Spell Crafting thoughts

Talk about anything crafting related here
Berenhorn
Guardian

Postby Berenhorn » Sep 19, 2018 15:51

Spell Crafting RNG

Wednesday, September 19, 2018
9:09 AM

This RNG (Random Number Generator) is a very mean thing. It enjoys playing with you. Here are the things noticed while doing
The SC.
1. Ignores you How you know this is by the message you failed to make (insert item here) but lost no material
2. Smirks at you How you say? By the message You successfully made (insert item here) but it was not worthy to grant you a point nor good quality
3. Plays a joke on you. How by the message you successfully made (insert item here) and gives a point in a useless skill set called Gemcutting
4. Gets upset by you constantly making offerings How by the message you failed to make (insert item here) anf you lose some material
5. Pats you on the head How by the message you successfully made (insert item here) and here is your point in SC
And finally at the 99 point given you have to go speak with his emissary to get the hundred point so you can be taunted all over again for 99 points
Just my thoughts
Note I did edit my post by 1 word as I had nor have meant to offend anyone and apologize if I did.
Berenhorn
PS let me know your thoughts too

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Sep 21, 2018 00:20

:D
i made a leg SCer as well and i was having very similar thoughts.
its been quite a while....but the one thing i still remember: the skill up from 798 to 799 took me 16 (SIXTEEN!!!) SUCCESSFUL tries of an ORANGE con gem. it made me question life itself.

hang in there!

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Sep 22, 2018 14:44

The RNG (Random Number Generator) is known from the start of DAoC in 2003, as a pure sh*t programming.
I dont know and nobody knows why the programmers of DAoC dont check in mathematical textbooks how works a good RNG.
I often see, when crafting potions, 1mp, then in the next 2 or 3 pots another mp, then... hundred pots with no mp, then 1mp
and sometime the 2 or 3 next pots a second mp. Rince and repeat. So, its clear that the RNG is reset almost each time a mp comes, and rarely get a chance to have another mp after the first.
The most stupid thing is the fact that you are Legendary crafter and it takes many and many tries to get a mp, even a 99% on a very low level item !
ah, ok, its 1.65 ....
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Sep 22, 2018 15:12

Wakanidoo wrote:The RNG (Random Number Generator) is known from the start of DAoC in 2003, as a pure sh*t programming.
I dont know and nobody knows why the programmers of DAoC dont check in mathematical textbooks how works a good RNG.
I often see, when crafting potions, 1mp, then in the next 2 or 3 pots another mp, then... hundred pots with no mp, then 1mp
and sometime the 2 or 3 next pots a second mp. Rince and repeat. So, its clear that the RNG is reset almost each time a mp comes, and rarely get a chance to have another mp after the first.
The most stupid thing is the fact that you are Legendary crafter and it takes many and many tries to get a mp, even a 99% on a very low level item !
ah, ok, its 1.65 ....

I doubt there is a special Daoc programmer RNG module and they use a standard one known to be working as intended accross the coding community.
Maybe its you who should read more about statistics? :oops:
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Ploangel
Myrmidon

Postby Ploangel » Sep 22, 2018 16:53

I may be wrong but I remember few year ago (end 2000s) uthgard change the RNG lib for a true RNG generator service like random.org ?

Rector
Alerion Knight

Postby Rector » Sep 22, 2018 17:10

Wakanidoo wrote:So, its clear that the RNG is reset almost each time a mp comes...
The RNG is even "reset" after each random number generation =) The RNG doesnt care about its last result.

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Sep 22, 2018 17:19

Rector wrote:
Wakanidoo wrote:So, its clear that the RNG is reset almost each time a mp comes...
The RNG is even "reset" after each random number generation =) The RNG doesnt care about its last result.

It's not uncommon that you craft 2 MPs in a row. Mostly happens with instruments and sometimes with weapons (lvl 51) too.

Maybe I should simply craft less ...
Albion Forever!

Rector
Alerion Knight

Postby Rector » Sep 22, 2018 17:23

The chance of 2MPs in a row is 2%*2% = 0,04% .. so you are a lucky person if this is not uncommon to you =)

PS: GZ! to post No 1000!

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Sep 23, 2018 14:41

Yesterday, i had a full SC with 4 weapons to do. Because of overcharge, I had to craft all 99% gems. I got all my 99% gems after crafting about 260 gems. And what about mp ?
Only 1 (one), on very low lvl gem.
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Sep 23, 2018 15:25

Rector wrote:The chance of 2MPs in a row is 2%*2% = 0,04% .. so you are a lucky person if this is not uncommon to you =)

PS: GZ! to post No 1000!

;)

Happens quite some time from time to time.
Albion Forever!

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Oct 09, 2018 13:35

well chance of a mp is what ? 2% for a lgm.
What i find strange is that i can as a lgm fail a green con item so much as i does. But hey, i fail rather than success with 95-98% quality.

I wish for crafting demanded a special combination of keystrokes while you crafted, and success rate gave diffrent qualitys.
Would make crafting an actual skill :)

Return to Crafting