Whats your time worth?

Talk about anything crafting related here
Bobbahunter
Warder

Postby Bobbahunter » Apr 18, 2018 13:30

HI fellow Crafter's.

So i'm wondering if this sounds fair or not? I've met a lot of generous Crafter's and I try to pay it forward but sometimes I feel like I need to give something for your time/efforts

before I started my SC craft if I need something SCed I would buy all the Mats and have a list of Gems I need. NO OVER CHARGE needed, I just need you to make gems and put on Item. Lately I was giving 10 gold per item that I needed SC on. Is that too much, about right, or not enough? Someone once wanted 500 gold so I figured they didn't want to take the time. It boils down to no cost to you but time.

Another Question. Weapons crafting. Same situation. I have all the mats but need a couple grey for you to make 99% swords for my Alts. If I gave you enough mats to make 10 of the same item or even different weapons ( Sword and Shield ). Is 100 gold to make me 10 swords with my mats fair? 10 g per item.

Thank you to everyone for the free Items and your time, I really do appreciate it.

Bobbahunter 47.5 Hunter
AC is 865
Fletch 850
SC 605
Alch 700
Bobbahunter
Hunter

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Apr 18, 2018 14:22

Usually farming/salvaging/trinketing would yield about 300g per hour. (15mins move, 30 min farm, 5min salvage, 10 min trinketing) So i would say the rate should be around 5g per minute of time.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Apr 18, 2018 15:24

If someone is willing to buy the mats, I generally will not charge them. ******, I spent a lot of time making gray gear and SCing it for random zerkers and warriors I see running around. If I'm sitting and crafting, and someone takes the initiative to bring me everything I need to craft for them, I'll tell them to tip what they feel is necessary if they feel necessary.

Return to Crafting