An Ancient Foe - A Proposal

Talk about your RvR experience here
Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Oct 01, 2021 16:21

Taraza wrote:Some text

Before the event started we had lot of good fights against Hib and Mid groups. Yes, we take a lot off keeps too and wiped some time on defending Animists and Rangers. After the event starts, where were all the groups and players? Where the action? Where the killspams?
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Rakjsh
Myrmidon

Postby Rakjsh » Oct 01, 2021 18:41

Nakja wrote:
Taraza wrote:Some text

Before the event started we had lot of good fights against Hib and Mid groups. Yes, we take a lot off keeps too and wiped some time on defending Animists and Rangers. After the event starts, where were all the groups and players? Where the action? Where the killspams?

You do not have fights not because people are chasing an Invader that gives them RP in a RvR zone.

Perhaps there is more exping going on given the bonus;
perhaps people could finally try to bring up that character they wanted to 50 but couldn't because of lack of population.

Wake up.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Oct 01, 2021 18:49

I think the fights died down prior to Ancient Foe, and this was more a product of the XP bonus event. More players wanted to finish leveling characters long in their 30s/40s and saw the 1 month of bonus xp as more rewarding then RVR fights. Now that the XP bonus is over I would expect more of the 'normal' routine.

Another part of the issue is realm balance in regards to high skilled players. Most of us know who the better players are, when many of those players decide to play on the same realm, less players come out to RVR on the other realms. Perhaps the best players should all come to some kind of agreement to go to different realms and fight each other, instead of with each other. This isn't likely as part of the fun of the game is playing with your friends.

Ferres
Warder

Postby Ferres » Nov 27, 2021 08:36

Nakja wrote:No rps for pve content please.

So, you´ve gained RR5 without the Doppelgangers-PvE-Rp´s in such a short time?

Edit: on your Druid Takhi.

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Nov 27, 2021 08:56

Ferres wrote:
Nakja wrote:No rps for pve content please.

So, you´ve gained RR5 without the Doppelgangers-PvE-Rp´s in such a short time?

Edit: on your Druid Takhi.

On Doppler event i was only 1st week hib and played Event most time with animist. Then i went to alb because freinds leave server about no more rvr activity anymore while all hunting pve mobs only. RR is achieved faster by killing players not by raiding lvl1 keeps. Ideally outnumbered. Try it out. Run small / fg and dont take keeps with Romu or Zuster BG only.

Ferres
Warder

Postby Ferres » Nov 27, 2021 09:16

Nakja wrote:On Doppler event i was only 1st week hib and played Event most time with animist. Then i went to alb because freinds leave server about no more rvr activity anymore while all hunting pve mobs only. RR is achieved faster by killing players not by raiding lvl1 keeps. Ideally outnumbered. Try it out. Run small / fg and dont take keeps with Romu or Zuster BG only.

Your statement doesn´t fit the rapid gain of RR you´ve made.

Beside that, i was part of a random 8 man group for a short time before you came back, and we ran 8 man a few times together as well, even if you don´t remember. Like many others i´ve lost interest in RvR or even easy keeptakes due to the situation we have now, and over the past 2-3 months i´ve joined RvR activity just once. You can ask yourself about the reason, but let me tell you that you´ve said it clearly enough in TS yourself, why it sucks to go out.

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Nov 27, 2021 09:27

Ferres wrote:
Nakja wrote:On Doppler event i was only 1st week hib and played Event most time with animist. Then i went to alb because freinds leave server about no more rvr activity anymore while all hunting pve mobs only. RR is achieved faster by killing players not by raiding lvl1 keeps. Ideally outnumbered. Try it out. Run small / fg and dont take keeps with Romu or Zuster BG only.

Your statement doesn´t fit the rapid gain of RR you´ve made.

Beside that, i was part of a random 8 man group for a short time before you came back, and we ran 8 man a few times together as well, even if you don´t remember. Like many others i´ve lost interest in RvR or even easy keeptakes due to the situation we have now, and over the past 2-3 months i´ve joined RvR activity just once. You can ask yourself about the reason, but let me tell you that you´ve said it clearly enough in TS yourself, why it sucks to go out.

I made my RPs on this time as Drood in a Hibernia heat-debuf-train setgroup, fighting Iroen and Penumbra mid groups, some time Alb BG. Our hib group stopped with event. And yes, i tried to explain TS how to fight and/or dont attac keep with 3+ animist inside because its useless and i dont want feed animists where taking keep by window exploit.

And - sorry for that - no RPs for PvE like Dopplers. Keeps i ok because other player can defend - Albs did it well yesterday.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Nov 27, 2021 10:51

Hi there,
you already know that you contradict yourself.
Do you play with animists (who you think are using an exploid) on Hibernia?
Judging animists but taking advantage of the many kills?
Then why are you playing on Hibernia when you know there are animists there?
You either accept the situation as it is or, for example, change the realm.

Greetings

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Nov 27, 2021 11:14

Rudra wrote:Do you play with animists (who you think are using an exploid) on Hibernia?

Not all copy your play style and shroom lord via window. Some build rams.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Nov 27, 2021 11:56

Hi there,
is that a justification or an indictment?
If I use the capabilities of my class, is that wrong?
Do you not use any maintenance or group training?
As a druid you use your options and support the Anmisten, or is that wrong?
You have chosen this server on this patch stand to be able to play, so you have to live with all strengths and weaknesses.

greetings

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Nov 27, 2021 12:13

Rudra wrote:If I use the capabilities of my class, is that wrong?

Actually the last 10 posts were about a someone asking how i could get my drood on rr5 when i'm so against RP for PVE...^^ It was only a matter of time before the topic animist came up.

So peace all. No RP for PVE. Thats just my opinion and my last comment here.

Ferres
Warder

Postby Ferres » Nov 27, 2021 14:43

Nakja wrote:Actually the last 10 posts were about a someone asking how i could get my drood on rr5 when i'm so against RP for PVE...^^ It was only a matter of time before the topic animist came up.

Yeah, someone came up with this topic:

Nakja wrote:And yes, i tried to explain TS how to fight and/or dont attac keep with 3+ animist inside because its useless and i dont want feed animists where taking keep by window exploit.

:roll:

Previous

Return to Realm versus Realm