First of all, thanks to everyone involved for the lovely evening.
It was an up and down at the Hibs, after DC some people logged out frustrated and it was very difficult for us to motivate a few people again.

What was the reason for this:
The volley of the scouts !!!
As a caster you have no chance to survive an assist of 5 scouts of the volley.
This has been going on for a long time and nothing is being changed. It is known that the bow system is Bugy and that it is in urgent need of repair.
A quick possibility would be to deactivate the command / GT Assist (whether it is a solution ........). This would not only affect the Archer but also other classes, so no one should feel richly disadvantaged.
I just wanted to address that once and there may be a solution to the problem.
Write here what moves you or how we should approach some things differently.

greetings
Irela/Rudra/Partymonster

Bogged
Warder

Postby Bogged » Dec 20, 2021 07:53

Hi Rudra,

GT Assist is maybe the only way to encounter the hib shroom stacks. So that would be a very bad solution ;)

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Dec 20, 2021 10:21

Hi there,

I understand that it is difficult to fight the fungus. But the problem I see that a Necro in shadow form goes into the tower and puts Gt's. Or other characters that can disguise themselves.
Everyone has the chance to create their own Gt.
I also had something else in mind, it will be harder for even the most difficult to get high keeps because one player usually gives the Gt and everyone assists.
Midgard players also take keeps without GT assist and even when animists are in keep.
As I said, it is only a suggestion, you can discuss a lot.

Greetings
Irela/Rudra/Partymonster

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Dec 20, 2021 20:41

When beeing hit by Volley it/you should atleast make a sound that you got hit by it, leave alone an animation of beeing hit.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Jan 21, 2022 00:43

Volley should not damage a target with a roof/cover above them.... There should be a counter to remain safe from a volley. IE: get under cover.

Arrows going into/through structures (or walls) is not very realistic.

GT spells on the other hand is fine and if 5 earth wizzies wanted to use the same tactic with a necro setting the GT cool, although the range of the GT spell is not going to match the volley range so its not nearly as bad.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jan 22, 2022 11:09

Satiah wrote:When beeing hit by Volley it/you should atleast make a sound that you got hit by it, leave alone an animation of beeing hit.

I recently added the target effect and sound when I looked at volley cooldown/reuse.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jan 22, 2022 11:11

Ebbie wrote:Volley should not damage a target with a roof/cover above them.... There should be a counter to remain safe from a volley. IE: get under cover.

Arrows going into/through structures (or walls) is not very realistic.

GT spells on the other hand is fine and if 5 earth wizzies wanted to use the same tactic with a necro setting the GT cool, although the range of the GT spell is not going to match the volley range so its not nearly as bad.

I know what you mean. But keep in mind that this game is not about being realistic but how it mechanics and skills should work based on the original Mythic design. If there was a LOS check for the volley target back in the day I am happy to try making this work on Uthgard as well.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Jan 22, 2022 15:40

Hi there,
I think I know where Ebbie is getting at.
Gtaes are triggered exactly where they were placed.
Volley too, but if the arrow doesn't find a target, it will smash through the ceilings and floors.
Unfortunately, I don't know whether this was what Mythic intended.

Greetings
Irela/Rudra/Partymonster

Return to Realm versus Realm